Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
       #1  
    I am a bit worried about the performance of the battery. I have already assumed that I will have to do overnight charges but I am starting to realize that this may not be enough.
    Do you charge the Treo during the day?
  2. #2  
    I love this phone, but on days when I travel and have heavy use, I find myself out of battery before I get back home. So yes, I now carry either my travel wall charger or car charger depending on if I am flying or driving to allow me no worries about running out of power by the end of the day. I have found it to be a small price to pay for a phone I simply love.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
  3. #3  
    I carry both a USB retractable charge and sync cable and a wall charger in my bag. I work very long 15-16 hour days and the battery doesn't make it. This phone is amazing, but the battery doesn't cut it.
  4. #4  
    I have a spare battery also. If I use it heavily during the day I need to recharge or use the spare battery.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  5. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I have a spare battery also. If I use it heavily during the day I need to recharge or use the spare battery.
    That's not a solution for me I regret. I guess I will try the Seidio extended battery paying the price of the size
  6. cortezi's Avatar
    Posts
    127 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I have a spare battery also. If I use it heavily during the day I need to recharge or use the spare battery.
    are you using the 680 battery as a spare?
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    That's not a solution for me I regret. I guess I will try the Seidio extended battery paying the price of the size
    What's not an option? Why can't you carry a spare battery, or use a desktop or car charger during the day?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  8. #8  
    No, I have a spare I bought from Palm. The 680 and 750 battery are the same so you can buy a 680 battery from Palm for the 750.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcortez View Post
    are you using the 680 battery as a spare?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  9. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    What's not an option? Why can't you carry a spare battery, or use a desktop or car charger during the day?
    I am normally visiting customers and I don't have the chance to recharge the battery very often. Carrying a second battery is IMO annoying and I like the sensation and confidence of having enough fuel to spend the day
  10. #10  
    I rarely charge during the day, and if I do it is WELL after my 10 hour work day. That being said, at work I am not a HEAVY user, I get a ton of emails with exchange activesync but do not talk much, maybe 30 mins talk-time at the most.
  11. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
       #11  
    Is this normal? After a deep overnight charge, I have today made 5 phone calls and checked the mail three times and now (7PM European time) it is 30% charged
  12. #12  
    Doesn't sound normal unless is this very new? It does take several charges to get the battery working at full capacity. Another thing is if you are in an area with a low UMTS signal, but a high GSM signal, the phone can often switch between GSM and UMTS alot. This causes a much higher battery drain than it not switching. I get this at work alot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amstel View Post
    Is this normal? After a deep overnight charge, I have today made 5 phone calls and checked the mail three times and now (7PM European time) it is 30% charged
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  13. amstel's Avatar
    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Doesn't sound normal unless is this very new? It does take several charges to get the battery working at full capacity. Another thing is if you are in an area with a low UMTS signal, but a high GSM signal, the phone can often switch between GSM and UMTS alot. This causes a much higher battery drain than it not switching. I get this at work alot.
    Thanks. I really can't tell if it's too new because it is a second hand one. I am not very clear about the UMTS/GSM switch. I always have a U ontop. Is there any way to know if this is causing the battery drain?
    Other point that I have noticed is that from 100% to 60% the drain goes hyper fast and from 30% to zero, very slow which gives me more time of real use
  14. #14  
    I was under the impression, if you logged on to the internet to download e-mail, or surf, you stayed connected to the internet, thus causing the battery to drain.

    You have to disconnect from the 3G each time the e-mail program logs in to check or after you've completed your internet surfing.

    Yes?
    I'm not a gynecologist, but I can take a look at it for you...
  15. #15  
    After your first week of use let the battery go down to almost zero, then give it a long charge until 100%. And complete this process at lease once a month. I know, ther are a lot of was to skin a cat, but this ways has always worked no matter the type of battery.

    Example: My FIRST Generation iPOD, the "real" scroll wheel, still holds a 6 - 7 hour charge after what, 6 years of use? Granted I no longer use it as my primary device, its hooked into my office Music-on-Hold/PA system.

Posting Permissions