Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I've been using Palm devices for nearly 10 years (including Treo 600 and 650)

I run my own business (it's just me) and I don't have an exchange server. So for years I've been using Chatter and IMAP to keep my email in sync between my Treo and Outlook on my laptop. But I have always wanted have OTA calendar/task/contact sync as well - and there's been no way to get it with my setup.

Last week I sat next to a guy on a plane who had the Dash, and he told me he uses ActiveSync against an Exchange server to do all that.

But I know there are many different versions of the MS OS for phones, and different versions of exchange, and different versions of Outlook, and different versions of ActiveSync, and lots of different companies that provide hosted Exchange.

So here are my questions:
    1) Will a Treo with Windows do OTA calendar/task/contact/email sync?
    2) If so, what (specifically) do I need to do to get it?
    3) What questions do I need to ask the hosted Exchange vendor?
    4) Are there Windows apps that provide similar functionality to DateBk, Butler, and Vindigo?

Sorry if these are total newbie questions - I'd be happy to take pointers to other threads if the answers are already here.
    Look into Mail2web. They have a service they sell for $2 or $4 per month that allows you to use ActiveSync with their Exchange Server to sync contacts, calendar and e-mail. They also have a service that allows you to use your existing e-mail address, so when you reply to e-mails it will show up. You can also create a new e-mail address, if you so choose. I have it on my i830w and my wife's 700wx. Great app, but their web site is a PITA to navigate. Go to www.live.mail2web.com to look into the Exchange options. They have personal and business services to choose from. Works great for me!
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    4smartphone.net also works great. It's what I use and haven't had any issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by jg70124 View Post
    So here are my questions:
    1) Will a Treo with Windows do OTA calendar/task/contact/email sync?
    2) If so, what (specifically) do I need to do to get it?
    I wish this could be answered without requiring some 3rd party service. There are lots of them out there and everyone I've tried are flawed in some way.

I'd like to be able to define something in Activesync and sync my Outlook data remotely. Often I travel with a business laptop and want to have access to my personal data.

I'm not interested in Wirelessync, Mail2web, 4smartphone.net, yahoo mobile or any other 3rd party middleware.