Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    The only problem with the VZW CSR statement there is this.
    We already have some people outside the NE (NJ, NY, CT, MA,etc) areas get the plan just recently.
    They are just giving us conflicting statements each time.
    Some CSR are stating 1 thing while another user post getting approved for the plan disproving what the CSR has said.

We just need more info still IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Denied (several times):

The PDATP plan is only available in our most northeastern markets, New Jersey and northward....... There is no such equivalent plan in any of the other areas including the Carolinas region.

I guess Indiana is considered part of the northeastern markets now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    Porsche, above, was approved in the Indianapolis area.
    That is cool... I don't know about a Porsche being built or approved in Indianapolis... I can only tell you what the rep told me. I'm not happy about it, but I tried multiple times with different people and got the same results.

Might be because my account is in SC, I dunno.

Does not matter at this point anyway, I’m going to get the Treo 700p or 700wx with sprint later this week under the sero plan. Unlimited data, 500 minutes (free roaming on verizon – both data and voice) for $30 a month; I only need the data part since I will keep my verizon plan, which is not out of contract until July 07. At that point I’ll decide to keep verizon or switch to sprint. Although, I don’t like the idea of a pda being my only phone.

Yea, I know data roaming is only 1x on verizon, but I only need email. Heck, I’ve been using qnc (14.4 connection) all these years without any issues. But now, even that has been unstable for me for about six months (really over year and a half since my palm TX cannot connect via BT to my e815).

But many might have to ask... is it worth $30, when you can go $10 more and get verizon or fight for $10 less ($19 plan) on verizon and risk getting an audit (although, I doubt if there would be an audit, unless your account was flagged for some reason).
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    But many might have to ask... is it worth $30, when you can go $10 more and get verizon or fight for $10 less ($19 plan) on verizon and risk getting an audit (although, I doubt if there would be an audit, unless your account was flagged for some reason).
    Ironically, when I signed up for PDATP, the CSR essentially did an audit of the rest of the features on my plan and said that everything was legit.

It'll be very interesting to see if we get any more reports of successful PDATP signups now that, apparently, a memo has gone out to all the CSRs telling them not to add it to personal accounts.
    Last edited by jberman; 01/10/2007 at 02:08 PM.
    I just tried again today - thought I was going to finally win the battle.

The CSR found the plan told me it was only 800 Text messages and 100 Picture message. I asked about any PDA data and he looked again, put me on hold and came back and said this was a grandfathered plan that he could not add to my account.

I'll try again tomorrow!
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Approved with the PDATP Plan and:
    When did you get approved? 1/10/07
    Where are you located as per your Verizon contract? NYC
    Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account? Personal
    Do you have a FamilyShare Plan? Yes, I'm on a family share plan.
    Other info you would like to share. I lucked out, got a very friendly CSR and was all set up for both my wife and I in less then 10 minutes (from the time I dialed till I hung up). Since I have 2 Treos on my plan, this is a savings of $50 a month - wow!

If possible please add:
    Email or Contact Info of your Verizon Wireless CSR. Thomas. I called around 4pm eastern time.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    That is cool... I don't know about a Porsche being built or approved in Indianapolis... I can only tell you what the rep told me. I'm not happy about it, but I tried multiple times with different people and got the same results.

Might be because my account is in SC, I dunno.

Does not matter at this point anyway, I’m going to get the Treo 700p or 700wx with sprint later this week under the sero plan. Unlimited data, 500 minutes (free roaming on verizon – both data and voice) for $30 a month; I only need the data part since I will keep my verizon plan, which is not out of contract until July 07. At that point I’ll decide to keep verizon or switch to sprint. Although, I don’t like the idea of a pda being my only phone.

Yea, I know data roaming is only 1x on verizon, but I only need email. Heck, I’ve been using qnc (14.4 connection) all these years without any issues. But now, even that has been unstable for me for about six months (really over year and a half since my palm TX cannot connect via BT to my e815).

I thought SERO expired on 12/31/06.

Edit:: My bad, it's still on. GL.
    Last edited by ACHlLLES; 01/10/2007 at 04:02 PM.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jberman View Post
    Ironically, when I signed up for PDATP, the CSR essentially did an audit of the rest of the features on my plan and said that everything was legit.

It'll be very interesting to see if we get any more reports of successful PDATP signups now that, apparently, a memo has gone out to all the CSRs telling them not to add it to personal accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    Other info you would like to share. I lucked out, got a very friendly CSR and was all set up for both my wife and I in less then 10 minutes (from the time I dialed till I hung up). Since I have 2 Treos on my plan, this is a savings of $50 a month - wow!

If possible please add:
    Email or Contact Info of your Verizon Wireless CSR. Thomas. I called around 4pm eastern time.
    This just proves that 1 CSR can say 1 thing while another does another.
    There are just way too many contradicttions made by VZW that we cannot even figure out what is real and what is not.

For now, this just proves we can still get the PDATP Plan if you are lucky and get the right VZW CSR.
    * What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    Information about this plan was inadvertently revealed to public on a "negotiated corporate" plan, and is not available for personal accounts
    * Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    Rochester, NY
    * Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular, with corporate discount (processed today, may not yet appear on account)
    * Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

-- Colonel Panic
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post

If possible please add:

You give me hope that my persistence in calling every day will soon pay off.
    Thanks,

Mark

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Does anyone have a numerical code for this plan? I'm on the west coast and they tell me to either get someone's phone number that has the plan or to get a numerical code because all codes in the SoCal area are numerical and not alphabetical.

Thanks!
    I don't think there is a numerical code. I asked several times from several CSRs and they all said it was just the letters. One of them told me that some regions use letters and others use numbers. That makes me think this really is available only in certain parts of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    This just proves that 1 CSR can say 1 thing while another does another.
    There are just way too many contradicttions made by VZW that we cannot even figure out what is real and what is not.

What is real and what is not?

That was funny.... I think we all know what is real... what is real, is some people getting real lucky and saving some cash. I think from the first post, everyone knew this plan was "too good to be true." But I guess we can all use whatever "real" moral compass we want to make it right… in our minds, at least....

ahh.... another day.... wonder how many times I can call to find that csr that might hook up my account.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Approved with thePDATP plan

When did you get approved?
    January 11 around 9am eastern

Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    Macomb, Michigan

Do you have a regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular non-business account.

Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

Other info you would like to share.
    Had to call to times. First CSR said couldn't find it. Second time the CSR tried to say that it wasn't unlimited data.
    Almost got the plan, the CSR actually found it, and was adding it, but at the last minute, she put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said that they actually don't offer that plan anymore and the only other plan with unlimited data was the $44.95 plan. So close, yet so far away!
    I called again this morning. CSR found it, said it was grandfathered and is working right now as she put it "to get around" the fact that it is grandfathered. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks,

Mark

My plan should be switching over tomorrow as the CSR who set me up had it start on the first day of my billing cycle. I'm crossing my fingers that everything will be correct!
    Well, I got the call back from the CSR and was told I could not have the plan added as it was an old plan that people who had it could keep, but could not be added.

Tomorrow's another day.
    Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Keith P View Post

When did you get approved? 01/05/07

Where are you located as per your Verizon contract? Long Island, NY

Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account? Regular

Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

Other info you would like to share.
    I called 611 and was told the plan is no longer available. I was then transferred to the data dept. I insisted I wanted the plan and the data rep then added it. Took about 10 minutes tho.
    UPDATE:

I got my bill. They charged me for BOTH the PDATP and The UNL DATA. They said that I am not eligle for PDATP since I'm not on a corporate account. So they didn't remove the UNL DATA. I asked to have the UNL DATA removed, they said they will have to remove the PDATP too! When I got angery, all they could say is that "I WAS MISS INFORMED".

My contract is up in Feb. I will be switching to a new carrier in the next few weeks.

UPDATE (TAKE II):

Called back. I was furious! The next CSR was able to remove the UNL DATA (AKA: KBUUE ?) and add the PDATP. She said that they never made the changes last week. I think some one deleted some of the logs to cover their rear! I insisted that they send me a letter to confirm this change. I should have a confirmation letter in 3 days. Verizon has 1 week, before I drop them all together.
    Last edited by Keith P; 01/11/2007 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith P View Post
    I got my bill. They charged me for BOTH the PDATP and The UNL DATA.
    My first bill got a partial charge for the part of the billing cycle on UNL DATA, and a partial charge for the part on PDATP. Maybe that's what happened?

I do find it odd, though, that you didn't get a confirmation letter automatically the first time you made the change. I received one after a couple of days. Maybe they didn't make the change to your plan the first time after all.....
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast