Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Odd that Palm OS supports SDHC for months now and WM5 support is nowhere to be found. That doesn't happen too often. Get with the program MS.
    Does anyone know if it has to do with what class the sdhc card is I noticed some are class 2 and some are class 4 sdhc cards. Here is a link for you all to see notice the different classes.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    My A-Data is not SDHC and it works fine on both the 700w and 700wx for a year now. I've never heard of an SDHC card working on any WM5 treo or any WM5 device for that matter.
    You are probably right, hannip. My A-Data that works with my 700w and not the 700wx is probably not SDHC. A new card reader was needed for it and it was probably due to its size not its type.

I still can't understand why it doesn't work with the 700wx though. Once it is formatted via my reader under XP it can't be read by the 700wx. Once it is formatted on the 700wx, it can't be read on my laptop. The 700w has no problems at with it.

Fortunately, I was planning to get a new card for the 700wx anyway.
    Check this out found on wikipedia.

SDHC

A new SD format, SDHC (Secure Digital High Capacity), allows capacities in excess of 2GB (4GB to 32GB)[8]. SDHC uses the same form factor as SD, but the SD 2.0 standard in SDHC uses a different memory addressing method (sector addressing vs byte addressing[9]). 4GB SDHC cards can only work with SDHC compatible host devices. The SDHC logo is supposed to ensure compatibility.[10] SDHC readers and other devices are supposed to be backwards compatible with SD cards.

SDHC cards have SD Speed Class Ratings defined by the SD Association. The SD Speed Class Ratings specify the following minimum sustained write speed for SDHC cards:

* Class 2: 2MB/s
    * Class 4: 4MB/s
    * Class 6: 6MB/s

As of early 2007, examples of new devices which support the SDHC format are:

* The Palm Treo 680
    * The A710IS and G7 Canon PowerShot digital cameras.
    * Canon SD750 and SD1000
    * Canon PowerShot TX1
    * The Nikon D40 and Nikon D80, and the Pentax K10D digital SLRs as well as ROM updates for other Pentax models
    * Recent models of Panasonic Lumix digital cameras.
    * Cowon's D2 player will support SDHC cards with future firmware releases. [11]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

If anyone has the treo 680 can you confirm this. Also if this is true can we get the 680 sdhc drivers and put them in the 700 series.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    have there been any updates in the last 7 months with this issue? N00B here and is wanting to get a 4gb but can only find sdhc.... plus I have only been a treo junkie for 2 days....
    Search this forum for another thread on SDHC. It contains a link to a 700wx SDHC driver that supports 4gb SDHC cards.
    just installed the drivers and I can now read a 4GB SDHC card when before it would not even recognize it was even there. I am able to use my 1GB non SDHC with no probs too. This is GREAT!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12