Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Family friend who works at Cingular store in Santa Ana, Calif. said original release date was mid december. Said it was pushed back one month. It will be here MID JANUARY. OUR PREDICTION JAN 17. Call me what you want... Just remember the name ERTONY Jan 17th when the Treo 750 is released on Cingular.

BooYahhhhhh.... Btw, im getting hooked up for $299.99 with contract.

...and he said it will work with the newly implemented 3G network installed in the Los Angeles Area so high speed for everyone.

...In OC and LA anyway... wheeeeeeeeeee =)

---AND he told me that if its bought outright, they have to give you unlocking. hmmmmm
    Last edited by ertony; 12/20/2006 at 02:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So you're the person who still says, "Booyah?" Hello and welcome to 1995.
    ertony, ask your friend if it has hspda!
  4.    #4  
    Chgo Mike,

...and you still use childish cartoons for your avatar. My 4 year old cousin watches that show. Grow up.

...*****
    Quote Originally Posted by ertony View Post
    Chgo Mike,

...and you still use childish cartoons for your avatar. My 4 year old cousin watches that show. Grow up.

...*****
    Chill out, man.........

Underdog's girlfriend is Sweet Polly Purebred. We should be so lucky.......
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Chgo Mike,

...*****
    got to give credit where credit is due.

that was funny.
    there is nothing wrong with watching cartoons that kids watch nor is there anything wrong with saying booyah... radical!
    I'm tired of hearing so many dates. You don't even know what to believe anymore.
    This just in!

According to leaks inside Cingular corporate, some are now speculating that the middle of February will fall on or around 2/15!!

You heard it here first.
    ...and the 750 is due out on February 30th!
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Booyah!

FYI, the Treo 750v release date thread on Howardforums just moved from testing to approved. Based on other phones history, it probably means we are within 30 days or less from release.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    Booyah!

FYI, the Treo 750v release date thread on Howardforums just moved from testing to approved. Based on other phones history, it probably means we are within 30 days or less from release.
    Bcaslis:

I notice you have both a 680 and I assume are indicating that you will be getting the 750v. I assume you want to go with the 750v because of support on Cingular's new network. Looking at both phones, what do you see as the major advantages of the upcoming 650v over your 680?

I am a gsm'er like you and have been holding on to my unlocked 650 for a while. Ready for an upgrade, just trying to decide between a 680 and a 750v. $ is not really an issue as I buy the phone through the company.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-dale
    Last edited by shadowboxer; 12/22/2006 at 07:58 AM. Reason: correction
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    I already have a 750v, I've had it since mid October. I may try a Cingular 750 to see if there are any improvements there, depending on what changes it has when launched.

For comparison, here is a thread with comments I wrote comparing the two. I will most likely be returning the 680, but I haven't convinced myself to do so. The two main advantages the 680 has for me are that it works well with the bluetooth in my car and Palm OS. It also has a nicer screen. For anything else the 750 is much better. Certainly the phone itself is much better sounding on the 750.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=129693

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
    Bcaslis:

I notice you have both a 680 and I assume are indicating that you will be getting the 750v. I assume you want to go with the 750v because of support on Cingular's new network. Looking at both phones, what do you see as the major advantages of the upcoming 650v over your 680?

I am a gsm'er like you and have been holding on to my unlocked 650 for a while. Ready for an upgrade, just trying to decide between a 680 and a 750v. $ is not really an issue as I buy the phone through the company.

Thanks in advance for your input.

-dale
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    I already have a 750v, I've had it since mid October. I may try a Cingular 750 to see if there are any improvements there, depending on what changes it has when launched.

For comparison, here is a thread with comments I wrote comparing the two. I will most likely be returning the 680, but I haven't convinced myself to do so. The two main advantages the 680 has for me are that it works well with the bluetooth in my car and Palm OS. It also has a nicer screen. For anything else the 750 is much better. Certainly the phone itself is much better sounding on the 750.

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=129693

thanks
    I missed that thread somehow.

I have just made a major realization, please corect me if I wrong. the 750 is and alway will be window OS and 240 x 240 screen, right? somehow, I was thinking the cingular 750 was going to be the equivalent of the 700p on gsm. But I just woke up and realize that I was dreaming before....

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub View Post
    I'm tired of hearing so many dates. You don't even know what to believe anymore.
    Whoa. The only dates thrown around are RUMORS and SPECULATION and GUESSES. They have been posted by people whose neighbor knows someone who is the daughter in law of a friend whose second cousin twice removed once dated a guy whose old high school buddy works at a Cingular store.

When Cingular and/or Palm announce a release date for the 750, then you can believe it.
    Yes, 240x240. However if you aren't familiar with WM5 don't jump to conclusions based on size. In many cases you get the same or more info on screen than with Palm OS. The reason is Palm is a 160x160 format that gets scaled with smoother fonts and sometimes nicer icons on 320x320. Except for photos, there isn't a huge difference with the higher res. For example, most times in IE on WM5, if you have full screen view, you get alot more info than in Blazer, because IE understands different fonts and understands the native resolution.

Also in WM5 you can turn on cleartype in the screen settings. This anti-aliases fonts so things looks much smoother and higher res than the 240x240. Some people hate cleartype but I absolutely love it. With it, the fonts on screen look at least as good if not better to me than on the Palm OS 320x320 display.

This is not to say the Palm OS models don't have better displays. They do. But too many people jump to conclusions based just on the pixel count alone.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
    thanks
    I missed that thread somehow.

I have just made a major realization, please corect me if I wrong. the 750 is and alway will be window OS and 240 x 240 screen, right? somehow, I was thinking the cingular 750 was going to be the equivalent of the 700p on gsm. But I just woke up and realize that I was dreaming before....

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    Whoa. The only dates thrown around are RUMORS and SPECULATION and GUESSES. They have been posted by people whose neighbor knows someone who is the daughter in law of a friend whose second cousin twice removed once dated a guy whose old high school buddy works at a Cingular store.

When Cingular and/or Palm announce a release date for the 750, then you can believe it.
    Incorrect! My neighbors newphews sister is not the one who told me. I PERSONALLY KNOW the fella. It will come out mid January. I assure you. =) And it shall be mine for $299.99. I will show receipts
    Incorrect! My neighbors newphews sister is not the one who told me. I PERSONALLY KNOW the fella. It will come out mid January. I assure you. =) And it shall be mine for $299.99. I will show receipts
    I don't know about anyone else here, but I couldn't give a rodent's buttocks what you pay for it........
  19.    #19  
    looks liek my neighbors cousins sister in law (haha) was right. Its here. Paid my 299 friday Jan 6 and im picking it up today. Ill upload pics. You all will have to wait BOOOOYAH!
    looks liek my neighbors cousins sister in law (haha) was right. Its here. Paid my 299 friday Jan 6 and im picking it up today. Ill upload pics. You all will have to wait BOOOOYAH!

Where are the pics?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast