1.    #1  
    About once a week, this happens. I go to Sync up - it connects just fine. Then a coupel of seconds later, I get this message:

Syncronization cannot be completed Successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. If the problem persists, see the Microsoft ActiveSync Troubleshooter in Microsoft ActiveSync help on your desktop computer.

With an "OK" button.

I click "OK". No sync happens - the lower pane of the ActiveSync Window greys out. However, I can explore and see/move/add/delete files.

It's been happening about once per week. I do a sprite backup almost every day now, but this garbage gets old.

Anyone else have this problem and know what's happening and possible how to fix?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Chris
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    yep, I get this sync problem often, basically EVERY DAY, and I don't know why it doesn't work. It either requires a RESET or a resetup of the activesync profile, which is a PIA.

I have posted on this forum for 2+ weeks now, but nobody seems to have the issue so doesn't respond.

I'm sorry I have nothing to offer as a fix. I know that I have tried switching to IR, which is slow, but sometimes it works.

I have run the USB, RNDIS utility, that doesn't work.
    I have tried rebooting the PC, that doesn't work.

I have tried the device TREO reboot, and THAT works sometimes, but sometimes, I cannot get it to work at all, and have to rebuild the partnership. IT is very odd, I have run about 10 differant PPC or Smartphone devices at differant times on this PC and others, and have never had THIS problem.
    I'm having the same problem only its every time. My records show they have been revised but I get the

"Syncronization cannot be completed Successfully. Reconnect your device and try again. If the problem persists, see the Microsoft ActiveSync Troubleshooter in Microsoft ActiveSync help on your desktop computer."

I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it that didnt help. I hard reset my wx and resynced it. That worked one time. There after its back to the same message. Anyone with an insight or solution to this please email me at NextLevelMentor at aol dot com
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    i'll do you one further and say, if ANYONE has ANY idea how to fox this to make it work, please rospond to this thread. i'll put 5.00 into a paypal acct for thanks!
  5.    #5  
    This is what Verizon had to say when I asked them about it.

I love the very last line. Just a tiny contrast with the rest of the e-mail:

-----------------

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. I apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. This a problem with the s/w on your desktop please contact Microsoft for further troubleshooting. Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless, and we look forward to servicing your needs. Should you have additional questions or concerns, please reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Susan
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

"We never stop working for you!"
    This may not be your problem since the last update fixed it but you might want to look at this thread anyway:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=111766
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    So, I tried to look there, didn't have any files.

Another data point is.

I notice, that BOTH on the TREO, AND on the PC, I get AUTHENTICATED! it sees me as the user, and the name of the TREO and everything,
    and then, DING, it says, cannot sync.

Again, if I delete the partnership and recreate, it works fine.

But, that takes about 3-5 minutes each time.
    I have a problem similar to what is mentioned here. The best description is that the Treo loses or forgets the partnership to the PC. I've been through it so many times with Verizon and Palm. Verizon says it's ActiveSync and Palm says it's the phone. I have had 4 different Treo 700w's now and they all do the same thing.

The suspicion I have is that I'm using Norton Systemworks Premier. I did all of the things suggested as far as adding the .exe programs and ports to the trusted list, but the thing that is troubling to me is that there is no clear way to entirely shut the Norton program off completley. Maybe that isn't it, I don't know.

So for now, I have to perform a hard reset any time I have to add an appointment to the Treo. I'm just hoping that they come out with an update for it, or offer the 750!
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I am also having the same problem. It seems to happen whenever I program one of my Universal Remotes MX3000's, that also uses Active Sync to make a connection. It's a pain to have to delete the partnership!

Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem with my 700w. I have it set to sync with both my work and home computer and both are having the same problem. Everything's been rebooted. All ActiveSync profiles have been deleted, but I get the error right after connecting, so I'm not able to create any new profiles.

I've tried the USB Switch thing. No change.

I am able to Explore the Treo and see the installed programs, but am not able to install/uninstall anything. On the Treo, the list of installed programs is empty.

The fact that it happened on two different computers, on the same day, makes me believe that it's something on the Treo that's causing the issue.
    I agree that it's the handheld.

Friday I did a hard reset, and was able to sync a few times, and when in the ActiveSync program on the handheld the screen that has the sync icon and the last time a successful synchronization occured. Saturday AM I looked at that same screen and it changed back to the screen that you see when the device hasn't been sync'ed before. That tells me right there it's the handheld. The trouble is they just send another handheld, and it has the very same problem. I'm on number 4 so far....

I really wish they would release a patch for this problem!
    I'm a P guy, but uprading from ActiveSync 4.1 to 4.2 seemed to resolve issues with the W's in my office. Fyi, in case any of you are still on 4.1.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    A co-worker of mine also had the same problem. Our IT department has also not been able to determine why or give us a fix. The only work around was to not allow the device to sync through usb connection nd only allow ota sync. When the user needed to do an actual connection with the desktop, he does it as "guest" so it won't do a usb connected exchange sync, which always causes the problem and subsequently requires the hard sync. I should also note that there are others of us using WM devices who when we sync via usb, the device requires a soft reset to get activesync working again even for OTA/direct push. We believe that there is something with the setup of either our security, firewalls, etc. that conflicts with activesync and causes these problems, but no one seems to know what and why. My company has Premier support with Microsoft and we're going to start pushing the issue.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Well, all I can say, if any of you are having this problem still and it was anything like the problem I had, then a complete hard reset, might just be the ticket.

I bit the bullet and did the hard reset, and had to reenable my emails and about five applications, but
    Since then, even after putting PDANET back on, everything seems to be fine. I just put PDANET back on today, but up to now for over a week, it has been working fine.

If it starts to puke on me tomorrow, I will know it was PDANET, but at the moment, I am syncing just fine.
    All:
    We have been having somewhat similar problems as well. A coworker and I have 700wx's that don't seem to work quite right. We think it has something to do with the fact that they sync through both the USB and OTA. The units hang up, run slow, etc. My co-worker's phone would freeze up when he pulled it off the docking station. He would have to try and initiate a command/program of some type, then wait 3-5 minutes for the unit to get itself "cleared" so that it could run correctly. Other weird stuff like the vibrating ringer not shutting off, the phone hanging itself up if I tried to take it off the docking station before I hit the "Answer" soft key.

I'm not much of an expert, but in watching how the phone as worked, it seems like the two syncing methods are getting tangled around one another and not finishing out their routines and shutting off.
    Same issue with the 750. It's good for a couple of days then poof it doesn't work any more but can still transfer files over etc.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    OK, here's something strange. My company just moved our email from a hosted POP3 server to a brand new in house Exchange Server (03)

Now, the Treo sync's fine with that, and even my computer (for notes and mobile favorites only

One strange thing is that the tasks don't seem to sync (I put up a separate post about that) but everything else works just dandy.

So, to sum it up when I wasn't using an Exchange Server I was hosed, but as soon as I switched to that everything works fine. Crazy!
    I had the same problem, only worse. Not only was I not able to sync, but my handheld also froze every time I tried to reset. It booted fine but everytime it tried to re-initiate Activesync and locked up. It took some quick fingers and ingenuity to kill the process before it started.

Here's what I did:

Important: Before you do this back up your sync folders - you can't be too careful

1) I restarted the host computer

2) I rebooted my handheld

3) I deleted the partnership. On the desktop I went to Files > Delete Mobile Device (I saved desktop folder)

4) I rebooted my PC.

5) I synched the handheld via USB and went through the process of r-establishing the partnership. I mad sure I chose the merge data option. That way the files on my handheld would not be deleted.

I think the problem has to do with Activesync not ending properly. Re-establishing the partnership fixes the problem - at least for me it did. YMMV.
    Same issue here, for about the last 2 months . Been working since I got my 700w in Januray of 2006 without issue.

I have tried soft and hard resets, remove partnetship etc.. issue returns. Had the phone recently swapped out, same issue. Just did a Hard Reset, will leave it clean, no third party apps and see if issue returns. I am only syncing files, nothing else (no contacts, tasks, calendar etc..)

There must be something that has changed recently (third party app?), my sync'ing has been flawless for 11 months, till now. It's happening on my work and home PC.

I have tried Active Sync 4.2 and 4.5Beta 2.

Frustrating.

~CMT