Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    * Date Denied
    1/14/2007

* What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?Promo was only for Corpororate Type accounts. ie: Name on account has to be company name like "Joe Schmoe Inc", not anyone's name.

* Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    Number is in NJ, but billing address is in TX.

* Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    I get a b2b corporate discount, but according to VZW, its employee-liable since I get a 22% discount off the plans.

* Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

* Other info you would like to share.
    Since I have a NJ cell phone number, i had to dial *611 from my phone since calling the 800 number will route me to the western VZW call center for living in TX.

I will try again.......
    * Date Denied
    1/15, 2 different reps via *611

* What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    Promo was only for Corpororate Type accounts. ie: Name on account has to be company name like "Joe Schmoe Inc", not anyone's name.

* Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    NYC Number

* Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    individual

* Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

* Other info you would like to share.
    both reps asked the same question about where i heard about the plan. i'm pretty sure all the reps have been specifically trained to look for consumers trying to add this data plan
    Sounds like what happened to me. I absolutely could not connect to data. I tried *228 several times and resets. Verizon must be catching on! Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by sga.usa View Post
    I added the PDATP plan to my account today, no issue. I live in NJ. I then switched from the Core Choice Plan of $79.99/month (39.99 + 40/data) to the America's Choice 450 plan since I didn't need the $40 data feature of the Core CHoice plan anymore because of PDATP. Well, doing that switch from Core Choice to AMerica's choice lost me my data access on the phone. #228 did not help since I tried it about 10 times for nearly half the day with no luck. Even hard reset. Still would not connect to data.

Well long story short, I was on the phone with data technical services in Rochester for the next 3 hours trying to get my data access back. I asked them to undo everything to my account and then it finally got to work.

They told me that the PDATP has been causing such a stink at VZW since it is supposed to be a corporate plan feature and unless you had a corporate tie in to your individual account, individual accounts without such corporate tie are not supposed to be "allowed" to get the PDATP. He also said (for what it's worth, probably not much) that the programmers there are working to go through all of the accounts to make sure that the PDATP is tied to a corporate account and if it's not, then they will automatically switch to the 44.99 plan. Maybe a lot of talk, whatever, thought I'd share. Yet another example where one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

In any event, I had added the PDATP to my wife's phone (separate # and account) last week, so at least one of us has it. Hopefully, what the guy told me doesn't happen or he was lying to me. We'll see.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Please note that to Update your VZW Device.
    It is *228 you dial NOT #228.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    although i broke the news about this plan to this forum, i had to cancel the PDATP after the first 2 weeks because my bill kinda got screwed up in the process between adding and removing features. Has anyone been billed for this yet does it show any data usage? I never got around to ask how the peoples bills came out.
    I know this is much to ask for, but if someone can provide me with their phone # with the feature on their account it could help CSR. I'm located in California and I've called 4 times and they haven't been able to find it.

From what I'm seeing this option is so far mostly on the east coast.

I know it's kinda fishy that I have 1 post, but I've been going to HoFo for a while and I got the link from HoFo to here. So if you want to look me up at HoFo that'd be fine...I'll link you to any of my posts.

But having a phone number to look up would help. I wouldn't be able to do anything to the account neither if I don't have the last 4 of social, nor the name on the account.

If anyone does decide to help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Not only by me but most likely other people too if they are able to use this as help.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
    I know this is much to ask for, but if someone can provide me with their phone # with the feature on their account it could help CSR. I'm located in California and I've called 4 times and they haven't been able to find it.

From what I'm seeing this option is so far mostly on the east coast.

I know it's kinda fishy that I have 1 post, but I've been going to HoFo for a while and I got the link from HoFo to here. So if you want to look me up at HoFo that'd be fine...I'll link you to any of my posts.

But having a phone number to look up would help. I wouldn't be able to do anything to the account neither if I don't have the last 4 of social, nor the name on the account.

If anyone does decide to help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Not only by me but most likely other people too if they are able to use this as help.
    I wouldn't do that. I have tried to add the plan to my phone, and the CSR asked the same from me. I would be afraid that they will remove the plan from the number you provide if they find it to be a customer not meeting the "requirements".
    Last edited by jac6695; 01/15/2007 at 08:04 PM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by jac6695 View Post
    I wouldn't do that. I have tried to add the plan to my phone, and the CSR asked the same from me. I would be afraid that they will remove the plan from the number you provide if they find it to be a customer not meeting the "requirements".
    They are not allowed to do that.
  9. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Ive about given up. I'm out of contract & even threatened to cancel my service do to the fact that I'm paying $40 compared to $15 through Sprint & now they have granted Sprint the right to roam on our network when theirs aren't available! I'm in South Florida & all they can tell me is that its a plan they have never offered. The so-called RETENTION departments solution was to downgrade my UNLIMITED data plan to some plan that would offer me a limited amount of data usage per month. I proceed to provide them with the url of a bill with the plan CLEARLY stated on it then I get put on hold for 10-20 mins just to be told its a grandfathered plan & the customer might have had it for years. They stated the ONLY way they will add it is if I can provide them with a cell number that has the feature added. I asked them what would happen if the account shouldn't have had the feature added & they stated all they can do is view the account & its a violation of contract to remove or change a feature on an account without the customers approval. Basically,after being on the phone with retention for 1hr 58mins the ONLY WAY to add this feature is to present an example (cell#) they will view in THEIR OWN system so they will HAVE to add the feature.
    Just get SERO from SPRINT.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Just do what I am planning on doing...since sms are going from .10 to .15, this constitutes a material change to your contract and you should be able to opt ouf of your contract without paying a ETF. When I spoke to a rep yesterday, he told me the memo just went out yesterday afternoon regarding the price change and is supposed to get back to me later this week.

My plan is to opt out and go to Sprint Sero...whats the point of staying with verizon anyway?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstudboy1 View Post
    Just do what I am planning on doing...since sms are going from .10 to .15, this constitutes a material change to your contract and you should be able to opt ouf of your contract without paying a ETF. When I spoke to a rep yesterday, he told me the memo just went out yesterday afternoon regarding the price change and is supposed to get back to me later this week.

My plan is to opt out and go to Sprint Sero...whats the point of staying with verizon anyway?
    Some places have Great VZW Coverage in their area while not having great coverage with Sprint ...
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Yeah but now,the GREAT & OUTSTANDING coverage I've been paying an arm & a leg for,Sprint is now able to use with their roaming agreement for only $15 as opposed to my $40. There really is no point to stay with VZW anymore.
    Keep in mind the data roaming is currently limited to 1x speeds. If that's not a big deal, then the price difference is hard to justify.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I'm going to try to get out of Verizon contract if that is possible, but it still blows to lose 400 on the damn phone. So I'm only considering for now. I live in Queens and work on Long Island. Signal level on Verizon is definately higher(on LI area), but I haven't missed a call, or had trouble watching Sling(constant 30fps). PDATP is saving me few bucks, but it's impossible for me to justify Verizon's fees compared to SERO plan.

Love both
    AHHHHH!!
    Take III
    They called me back. I don't meet the requirements (I need to have a corporate account). Supposedly the system automatically reverts my plan to my old one. No good for me... Why are we still with VZW?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith P View Post
    UPDATE:

I got my bill. They charged me for BOTH the PDATP and The UNL DATA. They said that I am not eligle for PDATP since I'm not on a corporate account. So they didn't remove the UNL DATA. I asked to have the UNL DATA removed, they said they will have to remove the PDATP too! When I got angery, all they could say is that "I WAS MISS INFORMED".

My contract is up in Feb. I will be switching to a new carrier in the next few weeks.

UPDATE (TAKE II):

Called back. I was furious! The next CSR was able to remove the UNL DATA (AKA: KBUUE ?) and add the PDATP. She said that they never made the changes last week. I think some one deleted some of the logs to cover their rear! I insisted that they send me a letter to confirm this change. I should have a confirmation letter in 3 days. Verizon has 1 week, before I drop them all together.
    AUTO CONVERT=BS

There are people here already w/ bills that shows PDATP. God I hate company dropping balls like this on customers.

Love both
    PDATP's description in my plan details (online) has changed from "UNL PDA 800 TXT 100" to "CORP-UNL PDA 800 TX" - presumably truncated from CORP-UNL PDA 800 TXT 100 PIX.

I have a personal plan with a 15% discount through my employer.
    look at that, mine too has changed. Also have an employer discount. I'm scared this thing's going to be removed any second.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Hmm mine says "CORP-UNL PDA 800 TX" in the VZW My Account page also.