1.    #1  
    I've read some posts regarding the 750v and WM. I have been a longtime 650 owner and decided to make the leap to the 750. I've also spent a few weeks with the 680.

750v Pros
    Great Form factor (also true for 680)
    Much improved keyboard (also true for 680)
    Better radio quality
    When in U, speeds are MUCH, MUCH FASTER
    Today screen has solid usability
    No resets. Not one.

Cons
    Cam appears only on par with 650 but the 680 Cam is lousy IMO
    No Chatteremail...Although mail2web.com is very solid substitute for those without exchange server.

A note about the battery life. It's weaker then the 650 but I've got push email and use the phone a lot and media and I hold a full days charge. Not as good but reasonable.

If your a Treo owner who is used to Palm OS and your switching to WM...You have to be patient...The learning curve is steep at first but as you get to know the device it becomes more user friendly.
    Does mail2web actually push your mail??? Or do you have to log on every time, I dont see a push email set up option on the homepage.
    Mail2web is 100% push. and thensome.

Just a note about the camera- you have to remember that you are looking at the pictures on a VERY low resolution screen, and they are not going to look that good. I think it is on par w/other 1.3MP phone cameras, but you can't tell until you look at the pic on a PC. That being said, I also believe that there is no such thing as a "good" 1.3MP camera anyway
  4.    #4  
    Yes, Mail2wen is a true push. I forward all my email accounts to Mail2web and then it's pushed to the Treo. To back up the reliability of Mail2web I manually sync every day to my imap. Littlepeat you may be right...I've yet to upload my photos off the card and onto my mac, so my opinion was based just on the viewer.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    Does mail2web actually push your mail??? Or do you have to log on every time, I dont see a push email set up option on the homepage.
    As I remember, you set it up through Activesync on your Treo...There is no option for push, because I think there is no alternative but push.
    i really am surprised w/t he battery life on my 750 after having the 680 for a week. I get push mail all day long and talk as well on my BT headset battery life is surprisingly good.
    www.luxozine.com
    Sport Elegance Delivered
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    i really am surprised w/t he battery life on my 750 after having the 680 for a week. I get push mail all day long and talk as well on my BT headset battery life is surprisingly good.
    When I read the doom and gloom about the 680/750 battery, I expected it run low within an hour...But I get a full 7am-11pm run w/all my usual apps. Of course I'm not watching a movie on it. My 650 would be able to roll into the next day until the mid afternoon but then it usually would need a charge. I guess if it couldn't hold a full day then it would be a problem. I just always viewd the end of the day or the following AM, as a sync and charge ritual. Did anyone get two full days and nights on the 650 battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by foofighter View Post
    In a 3G area?
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simplephone View Post
    ...The learning curve is steep at first but as you get to know the device it becomes more user friendly.
    Honestly i haven't seen much of a learning curve, a lot of the steps you do are pretty common sense things, especially if you are proficient in windows. I was hesitant moving over to WM5 from POS, but honestly i think it's 10x better. It might not be as "quick/fast" but then again it's more versatile and expandable.
    And WM5 syncs beautifully with Windows Vista. It's awesome to be able to browse the phone (I currently have an 8525 until the 750 comes out) with Windows Explorer. It appears just like another drive. Fantastic!
    FYI, Missing Sync 3.0 on a Mac lets you do the same thing. I can mount the Treo as a drive and browse it and it's storage card. As well as sync data.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    And WM5 syncs beautifully with Windows Vista. It's awesome to be able to browse the phone (I currently have an 8525 until the 750 comes out) with Windows Explorer. It appears just like another drive. Fantastic!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post

mmm... I see my Treo as a drive too on windows xp...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    Honestly i haven't seen much of a learning curve, a lot of the steps you do are pretty common sense things, especially if you are proficient in windows. I was hesitant moving over to WM5 from POS, but honestly i think it's 10x better. It might not be as "quick/fast" but then again it's more versatile and expandable.
    I should have noted that I was Mac user.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz101 View Post
    The only bad point about the 750v is that you can't install Chatter Mail on it. I still use my 650 because Chatter is a much better email client that what WM5 offers. Just no comparison for heavy email use. Otherwise the 750v is very nice.