Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith P View Post
    UPDATE:

I got my bill. They charged me for BOTH the PDATP and The UNL DATA. They said that I am not eligle for PDATP since I'm not on a corporate account. So they didn't remove the UNL DATA. I asked to have the UNL DATA removed, they said they will have to remove the PDATP too! When I got angery, all they could say is that "I WAS MISS INFORMED".

My contract is up in Feb. I will be switching to a new carrier in the next few weeks.

UPDATE (TAKE II):

Called back. I was furious! The next CSR was able to remove the UNL DATA (AKA: KBUUE ?) and add the PDATP. She said that they never made the changes last week. I think some one deleted some of the logs to cover their rear! I insisted that they send me a letter to confirm this change. I should have a confirmation letter in 3 days. Verizon has 1 week, before I drop them all together.
    Your bill should show soemthing like this.
    • You WILL be billed for your Old Plan upto the date you added the New Plan starting from your billing cycle.
    • You will be billed with the PDATP Plan starting the day you got it upto the next billing cycle.
    • This means you will more than likely NOT see the savings until the 2nd billing cycle.
    The Bill statement that I included in the 1st post in this thread should show this exactly.

IF this is not what happened to you, then you got a bad VZW CSR

IF a VZW CSR states that the PDATP Plan you just switched to does NOT have Unlimited DATA, then this is what I suggest you do.
    • Go to your Verizon MyAccount page.
    • Go check your Current Balance and Usesage.
    • Go check your current Billing Statement if it is already available.

You should be able to see this on what i told you to check:
    • It should show your Kilobyte useage.
    • It should show how much you owe for KB useage (which should show as $0.00)
    • It should actually show like this in your Paper Bill (which can also be viewed in the VZW MyAccount Page):
      http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...8&d=1167255838
    UNL PDA 800 TXT 100 PIX $20
    $20 monthly access charge
    Unlimited monthly kilobyte
    800 monthly TXT Message allowance
    $.10 per message after allowance
    100 monthly PIX-FLIX allowance
    Notice that in your Bill it states Unlimited monthly kilobyte.
    This is the same thing that you get what you get the Standard Unlimited Data Plan from VZW.
    You can easily see this also from the Billing statement I included.
    And IF you have been using the standard Unlimited Data Plan, you should be familiar with it already.

PS:
    Please note that I update the very 1st post whenever we get new info.
    So please make sure to check the Very 1st post in this thread for the latest compiled updated info.
    Last edited by Kilim; 01/11/2007 at 01:50 PM.
    Tried several different customer service reps and while they could find the promo code, they said the system wouldn't allow them to add it to my account. As a matter of fact, they said that they couldn't even select it to add it to my account. So I guess this is the end then.
    That's what the first CSR I spoke to said, while the second one added w/ no problem in 5 minutes tops. Keep trying when you have free time to burn.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    I know it has been asked/covered a few times but has anyone had any luck on adding more SMS to their PDATP plan? Is there maybe a hidden or unadvertised package/plan to add to the 800 included in the PDATP? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetmann View Post
    I know it has been asked/covered a few times but has anyone had any luck on adding more SMS to their PDATP plan? Is there maybe a hidden or unadvertised package/plan to add to the 800 included in the PDATP? thanks
    I tried that last month ... the response I got (from a really friendly and helpful CSR) is that, because PDATP is technically a text messaging package, you can't add another to your plan. One plan, one text package. I'm not sure if this is really true, but I didn't want to press the issue because I didn't want to risk losing PDATP.
    does switching to this plan extend the contract?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    does switching to this plan extend the contract?
    Nope... it's not a plan, it's an add-on feature.
    I know it has been asked/covered a few times but has anyone had any luck on adding more SMS to their PDATP plan? Is there maybe a hidden or unadvertised package/plan to add to the 800 included in the PDATP plan?
    ok thanks i feel the same way...don't want to lose my PDATP plan just want more SMS...also sorry for the double post, my pc is acting up.

Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    I tried that last month ... the response I got (from a really friendly and helpful CSR) is that, because PDATP is technically a text messaging package, you can't add another to your plan. One plan, one text package. I'm not sure if this is really true, but I didn't want to press the issue because I didn't want to risk losing PDATP.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I from san diego when I called, i got a VW rep. out of washington state, she told me that this plan doesnt exist at least not for me! But i didnt have her check txt plans.
    I have a Motorola Q & I found this thread from someone over on qusers.com. I apologize if this has already been answered b/c I've not read all 8 pages. My question is if this plan is only regional & someone who has had it added moves out of the region to a different state & gets a new cell #, is the plan then deleted? Has anyone experienced this?

BTW, I'm envious of all you treo users. I wish I had ponied up the few extra bucks for one instead of going the cheap route...
    Most people who has been approved are from North East region, but not all were from the region. You just have to keep calling when you have free time to burn. I do suggest you to read all 8 pages if you do want to save some money.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Okay, so here's my story. I had the PDATP plan added a few weeks ago, due to start today since it would be the beginning of my billing cycle. Well, today I get up and have no data service. I called customer service and was told that the plan wouldn't work with my account since it is for corporate customers. So I had to have that plan removed and the regular plan re-added. It's so strange because I know others have gotten it and it works, and I thought that I did to, but I guess it wasn't meant to be!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treojennifer View Post
    Okay, so here's my story. I had the PDATP plan added a few weeks ago, due to start today since it would be the beginning of my billing cycle. Well, today I get up and have no data service. I called customer service and was told that the plan wouldn't work with my account since it is for corporate customers. So I had to have that plan removed and the regular plan re-added. It's so strange because I know others have gotten it and it works, and I thought that I did to, but I guess it wasn't meant to be!
    Some people have posted that this is fixed by doing the following:
    • Dial *228 on your Device
    • Press 2 for updates
    • Wait for all updates for your device to be downloaded and updated.

I guess it doesn't hurt to do this once a month to keep your device updated as well.

I think you should have tried the above 1st prior to canceling the plan.
    Some posters had the same issue and this fixed it for them.
    You could always try to have it re-enabled as it shows you had it before and if the updates doesn't fix it, then you can just cancel it again.
    Last edited by Kilim; 01/13/2007 at 11:04 AM.
    Something sounds fishy to me. I got PDATP in the middle of my billing cycle; it took effect immediately, and I received a credit for the unused $45 unlimited data for that month.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    does sound fishy.
    I got the same thing happen to me as jberman
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    Something sounds fishy to me. I got PDATP in the middle of my billing cycle; it took effect immediately, and I received a credit for the unused $45 unlimited data for that month.
    They offered me the same thing. The mistake was waiting for it to be added later, I wanted it added that moment because this thing is so hit-or-miss.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Approved with the PDATP Plan.

* When did you get approved?
    Jan 13, 2007
    * Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    as in billing zip code? Buffalo, NY
    * Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    regular
    * Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    no
    * Other info you would like to share.
    CSR said she had to keep going back to delete stuff, per instructions/requirements in the system, but it only took 12 minutes total. (treo 700p call log says 11 minutes, 55 seconds!)
    Deleting the unlimited data that came with Unlimited Smartphone/pda Core Choice required removing KBUUE (which I think someone mentioned) and I also heard her mention something about National Access to herself, but couldn't tell if she was deleting it or just reading off what should be left.

CSR gave me a choice, I opted to future-date the add-on/removal for my next billing cycle, starting January 27th. I guess I saw it as playing it safe, keeping it simple as possible, seeing as how I just got my phone yesterday and read about this option today, but wow it'd be so great to save $20/mo. for two years. I'll post back on the 28th or so and then again in February if all goes well and this thread is still going.

If possible please add:
    * Email or Contact Info of your Verizon Wireless CSR.
    Judy, 3165
    I added the PDATP plan to my account today, no issue. I live in NJ. I then switched from the Core Choice Plan of $79.99/month (39.99 + 40/data) to the America's Choice 450 plan since I didn't need the $40 data feature of the Core CHoice plan anymore because of PDATP. Well, doing that switch from Core Choice to AMerica's choice lost me my data access on the phone. #228 did not help since I tried it about 10 times for nearly half the day with no luck. Even hard reset. Still would not connect to data.

Well long story short, I was on the phone with data technical services in Rochester for the next 3 hours trying to get my data access back. I asked them to undo everything to my account and then it finally got to work.

They told me that the PDATP has been causing such a stink at VZW since it is supposed to be a corporate plan feature and unless you had a corporate tie in to your individual account, individual accounts without such corporate tie are not supposed to be "allowed" to get the PDATP. He also said (for what it's worth, probably not much) that the programmers there are working to go through all of the accounts to make sure that the PDATP is tied to a corporate account and if it's not, then they will automatically switch to the 44.99 plan. Maybe a lot of talk, whatever, thought I'd share. Yet another example where one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

In any event, I had added the PDATP to my wife's phone (separate # and account) last week, so at least one of us has it. Hopefully, what the guy told me doesn't happen or he was lying to me. We'll see.
    Just called yet again, and tried to add the plan. I was told by the CSR that that is a NorthEast region promotion code and since I am in the Midwest region I couldn't have the feature added to my plan. He said even if he wanted to he couldn't add it because he doesn't have access to that code in his computer for the Midwest region.

Somehow I believe him, seemed pretty genuine.