Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    I plan on terminating my verizon contract tomorrow. I used the sms rate excuse to get out. They are making me pay a prorated portion of the ETF, but goong to Sprint and the Sero plan I will more than make up my money.
  2. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWCustServRep View Post

If you happen to have the feature on your account and you are NOT an employee with the corporation that had that feature specifically created for their own employees, you are in the wrong. If it's found you got someone to add the feature onto your account under false pretenses or by being dishonest in anyway, your account could be cancelled. Oh, and guess who'd be responsible for the Early Termination Fee - YOU.

This is exactly why I switched & stopped arguing with VZW cust care & switched to Sprint/SERO. It makes no sense to be with VZW any longer UNLESS its a must with coverage. Honestly,what else other than coverage does VZW offer over anyone else? Especially now with Sprint your able to roam on their network & soon that will include not only 1x but EVDO. They dont want to compete with plans at all,not even their retention department.
    If I was Verizon, I'd be happy getting few bucks intead of 0.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Quote Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
    If I was Verizon, I'd be happy getting few bucks intead of 0.
    They have 50 million customers in the US, they don't even have a retentions department. Apparently they're beyond the point of wanting customers.

Anyway, dstudboy, just stream slingbox for hours and hours (and use 5GB+ of data), they'll terminate your account without charging an early termination fee
    Yes, I am indeed a true VZW CSR. I have taken two calls about this issue in the last month which is why I'm posting about it. I'm trying to set the record straight, that's all. And, yes, I work very hard, and am rewarded generously for it. Say what you want about your service, but this place is a fantastic place to work. I have absolutely no complaints.
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Yes, I am indeed a true VZW CSR. I have taken two calls about this issue in the last month which is why I'm posting about it. I'm trying to set the record straight, that's all. And, yes, I work very hard, and am rewarded generously for it. Say what you want about your service, but this place is a fantastic place to work. I have absolutely no complaints.
    VZW is great to their employee's but as for their so-called valued customers,they have a lot to learn.Especially when it comes to being cost effective. You have to have a balance.Ok,they have great coverage BUT its the most expensive. Now its basically a kick in the teeth when you have Sprint roaming on their network now. Its great for me now though since I've switched.However,when I was with them,I was grinding my teeth each month I paid that bill after hearing about the roaming agreement.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I have absolutely no complaints.
    That's probably because you either get your VZW service for free, or at a very good discount. You should be thanking us (your customers) for overpaying to make your workplace so wonderful, instead of giving us grief for trying to get a fair deal.

Let's see...

Sprint data w/ roaming on VZW - $15/month
    VZW data - $45/month
    "Exclusive" PDATP VZW plan - $20/month

Heck, I'd be happy to pay the extra $5/month so you could keep your wonderful job!

Please, justify to us pathetic VZW customers why we should pay a premium over Sprint users?
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    Please, justify to us pathetic VZW customers why we should pay a premium over Sprint users?
    Cause you a sucker for marketing... vrz is the best... lol.... group of people standing behind you, looking busy. Right.

I'm a sucker, too... so don't feel bad. I've been a sucker since 2001. I'm still a sucker since I did not believe the phone would switch over when out of sprint... it does and works well.

My verizon contract is up in jul and I'll more than likely canx then. I've already decided to keep the treo 700wx. Phone rocks. As most suckers though, I'm finding it hard to leave verizon for good... like leaving home at high school... very unsure. Although, I've tested the 700 and it works everywhere...

So let me see (battle of the year):

verizon
    450 min
    free weekdays start at 9 / free weekends
    no internet / well, $15 per mb (not a lie)
    no roaming / limited roaming agreements

$39 per month

Sprint:

500 minutes
    free weekdays start at 7 / free weekends
    Free internet
    Free roaming both data and voice

$27 per month (credit union discount)

verizon

sprint Sprint wins by TKO

to think I was a verizon drone for so long....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    Cause you a sucker for marketing... vrz is the best... lol.... group of people standing behind you, looking busy. Right.
    I bow down to the great "OG", oh thee of great perception and righteous observations!
    VZWman & some others on this board, I don't care what you say...If I call up VZW, tell them I know someone with this plan, give them the plan code and get approved I am not cheating anyone. Unless you lie and somehow knowingly and falsely convince the CSR that you are part of this special "corporation" the customer is doing nothing wrong.

I have RCN here in Chicago and was unhappy with their prices . So I called up RCN customer service and negotiated an additional $20 off per month so I would switch from Comcast. Does that make me dishonest? This kind of stuff happens every day and is simply a part of doing business.

The plain fact is that this plan has been given out, with permission, by VZW employees. If the VZW employees are doing this by mistake and therefore must later rescind the offer that is fine. It's not a good business practice, but it's fine. One thing is for certain...no one is stealing or cheating anyone here and you are absolutely wrong to say that. And if VZW cancelled my account for this, why would I be responsible for the early termination fee? I didn't terminate my account, VZW did.

And no, I do not have this plan (I did try to get it, though).
    Last edited by fumblerooski; 02/08/2007 at 11:03 PM.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    The thing that sucks about the roaming onto VZW's network is that it's not seamless. It will drop your call first before it switches networks. Sucks for me since my parking garage has no service from Sprint.
    Tried this today. After 25 minutes, I was told IF it did exsist at one time, it wasn't available now.....but then again, the same rep told me the unlimited data plan didn't inclue txt messages or pix.
    Great
    I don't think the unlimited plan incudes txt messages or pix...I thought those were separate plans...anyone?
    The unlimited data plan does not include text or pix. I have the SMS2000 allowance, which is essentially unlimited text, but even that does not include pix. If you wanted unlimited text and pix you have to get the $10/month plan.
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    The unlimited data plan does not include text or pix. I have the SMS2000 allowance, which is essentially unlimited text, but even that does not include pix. If you wanted unlimited text and pix you have to get the $10/month plan.
    I've heard that the SMS2000 allowance has a similar history to the PDATP feature... it was originally created as an unadvertised feature to allow corporate users to use ActiveSync (which are apparently triggered by SMS in certain situations) without being charged extra. However, individual account holders, as well as people with Palm-based devices, have also apparently been able to get that feature added. So if you can't get PDATP, you can at least try to get 2000 free texts! Just ask for SMS2K or plan code 70246 (depends on which region you're in; I believe the Northeast uses letters and everywhere else uses numbers).
    Last edited by jberman; 02/13/2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Updated plan code for Northeast
    My unlimited data plan does include 2000 txt messages per month and since the pix are treated as data on the Treo, these are also unlimited.
    No way, bro. If you have these features included in your data plan you are the only one. Now, if you are sending pics via email then yes, it is included. But if you are sending pics or videos via VZW's MMS service then they are definitely NOT included. 25 cents a pop. Either way, text messages are never included in data plans and are always a separate, extra plan. You must have the SMS2000 plan like I do.
    OH-IO!!!

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I just got myself a USB720 Wireless PCCard for my laptop from Verizon so I was checking some stuff again.
    I do not have outside internet access so I got the USB720.
    It is the same exact model as the Sprint version U720

Any1 check this out?
    http://b2b.vzw.com/productsservices/...ssconnect.html

Monthly Allowance

UNLIMITED for Internet browsing, email and intranet access1

Standard Monthly Access

$15
    with UNLIMITED
    Blackberry/PDA
    Data feature with
    qualifying voice
    calling plan
    (or Voice and Data
    Choice Bundlesm)2

$30
    with UNLIMITED
    BlackBerry/PDA
    Data Plan

$59.99
    with any EV-DO
    (high-speed
    wireless
    broadband)-
    capable handset
    and qualifying
    voice calling plan

1 Advertised device and support of BroadbandAccess Connect subject to availability
    2 If more than 5 GB/line/month are used, we presume use is for non-permitted uses and reserve the right to terminate service immediately.
    Isn't that the same or close to what we are trying to achieve here?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilim View Post
    Isn't that the same or close to what we are trying to achieve here?
    What do you refer to, the $15 data plan you quoted vs. PDATP for $20? If so, no. This is a tethering option at $15 ON TOP OF the $44.99 "unlimited/limited" data plan w/ voice plan. or, $30 with just the $44.99 data plan, or $59.99 by itself.

I think the moral of all this is VZW will NEVER give any sort of decent deal to it's customers. You WILL pay out the nose for every little thing you get, especially data plans.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    is anyone still on the pdatp plan? has the bill come without usage charges?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast