Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Received mine today from Seidio.

Big minus - it doesn't appear to work. I say "appear to", because the battery status icon says "0% full". I charged it for 6 hours and it still says the same thing. The red LED does not come on either when charging. However the Treo makes the battery charging noise when you plug it in and the icon shows it as charging, but it never changes from 0%. After charging it for 6 hours. I have it off charger, and I have made several calls, and it is not dying. It just continues to show 0%. Perhaps I have a bad one. Oh well. I've contacted Seidio for a replacement.

The plus is that I like the form factor of the modified battery cover. It does add girth, and does not fit properly into my case, but I like the way it feels when it's in my hand. I have pretty big hands, and the thicker 750 with the modified battery cover fits squarely into the palm of my hand, and gives me a little something extra to hold on to - especially when I'm holding the Treo up to my ear. I can rest my forefinger along the top ledge of the battery cover. It's hard to explain. But I like it.

Let's see if I can get a working one from Seidio - at least one that displays the battery status correctly.
    I don't think the problem is with the battery. It's the Treo that monitors and adjusts the battery meter. You should charge the battery in your Treo for 12 hours then do a hard reset with your Treo still plugged in and with the battery still in it.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12/23/2006 at 08:53 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Sounds like a plan. I'll let you know what happens tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.
    Quote Originally Posted by bones_boy View Post
    Received mine today from Seidio.

Big minus - it doesn't appear to work. I say "appear to", because the battery status icon says "0% full". I charged it for 6 hours and it still says the same thing. The red LED does not come on either when charging. However the Treo makes the battery charging noise when you plug it in and the icon shows it as charging, but it never changes from 0%. After charging it for 6 hours. I have it off charger, and I have made several calls, and it is not dying. It just continues to show 0%. Perhaps I have a bad one. Oh well. I've contacted Seidio for a replacement.

The same happen when I put the (original) 650's battery in the treo 750.

Maybe you have recived a battery produced for the older models.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    I don't think the problem is with the battery. It's the Treo that monitors and adjusts the battery meter. You should charge the battery in your Treo for 12 hours then do a hard reset with your Treo still plugged in and with the battery still in it.
    Did not work, still showing 0%. Any other suggestions?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    The same happen when I put the (original) 650's battery in the treo 750.

Maybe you have recived a battery produced for the older models.
    Probably so. Still waiting to hear from Seidio. Probably won't hear from them until after New Years.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    ...The plus is that I like the form factor of the modified battery cover. It does add girth, and does not fit properly into my case, but I like the way it feels when it's in my hand. I have pretty big hands, and the thicker 750 with the modified battery cover fits squarely into the palm of my hand, and gives me a little something extra to hold on to - especially when I'm holding the Treo up to my ear. I can rest my forefinger along the top ledge of the battery cover. It's hard to explain. But I like it....
    could you post pictures of your phone with the new battery cover?? thx.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    could you post pictures of your phone with the new battery cover?? thx.
    I second that
  9.    #9  
    Okay, hope this helps. Sorry if they look like crap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If it suits someone needs fine, but man is that ugly. You couldn't pay me enough to use that. I'm much rather just carry a spare than resort to that hunchback.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    the pics look fine... thanks.
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    If it suits someone needs fine, but man is that ugly. You couldn't pay me enough to use that. I'm much rather just carry a spare than resort to that hunchback.
    I agree it looks terrible - but it fits my hand nicely. It's weird. When I hold the 750 up to my head with the normal battery cover, it does not touch my palm - I am grabbing the 750 with my fingertips. I guess i have long fingers or something. This makes my fingers tired if holding it up there for longer than like, 20 minutes. With the "hunchback" looks (and the extra weight - the bigger battery does add to the weight), it fits in my palm better, and doesn't put as much emphasis on my fingers. It's really hard to explain. You're either going to like it or not, I guess.

If I can get two days life out of it without charging, I'll probably carry it around no matter what it looks like. The big problem for me is unfortunately the battery (as shipped by Seidio) isn't working correctly. That's obviously more of a deal-breaker than the form factor.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Sure it helps, thanks a lot

I like the way it looks, not excesively bulky and it will be for sure the solution for me. However, can you believe what is the price of this battery in Europe?? $50 for the battery and almost $60 for shipping if you get it at Seidioonline. I will definitely wait for Treocentral to have it in store...
    I assume it would be useful for people who needs a 3G capable stone. But I can't carry with this. Sorry but I'll continue hoping for a battery a little longlasting, not a phone with a new truck battery cover.
    Newness Developments apps:

Well...if you drunk enough beer it looks like a cool barracuda or shark-type of phone..not bad i that light!
    Is this the 2400mah battery for the wx? I have one sitting in my drawer, and as an experiment I put it in my 750 one day. I got the same thing, charging at 0%, etc. I really hope this is not what they did...
  17.    #17  
    The malfunctioning battery I have, indeed does say "for Treo 700". And my invoice does indeed say "for Treo 750". So, unless they messed up, you would be correct.
  18. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Damn, that hunchback is ugly. Too bad I already ordered the battery and had it shipped to me already. $#@&*!!!!
    ---------------------------
    The one and only Treo 750v
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Damn, that hunchback is ugly. Too bad I already ordered the battery and had it shipped to me already. $#@&*!!!!
    Won't Seidio take it back?
  20. Wiz
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I haven't asked them, but that is not interesting. Having it shipped to me cost $30. Sending it back would make it even more expensive. I would have spent $60 to send back a $59 battery ... guess I'd better keep it just in case...
    The one and only Treo 750v
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast