1.    #1  
    well my 700w is busted..it cant run off battery, and when i stick it in the cradle it turns on and says theres low power and in 20 seconds it suspends, and this message keeps popping up when i try to do something and wont go away till the dang thing turns off!
    i just got my replacement from verizon (works fine..)
    so is there any hope or should i start gathering the 150 some numbers i have in there
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Aren't they on your PC too? How did you get them in there to begin with?
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Don't you ever use ActiveSync to sync info from your 700w with your PC/Laptop?
    I usually have my Treo linked to my Laptop when I am not using it and it helps as I like to try new software and just do a hard reset to clean stuff up to be sure everything is gone and syncing the devices lets me keep my info that I ahve saved in my laptop/PC.
  4.    #4  
    they were, but i reloaded windows about a month ago and never installed outlook until just now =/
    so i was just adding them and not backing them up.
    when it powers on for 2-30 seconds i can get it to sync, but it doesnt stay on long enough to backup the numbers!
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    And you didn't back up your PC before reloading it either huh. Sounds like you are screwed.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    And you didn't back up your PC before reloading it either huh. Sounds like you are screwed.
    i backed up certain things, just not my contacts =/
    Do you have any idea what's wrong with the old 700w? It might be the battery.... try putting the battery from the new 700w into the old 700w, although I can't be responsible if your old 700w fries your new battery.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante View Post
    Do you have any idea what's wrong with the old 700w? It might be the battery.... try putting the battery from the new 700w into the old 700w, although I can't be responsible if your old 700w fries your new battery.
    tried that long ago, doesnt do anything thus the reason verizon already replaced it
    Go to file explorer and on the very first screen and at the very bottom will be a file named "pim", just copy and paste that file to your memory card for safe keeping. That file has all your contacts in it. It's nice because when I switched from the PPC-6700 to the 700wx, all I did was copy that file over to my Treo and walaa. There is one thing. When you are getting ready to transfer the file to a new or replacement phone, you need to change the file name. What I do is just add any letter to the end of it, move it to the proper location then rename the file "pim" that's in the new phone. Once you have the file on the replacement phone renamed, you can rename your replacement file to the correct file name of "pim" then you're good to go. Sorry if this sounds confusing.