Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Wow. Even the vibrate noise is too loud for you. I just called myself with the ringer off and I could barely hear it. I can't imagine where you work that it has to be that quiet.

    Also, the screen and keyboard light up when a call comes in so wouldn't that let you know you have a call? If you can see a little LED, surely you can see the keyboard and screen.
    that is fine and dandy...but should I be away from my phone I have no idea that a call came in. If the LED indicated that I did, stayed lit or blinks, then I would know this, right? That is my point. I can't carry my phone 24/7, but I need to know that I have missed a call or a text.
  2. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfiregirl View Post
    that is fine and dandy...but should I be away from my phone I have no idea that a call came in. If the LED indicated that I did, stayed lit or blinks, then I would know this, right? That is my point. I can't carry my phone 24/7, but I need to know that I have missed a call or a text.
    Well PhoneAlarm will tell you that. All you would have to do is wake up your phone when you came back and you would see it right on your today screen. You would know if it was a missed call, voicemail, text message or e-mail.

  3. #23  
    Well the text part we have a solution for, but not the missed call part at the moment. Sorry.

    The same registry hack that makes the led flash for new text messages doesn't work for missed calls for some reason. Someone may write a utility or service to make this work in the future.

    So phonealarm didn't work for you? Does it work for others for missed calls? You could also write to PocketMax developer to fix the bugs. He is usually pretty quick with fixes.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    Well PhoneAlarm will tell you that. All you would have to do is wake up your phone when you came back and you would see it right on your today screen. You would know if it was a missed call, voicemail, text message or e-mail.

    Thanks, Greg for your info, but if you look at my 1st post...my problem is phonealarm. I tried it on a recommendation of a co-worker. Twice. And twice it did not work and it messed my phone up. Then I found out from other co-workers who have treos who also say that phonealarm is a waste of money and time.

    I am thinking there really is nothing I can do, no LED fix for this phone, but should you know anything more I would really like to know.

    Just a frustrated new mom.
  5. GregE's Avatar
    Posts
    521 Posts
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfiregirl View Post
    Thanks, Greg for your info, but if you look at my 1st post...my problem is phonealarm. I tried it on a recommendation of a co-worker. Twice. And twice it did not work and it messed my phone up. Then I found out from other co-workers who have treos who also say that phonealarm is a waste of money and time.

    I am thinking there really is nothing I can do, no LED fix for this phone, but should you know anything more I would really like to know.

    Just a frustrated new mom.
    Oh I saw that but you didn't say what the problem with it was. I know I use it as well as others and have no problems. What was your problem with it and what version did you try?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanni View Post
    Well the text part we have a solution for, but not the missed call part at the moment. Sorry.

    The same registry hack that makes the led flash for new text messages doesn't work for missed calls for some reason. Someone may write a utility or service to make this work in the future.

    So phone alarm didn't work for you? Does it work for others for missed calls? You could also write to Pocket Max developer to fix the bugs. He is usually pretty quick with fixes.
    thanks...this is the best info thus far. So, the is a chance in the future that this can be done, right? That is good news, until then I guess I suck it up with phone alarm, but if it messes up my phone one more time, it's history (I'll take out my frustration out on it, instead of y'all!)

    Sorry, if I offended anyone, but I do hope you can understand my frustration.

    I just wanted my simple LED to blink to remind me I missed a call.

  7. #27  
    Freshfiregirl phone alarm can be used with a blank graphics/skin meaning you would have the the software on your treo but it,s not visable on your today screen.With the proper setting you can get led blink only.It works about 75% of the time.It,s better then nothing.Drop me a PM if you want a copy - graphics/skin build and it,s on the way.Once agian Im very sorry for my comment involving your user name.These forums can bring the wourst out of all of us somtimes.Merry Christmas and congrads on your new 700wx
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/21/2006 at 12:01 PM.
  8.    #28  
    well, I guess that is better than nothing...I'll pm you for contact info.
  9. #29  
    This skin works with PhoneAlarm 1.58 lite
    PhoneAlarm lite is great software.At times it drives are 700wx buggy as many have found out.Ive Skiped the flashy skins with tabs that work sometimes and put this very simple slimed down skin together.Dont look for the skin in the jpeg posted below or on your today screen because you cant see it What You can see is led blink on calls,sms,v-mail when missed.
    Use your 700wx like you would without phoneAlarm installed.Your left Softkey on your treo takes control as it should with no more phonealarm clash.

    stealth led jpg in action
    Zip file with the goods
    Enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/22/2006 at 10:48 PM.
  10. #30  
    If I load the Stealth skin and then choose to switch back to another interface, how do I go about accessing it?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    If I load the Stealth skin and then choose to switch back to another interface, how do I go about accessing it?
    You can get to you PA settings very easy when using the stealth led skin from your Today settings: Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items tab. Highlight phoneAlarm and click Options
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/22/2006 at 10:25 PM.
  12. #32  
    I've tried this with my current (default) skin. Tapping Options doesn't give me acess to the app. Does this option work only with the Stealth skin or all skins? Maybe there's a problem with my install.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    I've tried this with my current (default) skin. Tapping Options doesn't give me acess to the app. Does this option work only with the Stealth skin or all skins? Maybe there's a problem with my install.
    Options is accessible with all PA skin.when you get to your items tab are you taping-highlighting PhoneAlarm?
    After phoneAlarm is highlighted you will be able to click on options tab taking you into PA settings.
    If you cant get into setting this would be another PA headacke story.Give you wx a softreset.
    P.S make sure you are running the most current PA 1.58 lite release
    Its a must have for this skin.
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/22/2006 at 11:22 PM.
  14. #34  
    I'd tried accessing PA through the Today soft menu button. It worked only when I went through the Start-Settings menu. Thanks!!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    I'd tried accessing PA through the Today soft menu button. It worked only when I went through the Start-Settings menu. Thanks!!
    Your very welcome.Have a great Hoilday
  16. #36  
    I was playing around with MortScript today and thought hmm, I could easily implement that LED notification using this. Check it out.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132525

    This should work fine until someone has enough time to implement a service dll to do it.
  17. #37  
    Very nice hannip. It appears to be working for text messsages. I also tried it with missed calls and voicemail, in which case it appeared to work, but not always, or was very delayed. I'm not exactly sure. I'll have to play with it some more.

    It's amazing that Palm doesn't just come out with a simple patch for this. In the meantime, your solution is pretty easy to install. Thanks!
  18. #38  
    You can play with the sleep value to see if a shorter delay will make it more reliable for you. So far it has worked well for me. You can edit the script using Word right on your treo.
  19. #39  
    hannip you rule
  20. #40  
    Twas nothing. Even you could've done it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions