Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    When did you get approved?
    12/29/2006

Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    White Lake, MI

Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Not sure - bill paid by company (I'm the first at my company to use Verizon, everyone else will in time. Not sure how they set it up)

Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

That was easy! It only took about 15 minutes on the phone. It was funny though, she tried to scare me by saying they had to take certain things off of my account to add this. It's all good!
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    I agree with robdam, if you can get it, enjoy it while you can. There rest of us can switch to Sprint and stay on the same VZW network for $15/month. Hey, that's $5 less than PDATP!
    My wife is/will be enjoying SERO by Sprint = Network is free. She signed up for 30bucks a month plan btw. I could've done more research and went for Sprint 700WX w/ SERO. I'm saving some money off PDATP, but not even close to SERO plan. I'm going to fedex to pick up the 700WX tomo!
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    You say to mention: • Talk to Verizon CSR about the PDATP Plan. 2, 3

What is 2,3 please?

Also, all 3 rep's asked me where I got the code from to which I replied my co-worker. They asked for my co-workers phone # so they could look up what was added. I wouldn't give the # out - obviously.
    Those are markers for the footnotes I added.
    same thing as the * asterisk you see in fine print.

And I am definitely going to enjoy the savings.
    Any savings is good savings

Trust me, I debated for a whole week on switching to Sprint as they already have the 700wx and they do have some great deals!
    I REALLY wanted the 700wx but decided to stay with VZW for these reasons:
    • VZW network coverage is better where I am compared to Sprint.
      (MOST Important reason! Pointless to be able to save money when you cannot get the service you want. )
    • With my and my wife's needs, its cheaper to be with Verizon.
    • Employee discount is better w/ VZW than Sprint
    • EVERYONE I know are in VZW.

So agreed that you should go for what works for you best

Right now I am hoping that the 700wx does get released next month and that I can figure out a good way to get it and get rid of my 700w.
    Denied the PDATP Plan:

What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    Could not find in system.
    Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    Chicago
    Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular
    No
    Other info you would like to share.
    She told me that she couldn't find it and it may have been a special
    promotion. I told her my cousin had it and gave her all of the specifics.
    She couldn't find it under "data" or "text" in her system. She told me to
    make sure my cousin has the same phone I do. I assured her he did but
    she was of no help. I'll try again later.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Can you call in on the weekends or is this a M-F thing?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post
    Can you call in on the weekends or is this a M-F thing?
    As per the VZW website:

Phone Numbers
    Customer Service

Dial *611 from your cell phone
    (800) 922-0204
    Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

Emergency Service Hours
    Monday-Sunday 11pm-6am

TTY - (877) 899-8891
    Monday-Friday 9am-6pm(EST)
    Denied the PDATP Plan and:

* What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    Couldn't find it in the system.

* Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    San Francisco

* Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular

* Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No

* Other info you would like to share.
    CSR was very friendly but said that he just didn't see it in the system. I told him a friend of mine had it and he said if I had that person's phone # then he could look it up in their package (interesting). I said I didn't have the number but that the friend was in the Northeast USA. He switched over to that area but still couldn't find the plan and explained that he might not have been looking in the right place as he was a west coast rep.

Oh well.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Approved with the PDATP Plan and:

When did you get approved? 12/29 & 12/30 (see below for reason for 2 dates)

Where are you located as per your Verizon contract? Northern NJ

Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account? Regular (but with a corporate 20% data and 15% voice discount)

Yes, 2 Treo 700w's, both with unlimited data

Other info you would like to share.
    Originally Called (800) 922-0204 (12/29) and was told that this plan is no longer available, they acknowledged the plan exisited and said it was a plan that was only offered in Q1 of 2005 and was no longer available and they were going to note my account that it was no longer available.

Called back 2 minutes later on my cell with 611, got a rep who never heard of the plan but was happy to look it up. She said she was able to find it, but wanted to do some more research on it and asked if she could call me back later that evening.. I said OK.. she called back.. said she has no information on it, but its in the system, so she will add it to both my Treo's (and remove the 2000 PDA SMS allowance). For some reason she was unable to add it on the "shared" ($9.99) phone account, so I had to call back today.. they pulled my records and said they had to get someone else to fix it.. which they did, and now its on the other account too. The women also said she would note my account to followup on the next billing cycle, just in case the plan does not do what its supposed to do (unlimted data) and then they would switch it back and credit me the difference.
    Last edited by jbiz; 12/30/2006 at 03:27 PM. Reason: formatting
    Ns
    Last edited by RichTJ99; 01/15/2007 at 09:59 AM.
    BTW, my data now doesnt work? I get the 777 connect error message?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it. I fully expect it to work, but I did want to note that the CSR specifically mentioned it.

As for me, I could not connect to the web after I had the account change done. This always happens to me whenever I've made a change to a data component of my plan. I'm not happy about it, but I'm used to it. After 45 minutes with their data support staff, everything was working fine.

We'll see what the bill looks like in a month.
    BTW, i rebooted my phone & my data doesnt work. Is that normal?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    would someone with the PDATP plan please PM me there cell phone number so the rep can see what this is. I have tried twice and can't get it. I could use the extre $$. thanks
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    FYI to Rich. the EVDO has been going on and off all day today here in Boston.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    BTW, i rebooted my phone & my data doesnt work. Is that normal?
    I dont know if it matters, but they told me to do a *228 and option 2 after to make sure the phone gets updated with the new features.. both reps told me this..
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    BTW, my data now doesnt work? I get the 777 connect error message?
    I had no connection problems since the second I switched to the PDATP Plan.
    (I was actually using my 700w while checking some stuff on the net when talking to teh VZW CSR to switch to the PDATP Plan.)
    So I do not think your data connection acting out after switching is normal.

The VZW CSR did state that every now and then I should dial *228 and option 2 on my cell phone to get the latest updates installed.
    Come to think of it, I belive I applied the online update after I got the PDATP Plan.

Worst case scenario, contact VZW about your problem and they should either fix it or give you a new phone.
    (Or tell you there is a problem in your area at the time.)
    Thanks guys! The *228 did it for me!
    Even though I doubt I can get it in Colorado (tried once), I have a few questions/requests:

1. Will someone with the new PDATP plan please confirm that pdanet works as before? I don't use my 700w as a modem often but I like having it as a backup in case there is no wifi around.

2. Have any of you completed a billing cycle with this plan? If so, how does it appear? How much data did you use?

I get a 20% discount on data but I woudn't mind saving $16/month by pursuing this further.
    Not sure about #1, but #2 you just have to read prior pages.

Love both
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    Not sure about #1, but #2 you just have to read prior pages.
    You are right in that Kilim posted her/his bill. S/he doesn't use much data though. I would like to read experiences from heavy data and pdanet users.
    I was considering using PDANET. I mean I'm like you, I don't need it, but it's nice to have it for 30 bucks or so, but Verizon tells me I have to do software update via *228 (I'm still not sure what this does) atleast once a month and didn't want to waste 30 bucks on PDANET if it stops working after those so called updates.

Here's my data usage :KB Usage: 1017126.87 KB

Balance still shows 0.00, and I doubt if it will change.

Love both
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast