Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
    Finally talked to someone in data technical support and they acknowledged the fact that the PDATP plan actually exists. Agent I spoke with said it was the 800 Text Messages and 100 PIX messages for $20 per month, but WAS NOT unlimited Data.

I would like to see someones bill after a month of usage to confirm that the data is also included.
    NONE of the VZW Data Plan is TRUELY "UNLIMITED".
    Just read the fine print I reposted from their TOS at the top of page 5 of this thread and the OP I made.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=81

And I already posted a Screenshot of my bill before also in the OP.

When you check your VZW My Account page and looked at your paper bill.
    It should state "Unlimited Kilobyte".
    Of course all this has been stated in the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR447 View Post
    Where are you located?
    I am located north of Boston in Massachusetts. I also tried the local VZW store and got no where.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    Just keep trying when you have free time on your hand. You have not much to lose except you can save money. When I called in, I mentioned about my imaginary friend who had the plan, and would like to save few bucks as plan existed. It worked after few tries. Keep trying! and good luck.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Received my first bill yesterday under the PDATP plan. I can definitely confirm that it includes unlimited data. I'm attaching a copy of the bill in case it helps anyone. Note that I changed to PDATP on the second day of my billing cycle so the bill shows a partial charge under the old $45/month data plan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    When did you get approved? 1/7/07
    Where are you located as per your Verizon contract? Indianapolis, IN
    Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account? Regular
    Do you have a FamilyShare Plan? Yes
    Other info you would like to share:
    Called yesterday and they tried to tell me that I needed to carry the $44.95 plan AND this one for umlimited data. They said that this plan was basically just text/pix messaging on a PDA. I told them No Thanks. Today, I called back and added the plan and dropped the other PDA plan.

Thanks for the info. Awesome Deal!!!
    Denied the PDATP Plan:

* What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan? Could not locate in system
    * Where are you located as per your Verizon contract? Chicago
    * Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account? Regular
    * Do you have a FamilyShare Plan? Nuh-uh.
    * Other info you would like to share.
    Rep's name was Stacey this time and she was absolutely no help. I gave her the code but she seemed intent on searching by price only. I told her I had met someone at a convention so I only knew his first name but the plan came up in coversation. This is my second denial and I've gotten the same treatment twice.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    DENIED
    jan 7th around 9pm.

* Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    macon, GA.

* Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular non-business account.

* Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    Yes. AMERICA'S CHOICE FAMILYSHARE PRIMARY 2100

This may have been said already, but I believe PDATP is classified as an "optional text messaging feature," not a data plan, so it may help to mention this when speaking to your CSR.
    Last edited by jberman; 01/08/2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Clarification.
    Wow - They are really playing hardball with me. I tried again this morning with one of the .jpg copies of the bills open on my computer to reference. I was told that this was an old feature plan that they could not offer to me, I asked for a supervisor and got nowhere with them either.

I will be perisistent and keep trying. But this is getting frustrating.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    One other point: The 2nd. CSR that I spoke to could not find the option. She said "Well let me try just adding "PDATP" and see what it shows." This worked. It is literally the feature code that the CSR types in...probably already stated in other messages, but thought it might help to clarify.
    Denied the PDATP Plan and:

* What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    She said they don't offer the plan anymore.

* Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    Rapid City, SD

* Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular

* Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    Yes.

Had to call 3 times to get this far, but I'm not giving up yet.
    I'm not sure if this would help.

Exact description on my letter from Verizon reads as following.

Feature Description

Unl Pda 800 Txt 100 Pix

Love both
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    I'm not sure if this would help.

Exact description on my letter from Verizon reads as following.

Feature Description

Unl Pda 800 Txt 100 Pix
    Yeah, given them that, and they just keep repeating to me the 44.95 plan and that's all they offer. I've called about 10 times now and only 1 CSR found it, and that report is above.
    Denied the PDATP Plan:

January 8, 2007 @ 6:30p

DE phone number w/ Baltimore, MD mailing address.

What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    No because I have a family share plan

Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    3 lines @ 18 months
    1 line w/ new Treo 700w just renewed

Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    regular

Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    yes

Other info you would like to share:
    Tried calling 611 and 800-735-7744 (Data tech svcs said this was the continuity services dept.)

called three times. first two I was told no because I have a family share plan. the third time I called the CSR stated that she remembered just getting a notice about this plan today! She looked it up and read most aloud as she was skimming through.

Her notice said "The PDATP plan had been posted on a blog and customers are calling in to change to the plan. This feature is NOT a consumer feature it is for specific corporate accounts only. (of course she did not mention which ones...) She was unable to change my plan because i could not verify with which company I was affiliated.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrichton View Post
    Her notice said "The PDATP plan had been posted on a blog and customers are calling in to change to the plan. This feature is NOT a consumer feature it is for specific corporate accounts only. (of course she did not mention which ones...) She was unable to change my plan because i could not verify with which company I was affiliated.
    Hrmm, I wonder if this is the begining of the end? Think those of us that have it will be grandfathered if they completely get rid of it? Or offer us a lesser Evdo service (scale back the speeds)?
    Quote Originally Posted by chrichton View Post
    That was essentially the same story I got when I called to sign up for PDATP over a month ago. However, the CSR (who was great) spoke to someone in their corporate division and determined that, while PDATP was originally offered as a corporate plan, apparently there was no reason why it couldn't be added to my personal account, so he did. Maybe Verizon is closing the loophole.
    I think it also heavily depend on how you talk to the CSR.

Love both
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    also depends a lot on where you are in the country. any news on anyone getting this outside of the northeast?
    Denied (several times):

The PDATP plan is only available in our most northeastern markets, New Jersey and northward. The PDATP plan is intended for corporate accounts in the Northeast that have over 100 lines and is not intended to be offered as a rate plan to the general public.

Accounts that have had the PDATP feature added but do not meet the 100 line requirement will likely have the feature removed after a routine audit. There is no such equivalent plan in any of the other areas including the Carolinas region.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    The PDATP plan is only available in our most northeastern markets, New Jersey and northward. The PDATP plan is intended for corporate accounts in the Northeast that have over 100 lines and is not intended to be offered as a rate plan to the general public.
    Porsche, above, was approved in the Indianapolis area.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast