Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Approved the PDATP Plan December 26 @ 10:50 PM and:

* What did the Verizon CSR tell you why you cannot have this plan?

First call CSR woman found the plan after telling me that she did not have information on the plan, but explained that she could not add the plan to my account without management approval. She said that she was protecting her position.

Second call CSR man was very helpful and understanding of my wanting to save money. Found the plan and explained that he found this as an old promotion and told me that I would loose the 2000 txt plan as well as my ability to wireless sync (which is no problem as I do not wireless sync). He added the plan.

* Where are you located as per your Verizon contract?
    New Jersey

* Do you have a Regular (Non-Business/Corporate) or Corporate account?
    Non-business account

* Do you have a FamilyShare Plan?
    Yes, 2100 minutes for $100.00.

* Other info you would like to share/question.

Can anyone that has been approved for this plan tell me if the 800 TXT includes UNL IN network TXT?
    Hmn I'm not so sure about wirelessSync. I just got PDATP also today and I still have wirelessSync working. BTW WirelessSync rocks.
    Last edited by ACHlLLES; 12/26/2006 at 10:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    I don't use wireless sync. How does it work? Did they tell you if Wireless Sync would still be supported?
    The CSR who approved my plan didn't mention about it. She basically told me the PDATP plan is better service w/ less monthly bill on my end.

You can set up your wireless sync here:

www.wirelesssync.vzw.com

Once it's set up, just install wireless sync on your pda phone. I think it downloads the software, then when you click on it, it will ask your password to your account in wireless sync site. It's basically your outlook running in Verizon Server. You also have to install software on your desktop which will sync with the server also. This way, whenever you change or get email on your PC, it connects to the server, then makes changes to your phone and vice versa. It's very nice and easy to use feature.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    About WirelessSync:

The Verizon CSR I talked to stated to me specificly before that I can still use Wireless Sync.
    None of the various verizon CSR I have talked to this past week stated anything else otherwise.

I can see why they would say you will lose your 2000TXT Allowance as variosu posters have stated similar things.
    That you cannot add additional TXT/PIX Features while in the PDATP Plan.
    Of course, like everything else in this plan, we are not sure if those are are fact or fiction.

hence why we continue our investigation lol.

Question:
    I have 1 Verizon CSR state that TXT Allowance will be deducted per each Email with the PDATP Plan.
    She stated that it will deduct TXT Allowance for each Email (even MSN Hotmail Email) specially when Wireless Sync is use for the process.

Did anyone else get this statement?
    I know that this will probably be easily answered after the 1st months bill but trying to see if we can confirm if this is fact or fiction.

ALSO:

Would like to know if Video messages are part of the PIX Allowance.

PS:
    Added questions asked in OP.

This online investigation is hard lol
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/26/2006 at 11:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    About WirelessSync:

Question:
    I have 1 Verizon CSR state that TXT Allowance will be deducted per each Email with the PDATP Plan.
    She stated that it will deduct TXT Allowance for each Email (even MSN Hotmail Email) specially when Wireless Sync is use for the process.

Did anyone else get this statement?
    I know that this will probably be easily answered after the 1st months bill but trying to see if we can confirm if this is fact or fiction.

This online investigation is hard lol

Obviously email is not counted as part of TXT allowance.
    I receive 150+ emails per day, and if above statement was true, I should be billed for each messages at this point.
    But when I go to the "CURRENT USAGE" section of my verizonwireless.com, it only states I have sent and received 40 messages so far which seems roughly the right number of text messages I've sent if my memory serves me right.

Also you have to understand the difference between sending an email and text message. There's no way for verizon to track down what you are doing with broadband connection, since it's just a flow of data, and text messages and emails are differently sent.

Try the following...
    Try to disconnect your broadband connection, then try to send an text message. The EV part will stay in rectangular shape with EV inside it, meaning the broadband connection is not made to send the message. However, if you disconnect the broadband connection and try to send an email, it's going to show arrows pointing opposite eirection then circling, then intertwined, then the message will be sent. (You guys know what I mean, the little icon next to the signal strength indicator on top of the screen)

To make long story short.
    EMAILS AND TEXT ARE TWO SEPARATE THINGS!!!!!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I just received my Dec 22, 2006 Bill and it shows the PDATP Plan in it.
    From what my bill shows, this plan is legit and it is good!
    I was switching plans and deals this whole month so I still got billed for the standard plan but I am expecting a much lower bill on my 1/22/07 bill

Here is what it looks like in my paper bill I just DLed from the Verizon MyAccount page: http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...8&d=1167255838
    (I have highlighted in red the PDATP Plan specific areas)
    Please note that the ONLY Data fee are the couple of TXT/PIX messages I used prior to adding the PDATP Plan.

This is the specifics of the plan according to my bill:

Plan Name: UNL PDA 800 TXT 100 PIX $20
    Package Includes:
    $20 monthly access charge
    Unlimited monthly kilobyte
    800 monthly TXT Message allowance
    $.10 per message after allowance
    100 monthly PIX-FLIX allowance
    $.25 per PIX-FLIX after allowance

I guess this answers many of our questions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/27/2006 at 04:03 PM.
    What's that other dataplan for 67cents? Call and ask for credit LOL. Thanks for confirmation.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    What's that other dataplan for 67cents? Call and ask for credit LOL. Thanks for confirmation.
    LOL.
    Thats the partial payment for the partial use of the PDATP Plan.
    I think thats the 1 day Fee of the PDATP Plan as I just found out my Billing Cycle starts on the 23rd of each month and I got the PDATP Plan on the 22nd.

PS:
    I updated the OP I made with the new info I found.
    I also found out that the TXT/PIX allowance is not UNLIMITED IN so its it no matter who you are sending your messages to, it will be deducted in the allowance.
    Last edited by Kilim; 12/27/2006 at 04:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Denied the PDATP Plan:

Can not find the plan in the system, searched by prmo code and long description
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Non-Bus
    Yes
    * Other info you would like to share.
    This is all so interesting...I just don't understand why this plan exists and some get it and some don't. I also don't know how they can charge $45 for unlimited when you can get this. It doesn't seem right. I hope my bill turns out okay...I'm thrilled to get data for $20.
    I think it's mostlikely some kind of bug between corp accounts and regular accounts. Either way, I like it!!

Another logical guess would be the plan is definately offered to EVERYONE, but scared CSR's just don't want to take responsibility to change your plan, thinking "hell, it's not my bill, and I don't care".
    Last edited by ACHlLLES; 12/27/2006 at 05:44 PM.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Denied the PDATP Plan (twice)

The plan is unavailable in our area...could not find in the system. Called twice, both CSR were located in Chandler, Arizona. I mentioned the specifics of those adding the plan and their location. CSR said there was no way to pull information of accounts in NY and that their plans may differ--especially text messaging plans.

Orange County, California
    Regular
    Yes
    * Other info you would like to share.
    What is the number to connect directly with a CSR from NY, specifically the ones who have added the plan? It seems that the 800 number routes you to the call center which has access to your account.
    I didn't catch the location of the first call center (the woman who added my plan) but I called back to confirm the details and was connected to Hanover, MD call center. She confirmed that indeed it was an unlimited data plan. ETA: I'm in NY
    Last edited by treojennifer; 12/27/2006 at 06:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socalax View Post
    What is the number to connect directly with a CSR from NY, specifically the ones who have added the plan? It seems that the 800 number routes you to the call center which has access to your account.
    This is what the Verizon CSR told me:

There is no real way to get direct contact with a specific CSR.
    The Verizon CSR extension line posted in the OP I was told will lead towards those CSRs voice mail.
    They may then possibly contact you later on.

So in short, getting a CSR that can help is all about luck of the draw it seems so far
    If you want, try the 2 extensions listed in the OP.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I just made what's going to have to be my last call to VZW on this. Spoke with a very nice CSR in SC who confirmed what my in-store contact said. This plan is available only in the I2K billing system (central NJ and north). The rest of the east coast is on another system and I2K is on the way to being added into that system. I think those of us outside of that area are out of luck, but if you're in NY/NJ/MA, etc. by all means, hop on it! There's not much info for CSRs to find out if this plan is new or old (and thus either coming or going), but better safe that sorry.

Now, off to call Sprint. Since Sprint users can now roam on VZW's data network (see: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131109) there's not much sense paying triple for data via VZW. The cheaper data rate will negate my $175 ETF in under 6 months.
    Hmn. Just checked out Sprint plans, and seems like unlimited data is only 15 bucks a month(correct me if I read wrong please). Why does Verizon charge so much higher?

Love both
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    Why does Verizon charge so much higher?
    It used to be for superior coverage, but now with Sprint able to roam there doesn't seem to be much justification for it.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    At my area where I live (Westchester NY) Verizon has been great.
    I have no problems either when I was in Wilmington NC on vacation.

There was also the latest ConsumerReports.org on best Cell Service found here:
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/e...serve_ov_1.htm
    Its a good read.

I guess it would all depend on where you are and how much travel you will be doing to fully decide which service is best for you.

I almost switched to Sprint myself until I got this PDATP Plan.
    With my Employee discount and the PDATP Plan, it makes VZW a cheaper company to be with.
    (Considering it has best coverage in my area)

Please note that from what I read last, Sprint Data Roaming with VZW only yields you 1x connection instead of the faster EVDO connection.
    You also should make sure you have FREE Data Roaming included in your Sprint Plan.

And if you are thinking of switching to Sprint, check out their SERO Plan.
    http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nex...pclanding.html
    Let me rephrase the question. If I get the Sprint w/ 39.99 plus 15 unlimited plan in NY area would it be worth it? I'm thinking about getting my wife a Treo, but I am some what worried that if I go w/ sprint w/ second Treo, there's a chance I won't get the PDATP plan. Will there be huge difference in speed in broadband network wise? Thanks.

Love both
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast