1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have found out that there's a delay in ringing on the Treo750V. I made a test call and to my surprise my Treo starts to ring after hearing 4 rings on the phone. I have been missing alot of called due to this issue becos the callers thought that i was busy or not with my phone and they hung up after 4-5 rings on the phone.

Would like to know if anyone out there encounter the same problem?
    I see it typically takes 2 rings before the network (Cingular) actually connects to the phone and then 0 - 2 rings before the phone starts ringing. Some things make the phone take longer. One is voice command, having it on takes an extra ring or so before the phone starts ringing. Also third party software can cause a delay for the phone to start ringing.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I see it typically takes 2 rings before the network (Cingular) actually connects to the phone and then 0 - 2 rings before the phone starts ringing. Some things make the phone take longer. One is voice command, having it on takes an extra ring or so before the phone starts ringing. Also third party software can cause a delay for the phone to start ringing.
    Thanks or the reply , like wat you mention is that normal for the Treo?? What are the apps that will cause this ? i have disable voice command after you mention that it will affect.
    That is normal for WM5 based phones. There was a network hack on either the PPC 6600 or 6700 where someone could force the phone to ring sooner. However, that hack has not been found for the WM5 based Treos to my knowledge.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I know what you are talking about. Most of the time, you will see the phone icon above the signal bars about a second or two before it starts ringing. It's weird and frustrating to say the least.
    I will say I tried this with a RAZR also a while ago and it still took one or two rings for the network to connect to the phone and it would start ringing. So there is some network delay no matter what.

Assuming the calling party doesn't hang up, you can all change how long your Treo will ring before it goes to voicemail. In the phone settings, services, click on forwarding and you sent the time before it forwards. The default is 20 seconds, you can increase that up to 30 seconds.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    That is normal for WM5 based phones. There was a network hack on either the PPC 6600 or 6700 where someone could force the phone to ring sooner. However, that hack has not been found for the WM5 based Treos to my knowledge.
    You're speaking of the Slot Cycle Index (SLI) which is how often the phone "pings" the tower to check to see if there is an incoming call. This value is 1.28 seconds multiplied by 2^value (i.e 0=1.28 secs, 1=2.56secs) with 0 fastest, 7 slowest. On the 6700 and probably the Treos it is set at 2= 5+ seconds per ping.

If your phone just pinged the tower, it'll be 4-5 seconds before it checks again, hence the delay. Changing this makes it check faster.

A lot of us ran it at 1 or even 0. You literally saw the blinking LED blink faster and calls were detected faster, so there was a noticeable difference. You are also correct in that there is not the equivalent for the Treos and in all honestly there looks to be NO setting/access to this on the phone, so I think we're SOL here.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter