Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    Let me rephrase the question. If I get the Sprint w/ 39.99 plus 15 unlimited plan in NY area would it be worth it? I'm thinking about getting my wife a Treo, but I am some what worried that if I go w/ sprint w/ second Treo, there's a chance I won't get the PDATP plan. Will there be huge difference in speed in broadband network wise? Thanks.
    Sprint and Verizon uses the same Technology.
    They both use CDMA and EVDO for their broadband.

Like I said before.
    IF you go Sprint, the Data Roaming with VZW Network will only get you the slower 1x RTT connection and not the speedier EVDO COnnection.
    It all depends on where you live and how good is Sprint covering that area.
    IF You have good Sprint Coverage that has EVDO in it, then you are good to go.
    BUT if you do not have good Sprint EVDO Coverage in where you are, then you will ONLY be able to access 1x RTT with VZW Data Roaming.

Of course if you are with VZW and where you live does not have good VZW Coverage you are SOL also.

It all depends on what Coverage you have in the areas you will be using it in.
    There are some areas that VZW are better and others where Sprint is better.

Go ask around your area on how the 2 companies service treats them and how their coverage are so you can decide which is best for you.
    with sprint you can get the SERO plan.

500 minutes
    unlimited mobile to mobile
    free long distance
    free roaming
    unlimited EVDO
    100 txt messages
    free nights and weekends
    free picturemail

for $30.

more about it here. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=sero
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    SERO looks great plan wise. I'll do some research, but the link Kilin gave me asks for email address of an employee. How would I go around and get this? Thanks.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    SERO looks great plan wise. I'll do some research, but the link Kilin gave me asks for email address of an employee. How would I go around and get this? Thanks.
    Foudn this in that thread he linked here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=sero[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    unless they changed this you don't need an employee emial address - you can use openaccess2@sprint.com
    I heard also that some Sprint Salesman will probably be able to hook it up for you when you start a new Sprint account with them at their stores.

Like I said before, I almost switched to Sprint as they already have the 700wx and cheaper Plan.
    But then I found the PDATP Plan and it was cheaper for me and my wife to stay with Verizon than move to Sprint with my Discount and all.
    And also in my area VZW is better.

So check out your area and see which is better for you

Please note that it may be hard to have Sprint to take VZW phones and vice-versa.
    i did it over the phone. they never asked me for a sprint employee's email address. you can always go into a sprint store and grab a business card. they usually have someone's email printed on them.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    I see. I was also able to google some email addresses that worked on the link. Thanks for the information again. Oh one more thing. Does anyone have any idea when it will expire? My wife's stinking t-mobile contract expires in Feb 07. Should I wait it out? or just eat up around 100 bucks(have 2 lines) and go w/ contract now?

I just decided go w/ the plan. I'd rather eat up 100 bucks then miss out on 30 bucks a month deal which will save more at the end. The offer ends 12/31/06 BTW. Thanks again for info guys. Killim, I definately owe you a meal lol.
    Last edited by ACHlLLES; 12/27/2006 at 10:29 PM.

Love both
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    DISAPPROVED with the PDATP Plan and:

* When did you get DISapproved?
    December 29th, 2006 at 10:12am

* Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    farmington, CT

* Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular non-business account.

* Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    Yes = 2100

* Other info you would like to share.
    I spoke with 3 reps, the last rep said that the promo was from March 05 and is no longer available
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Keep trying man. Verizon charging the amount they are right now for the internet is plain rip off compared to Sprint.

Love both
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Keep trying man. Verizon charging the amount they are right now for the internet is plain rip off compared to Sprint.

I hear ya! I will try again - when I have like 30 minutes to kill which was the amount of time I spent on the phone with those bozos.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    • When did you get approved?
    Friday, December 29th, 2006 11:00 AM
    • Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    Queens, NY (NYC)
    • Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Regular (Non-Business)
    • Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    No
    • Other info you would like to share.
    The CSR was as surprised as I was. But he was very cool about it. Whole process took less than 5 minutes. He put me on hold because it initially showed him an error message. He came back on the phone and said that he needed to remove my original $45 PDA plan as well as a $5 TXT/PIX offer I had (which wasn't bad either). He did mention about having to remove wireless sync and I did not press him on the matter as I do not currently use it (though I was considering it recently).

Fingers crossed. We'll see how it goes.
    Hmn how would they disable the wireless sync though? I know mine still works after I got the PDATP plan. If you look at Verizonwireless sync site, it's offered to all verizon customers w/ internet service (as far as I know)

Love both
    • When did you get approved?

12/5/2006 at 3:00 pm (I was one of the trailblazers on this one)
    • Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?

Boston, MA
    • Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?

Regular account
    • Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?

No
    • Other info you would like to share.

This plan doesn't appear to be limited to Windows-based smartphones. I have a Treo 600 and was still able to sign up for this plan. It took two tries, however - the first CSR I spoke to said that this plan was only available for corporate accounts.
    Hmn how would they disable the wireless sync though? I know mine still works after I got the PDATP plan. If you look at Verizonwireless sync site, it's offered to all verizon customers w/ internet service (as far as I know)
    I wouldn't worry about it. I fully expect it to work, but I did want to note that the CSR specifically mentioned it.

As for me, I could not connect to the web after I had the account change done. This always happens to me whenever I've made a change to a data component of my plan. I'm not happy about it, but I'm used to it. After 45 minutes with their data support staff, everything was working fine.

We'll see what the bill looks like in a month.
    Kilim,

Before I forget, THANKS! That's was a great heads up. Nothing better than saving money on a plan so I then spend it on a new device! ;-) Like you I am curious to see the 700wx when it gets released next month. The other one though that looks really nice is the new XV6800 which should be coming out next month at around the same time the 700wx is released. I prefer the Palm handsets (I've had the 600, 650 and now the 700p), but we'll see.

In any event, thanks!

SteveNYC
    Last edited by SteveNYC; 12/29/2006 at 12:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input guys!
    We wouldn't have gone this far without people helping other people out

From what we have gathered so far this is what I have concluded is this.

Verizon CSR has no idea (most of the time) what they are doing or looking for.
    1 CSR will state one thing while another can completely say the opposite and a 3rd may even say soemthing completely different from what the other 2 has said!

Best I can suggest is for everyone to keep on trying and post their feedback here so we can really differentiate the FACT from the FICTION.

So current facts that we have uncovered are:
    • You do NOT need a Business/Corporate Account
    • You CAN have a FamilyShare Plan.
    • You CAN add this plan to ANY PDA type device.
    • You DO get "Unlimited" Data service.
    • You DO get 800 TXT and 100 PIX-FLIX allowance.
    • The PDATP Plan is not expired to date!
      (Still need info if this plan even have an expiration date.)

So if a VZW CSR states anything that contradicts the above facts, just keep on trying so you can get the savings you deserve!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Denied the PDATP Plan and:
    What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?
    not in system
    Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    chicago market
    Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    corporate ac1
    Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    family share
    Other info you would like to share.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    You say to mention: • Talk to Verizon CSR about the PDATP Plan. 2, 3

What is 2,3 please?

Also, all 3 rep's asked me where I got the code from to which I replied my co-worker. They asked for my co-workers phone # so they could look up what was added. I wouldn't give the # out - obviously.
    Last edited by robdam; 12/29/2006 at 01:56 PM.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm on phone for my 2nd attempt and rep #1 is telling me that the code is for VZW employees only.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I'm done. My 2nd attempt ended with the rep saying that the offer is not supposed to be offered to the general public and that if I gave him my "co-workers" phone # he would then forward that phone # over to the auditing department. If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say enjoy the $20 per month while you can cuz I don't think it's gonna be here forever once they catch on.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I agree with robdam, if you can get it, enjoy it while you can. There rest of us can switch to Sprint and stay on the same VZW network for $15/month. Hey, that's $5 less than PDATP!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast