Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    speaking of keeping the SD card "secure"... is there a program that let's you encrypt or put a password lock on the SD card? similar to a hard drive password on your computer.
    Just the other day I was woundering the same thing.

Would be nice to have some software like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Ok Im a ppc nerd and it cant be helped.Reading codyppc post above I put together some pretty cool alerts contained in zip below.
    Cardin
    Cardout
    There very cool,They will get your attention,oh yeah they talk
    Put them in your windows folder
    follow codyppc directions above to install in a very easy reg edit

Cheers
    Phil C
    Update A pretty cool gain from this reg edit and alert install is that you can change the SD alert not having to do this reg edit again.If you get sick of certain alerts just add new ones renaming them-cardin and cardout.You then drop them in your windows folder and bingo new sound

Cheers
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by ft5117 View Post
    speaking of keeping the SD card "secure"... is there a program that let's you encrypt or put a password lock on the SD card? similar to a hard drive password on your computer.
    Yes there is, but I have no idea how to come across it. The newer IPAQ PPC has SD card encryption. It is the same device that has the biometric fingerprint reader. My friend had one but got rid of it while back, so I couldn't even access the ROM to see if it could be extracted.

Crossbow will do this also, just FYI
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlepat View Post
    Yes there is, but I have no idea how to come across it. The newer IPAQ PPC has SD card encryption. It is the same device that has the biometric fingerprint reader. My friend had one but got rid of it while back, so I couldn't even access the ROM to see if it could be extracted.

Crossbow will do this also, just FYI
    thanks for the tip, it's good to know that they exist. losing a SD card isn't that big of a deal (easy to back up and inexpensive to replace), but we should be more careful about keeping the data safe. a few months ago, i read an article that talked bout how a reporter was able to retrieve important, personal data from used pda phones. some had belonged to biz execs of larger campanies and contained sensitive emails about impending corporate merger dates, etc. lol.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12