Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    okay...I am new to this...my husband, bless his heart, bought me a terrific new toy...the 700wx. My co-worker said I should try this forum so see about solutions to my problem. The problem is I really need an LED indicator for work purposes, but there isn't one, so a co-worker suggested phonealarm. Well...that didn't work out so well. Phonealarm messed things up pretty bad. I tried it again...same problem...it just doesn't do the job it's supposed to...or what other "tech" people say it does...it just messed things up in a bad way. Isn't there something out there that works...better than phonealarm? Or does anyone know if something is coming down the pike for this function? I mean, come on...there are enough "tech" people out there that can do this...make programs to do this, right? I am not one of them. I am truly a novice, but I know there has got to be something better!
    Someone over in the 750 forum is working on a treotweaks program that is adding led notification to.

What is it you want the led to indicate? There are some registry changes to enable new sms and mail notification. Would that help?
    Is this for real???

You dont need any LED control- just ask the experts around here...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    hmmm you got to be kidding me I say no more
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Someone over in the 750 forum is working on a treotweaks program that is adding led notification to.

What is it you want the led to indicate? There are some registry changes to enable new sms and mail notification. Would that help?
    There's registry tweaks to show notification of new SMS/Mail via the LED? Where the hell has that been at, nothing on the threads here!

You need to post this stuff up hannip, or you're just being plain cruel
    lol.

If you have the Palm Messaging app installed this reg file will enable the led to flash when a new sms or email comes in.

Edit: This same reg file works for poutlook text message led notify also.

This is based on TigerShark's post here
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...11&postcount=4
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 12/21/2006 at 10:58 AM.
    Oh, I don't use the Palm Messaging app ... damn man, you're a tease.
    Quote Originally Posted by isurus View Post
    Oh, I don't use the Palm Messaging app ... damn man, you're a tease.
    Let me try to find the key for the poutlook text message alert...
    Let me try to find the key for the poutlook text message alert...
    That'd be cool - it's mostly cause I haven't been home for the reason I don't have the Palm Msging installed yet. That, and just haven't bothered to install a backup program yet in case it does go wrong. But a temporary fix for poutlook would be awesome
  10.    #10  

First...YES, this is for real? I wouldn't have wasted my time joining if it wasn't! And second...it should be obvious as to what I want the LED to indicate. I want it to indicate when I am getting a call or a text message (want me to tell it to you like you are special...). Sorry, but I am very frustrated with this. I can not have my phone on with sound while I am working, but I need to be able to know if I am getting a call or a text. Plain and simple, I think.... but phonealarm does not make it plain and simple. I am not a "tech" person, so I need something that is plain and simple and WILL ACTUALLY WORK!

So, there you have it. Is there or isn't there something I can use other than phonealarm?

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Vibrate does that
    Ok, is your husband slingbox or is it just slingbox impersonating a girl. lol

Sorry, but taking out your frustrations on people trying to help you will not get you any help.
    vib works great and so does led notifaction if avalible.I recommend you look at robbers post.It just the way it is in wx land.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Vibrate does that
    oh this helps so much. NOT! I have to be able to keep in contact with my daycare provider because I have a special needs baby. I would really like to be able to "see" I have a call, so I guess I'll just stick the phone in my bra, that way I am sure to catch all my calls. Again...vibrate does make noise when the phone is on my desk! Sorry...I don't mean to be a smart a$$, but you all are not getting it, but then again it seems this a male based forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by isurus View Post
    That'd be cool - it's mostly cause I haven't been home for the reason I don't have the Palm Msging installed yet. That, and just haven't bothered to install a backup program yet in case it does go wrong. But a temporary fix for poutlook would be awesome
    As it turns out the poutlook text message alert uses the same registry key. So you can use that same reg file.
  16.    #16  

Sorry, but taking out your frustrations on people trying to help you will not get you any help.
    help??? what help?.....I feel like I am calling the help desk at my job. I am feeling frustrated because I am not getting any help.

I guess I really need to address Robbers post and investigate what he has to offer.

If I have offended anyone, I apologize, but I am frustrated.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    by hannip

after reading the other thread and reading into the last sentence for the first post on this thread.... i thought the same thing hannip. especially only joining to create this thread... then the second post totally blew it out of the water.
    ... Or does anyone know if something is coming down the pike for this function? I mean, come on...there are enough "tech" people out there that can do this...make programs to do this, right? I am not one of them. I am truly a novice, but I know there has got to be something better!

(EDIT)sorry freshfiregirl just joking.I had great conversation with hannip yesterday.
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/21/2006 at 11:59 AM. Reason: uncool use of memebrs user name
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Wow. Even the vibrate noise is too loud for you. I just called myself with the ringer off and I could barely hear it. I can't imagine where you work that it has to be that quiet.

Also, the screen and keyboard light up when a call comes in so wouldn't that let you know you have a call? If you can see a little LED, surely you can see the keyboard and screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfiregirl View Post
    oh this helps so much. NOT! I have to be able to keep in contact with my daycare provider because I have a special needs baby. I would really like to be able to "see" I have a call, so I guess I'll just stick the phone in my bra, that way I am sure to catch all my calls. Again...vibrate does make noise when the phone is on my desk! Sorry...I don't mean to be a smart a$$, but you all are not getting it, but then again it seems this a male based forum.
    I don't think you should expect to get help at this point now ... why would anyone want to help you after you insult them?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast