Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    You are right in that Kilim posted her/his bill. S/he doesn't use much data though. I would like to read experiences from heavy data and pdanet users.
    I hope this helps when it comes to Data useage for VZW Customers.

Below is the link in the exact VZW Terms of Service for EVERYONE in their network!
    It does NOT matter if you are in the PDATP Plan or the Standard "Unlimited" Data Plan as they BOTH use the same Data Service.
    (Technically speaking, you are not even suppose to use SlingBox or PDAnet or other "Prohibited Uses" with the VZW Data Plans I believe, correct me if I am wrong)

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...Id=4&catId=448

UNLIMITED DATA PLANS AND FEATURES

Unlimited Data Plans and Features (such as NationalAccess, BroadbandAccess, GlobalAccess, Push to Talk, and certain VZEmail services) may ONLY be used with wireless devices for the following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email, and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force, and field service automation). The Unlimited Data Plans and Features MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (ii) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (iii) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses, continuously for one hour, could typically use 100 to 200 MBs, or, if engaged in prohibited uses for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week, could use more than 5 GBs in a month.

For individual use only and not for resale. We reserve the right to protect our network from harm, which may impact legitimate data flows. We reserve the right to limit throughput or amount of data transferred, and to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone we believe is using an Unlimited Data Plan or Feature in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. Anyone using more than 5 GB per line in a given month is presumed to be using the service in a manner prohibited above, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate the service of any such person without notice. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

Data sessions automatically terminate after 24 hours of activity. Data session is inactive when no data is being transferred. Data session may seem inactive while data is actively being transferred to device, or may seem active when it is actually cached and not transferring data. You MUST press or click END or DISCONNECT button to ensure that session disconnects and charges cease. Thirdparty applications may automatically reinitiate data sessions without you pressing or clicking SEND or CONNECT button. For the Palm® TreoTM 650, the only way to disconnect your data session is to press the home key until you see “All” or “System,” then select the “Prefs” icon, then select “Network” from the drop-down list, and then “Disconnect.” You may be able to send or receive voice calls when your data session is inactive. When this occurs, charges apply simultaneously for voice calls in accordance with your Calling Plan. You are responsible for maintaining virus protection when accessing service.

Unlimited PDA/smartphone and BlackBerry® Plans: These VZEmail plans cannot be used: (1) for access to the Internet, intranets, or other data networks except as the device’s native applications and capabilities permit, unless you subscribe to BroadbandAccess Connect; or (2) for any applications that tether your device to laptops or personal computers other than for use of the Wireless Sync or the BlackBerry solution, unless you subscribe to BroadbandAccess Connect.

PDA/smartphone and BlackBerry Megabyte Features: Megabyte allowance and charges for kilobytes over the monthly allowance apply to 1xRTT and EV-DO data sessions, which are rounded to next full kilobyte at end of each billing cycle. Only total of kilobytes transmitted above allowance each billing cycle may appear on bill. You are responsible for all charges, including all data sent and received and “overhead” whether or not you or your recipients actually receive the data. Overhead is all data that is in addition to user-transmitted data, such as control, operational and routing instructions, error-checking characters as well as retransmissions of user-data messages that are received in error. Any unused portion of the megabyte allowance is lost.

Wireless Sync: Compatible wireless device required. The monthly allowance applies only to 1xRTT and EV-DO data transmissions, not to voice or other (Quick 2 Net or dial-up) data transmissions. When traveling outside of the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, you may be charged at the “other data” rate for data calls. Customers with devices that support Quick 2 Net service will be billed minutes of use or “other data” rate according to their Calling Plan. In order to use Wireless Sync, your PC Monitor or Wireless Sync Enterprise Server must be on and in a condition to receive your corporate email. Wireless Sync software updates will be sent to your device and will be charged as a data call.

The BlackBerry Solution from Verizon Wireless: The wireless data capability of the BlackBerry device functions only within the National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area. Verizon Wireless NationalAccess service is not available with the BlackBerry solution. With the BlackBerry solution, the first 2 kilobytes (KB) of each email are initially received on the BlackBerry device and you can simply request to receive additional 2KB increments. Some email attachments (Microsoft® Office Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Corel® WordPerfect®, Adobe® PDF, and ASCII text) are delivered to the BlackBerry device when requested by the end user. ZIP file browsing is available with BlackBerry Device Software v3.7. With BlackBerry Device Software v4.0, an HTML Internet browser has been added to the service in addition to full wireless PIM (Calendar, Contacts, Notes&Tasks) synchronization when using the BlackBerry device with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.TM Graphics in emails and attachments are not delivered to the BlackBerry device. When the BlackBerry device reaches its memory storage capacity, email stored on the device will automatically be deleted from it, starting with the oldest emails first. BlackBerry Desktop Software using BlackBerry Desktop Redirector only supports Microsoft Exchange environments. Up to ten POP3/IMAP and ISP email accounts are supported through use of the BlackBerry Internet Service.TM

Verizon Wireless Calling Plans, Rate and Coverage Areas, rates, agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and policies are subject to change as specified in the Customer Agreement.

Last Update 12/26/06
    Also.
    Someone posted about using SlingBox at an extended amount of time without having issues here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...00&postcount=3

Summary:

IF you are using your PDAPhone/Blackberry Device w/ ANY Data Plan:

Standard/Normal use = No NEED to worry about going over the Data Limit.
    (Most of the time and unless you reach the 5GB*, when you should get a Warning Letter and 10GB* mark, when you get your Service terminated by VZW.)

SlingBox/PDAnet/Other "Prohibited Uses" = Technically, you are not suppose to use ANY of these and VZW is allowed to terminate your service if they find out you are using these services.
    See TOS linked above for allowed and prohibited uses.
    You "may" get a warning letter when you reach the 5GB* Data mark and a possible termination of your service at the 10GB* Data Mark.

* = Please note the Data Limit is not "Official".
    It is just what other posters have stated in various web forums when they got a Warning letter from VZW or have their Services terminated for over-use of their "Unlimited" Data Service.
    Also please note that you do NOT get a Termination Fee when you have your VZW Service Terminated by VZW for exceeding their "Unlimited" Data allowance.

Data Useage & Service with the PDATP Plan vs the Standard "Unlimited" Data Plan are the same!

As for PDANET working with the PDATP Plan.
    It should work the same as nothing has changed except having a cheaper bill for using the same Data Service.

VZW's "Unlimited" Data is NOT "Unlimited"!
    VZW's "Unlimited" Data is actually LIMITED!

I hope you get what I am trying to say here.
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/31/2006 at 05:14 PM.
    Just got off the phone with Verizon Wireless...the CSR that i spoke with never heard of this plan and neither has her supervisor. She is supposed to be checking though and get back with me She did mention not sure if this plan is available to me since I am on a GSA(goverment service agreement). Is anyone who was able to get this plan on a GSA?
    I also got two CSRs who could not find the PDATP plan. I will be persistent and keep calling until I find one can add it.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated on how to get through and have this changed.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    I threw down a line about how my sysadmin told me to ask for the code 'PDATP'.

I have a corporate discount on my line, so I used that as additional leverage to convince him that this (very personal) line is somehow associated with my work
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Please add the info we are asking for in the OP.
    This is so we can compile as much info as possible
    What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    She said she could not find the plan.

Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    in Michigan

Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    corporate account GSA

Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

Other info you would like to share.
    Oh, and I was told to email vzwfederal.accounts@****** (not sure if I am to put the email address in?) and ask for this plan...which I have done, have not received anything back yet.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Sorry, but I have to ask. I know this is a 700w thread, but can I get this plan if I am on a 700P? Thanks!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    Sorry, but I have to ask. I know this is a 700w thread, but can I get this plan if I am on a 700P? Thanks!
    Yes, I had a 700p at the time of activation.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    You can have this if you NEED Unlimited Data w/ your VZW Device.
    I already posted a link to this thread in the CDMA-NA forum as well.
    I just made this thread here as I didn't realize there is a CDMA-NA forum 1st and that forum is not very populated anyways.

As for Government contracts.
    Not sure as this is the 1st time anyone w/ a GSA account has posted anything about htis.
    Hopefully soemone with a GSA Account will try and succeed so we can see hpow it goes.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Denied the PDATP Plan:

* What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    2 calls, both said that the plan is not offered in this region.

* Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    So. Cal. (Ventura County)

* Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular with 20% discount through my employer

* Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

* Other info you would like to share.
    First rep simply said "no it's not here"- end of story, so I hung up and called back. Second rep was really good/nice- she looked for it but the option codes in this region are numbers not letters so she couldn't go by "PDATP". I really think that she would have gotten me it if she could. She was really nice and I told her I was trying to save a little $$$. She made a couple other tweaks on my account that should save me a little. So I think that if it was there she would have given it to me.

So we've determined that this is a region-specific thing. But, is it something that they are in the process of rolling out or killing? IE is the northeast the first or last market with this?
    I have tried unsuccessfully three times to have this plan added to my account in the Boston area.

I even have a contract that expires in two weeks and could not get them to give it to me. I tried arguing that their single line bundled plans only add $30 per month for unlimited data, but on a family share plan it is $45 to see if I could get it down to the $30 bucks as I don't use many text or pix messages.

Any help would be appreciated as my corporate is moving to Cingular and I need to justify my cost structure to stay on VZW. Only positive of moving is getting a new toy to use on the network.
    Thanks,

Mark

Try Sprint and see what they have to offer?

Sprint is always cheaper than verizon.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Sprint may be cheaper however they may actually want to have coverage

Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    Try Sprint and see what they have to offer?

Sprint is always cheaper than verizon.
    Approved with the PDATP Plan and:

When did you get approved? 01/05/07

Where are you located as per your Verizon contract? Long Island, NY

Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account? Regular

No

I called 611 and was told the plan is no longer available. I was then transferred to the data dept. I insisted I wanted the plan and the data rep then added it. Took about 10 minutes tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetmann View Post
    Sprint may be cheaper however they may actually want to have coverage
    I see. Both offer about same coverage in my area, however, Sprint charges about 30/mo less than Verizon does.

SERO 30/mo (500min phone, unlimited data)

Verizon PDATP 40+20=60/mo (450min phone, unlimited data, 800text, 100 pics)

Love both
    Finally talked to someone in data technical support and they acknowledged the fact that the PDATP plan actually exists. Agent I spoke with said it was the 800 Text Messages and 100 PIX messages for $20 per month, but WAS NOT unlimited Data.

I would like to see someones bill after a month of usage to confirm that the data is also included.
    Thanks,

Mark

one who posted already has confirmed this matter. read prior pages on his bill.

Love both
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
    Finally talked to someone in data technical support and they acknowledged the fact that the PDATP plan actually exists. Agent I spoke with said it was the 800 Text Messages and 100 PIX messages for $20 per month, but WAS NOT unlimited Data.

I would like to see someones bill after a month of usage to confirm that the data is also included.
    Where are you located?
    Approved with the PDATP Plan and:

When did you get approved? 01/05/07

Where are you located as per your Verizon contract? Lansing, MI

Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account? Corporate GSA

No

Took 5 calls, but finally a CSR found it, added it to my acct. I asked and she confirmed it IS Unlimited data, 800 txt and 100 pix.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast