1.    #1  
    I just jumped on board with Orb on my 700wx, and its great. I've managed to stream tv shows recorded from Beyond TV on my computer, all my other videos, and even youtube. However, I have some questions I was hoping someone could answer.

1) Is there a way to have a media player buffer faster than I'm watching (if I have extra bandwidth) so I can fast forward when I hit a commercial, for example? I tried TCPMP, but it doesnt seem to work that way.... If I hit fast forward even 10 seconds, it takes 10 seconds before the video starts up again.....
    2) Using TCPMP, it seems that everytime I open a new stream, it asks if I want to overwrite the previous file. Does this mean it is saving everything that is being streamed? So a 30 min show will create a huge file? If this is the case, does anyone know the locatiion of this file so I can delete it manually to release the space?
    3) Is there a way to enter a youtube address into the orb program so it will show the video from that link? I want to be able to copy and paste a link sent via email so I can view in orb.

Thanks!
    1) Not that i am aware of. You can enable microdrive mode in tcpmp, but it doesn't seem to do much good.

2) The file is not huge, its a basic playlist file and is only actually a few kilobytes in size. The default location is under my documents and i believe its called stream.asx

3)Once again, i don't think so. I usually just search using the video title that i want to see, or even its tags and 9 times out of 10, the video shows up and i am streaming in no time
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone has figured out a way to do 1 and 3, but even if there isn't, I'm still pretty happy, considering the software is free!
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Are you able to use Orb without the capture card to just stream mp3's & video thats stored on your cpu? Im about to order slingbox so I wont need Orb to stream tv but it would also be great to stream my own music & video.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, you can choose not to stream tv. I have two capture cards, but I disabled live tv streaming because i dont want to screw up any of my Beyond TV recordings.
  6. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Ok,because I dont have a capture card installed so,just to clarify,your stating that Orb will work without a capture card if you plan on just streaming your personal mp3's & video from your cpu,correct?
  7.    #7  
    Yep. Try it out, its free and if you dont like it, you can just uninstall it.
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    How do you setup TCPMP to automatically start streaming instead of windows media player when using ORB?
  9.    #9  
    go into the TCPMP options and settings and then select page and select the file associations page. Check the Windows Metafiles box.
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    So after I switch the setting in TCPMP,will WMP still try to open the url too when streaming or will the default just be TCPMP?
  11.    #11  
    TCPMP only.