Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    So I just got the SlingBox Classic and trying out SlingBox Mobile Player on my Treo 700w.
    I know that the Verizon "Unlimited" Data Plan is really not "Unlimited".

So wondering how much does the SlingBox eat up your Data plan and what does Verizon do about it?

Has any Verizon Wireless users have any issues using SlingBox for an extended amount of time on their PPC?
    The theoretical limit is 5gb. I use the SPM all the time on my 700w and I usually get near 1.5-2 gb. No problems or hassles in 3+ mos.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    I did a fair amount of slinging for 6 months with my 700w on vzw. I typically ate up between 1 and 2GB a month. One time I went over 4GB. No warnings from vzw. People claim you have to exceed 10GB in a month before they do anything about it. Though when I asked before if anyone here ever got terminated nobody replied. All of the reports that I saw where people were getting terminated were those using a laptop data card.

Again I ask has anyone had there vzw account terminated from excessive data use on a phone?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    So I should not have no problems at all using my Treo for its "Normal" uses and also using SPM as much as I want?
    Theoretically speaking?
    I never worried about it. The "limit" keeps going up. Phones with VCast stream video too even though the fine print says you're not suppose to. It's a new world now. Streaming video on a phone is becoming common practice. How vzw determines what abuse is has to be constantly changing.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    I'd buy ya a drink hannip if you are next to me

Now back to further adventures of what I can do with my Treo
    The following table might help: