1.    #1  
    I started having some issues with Slingplayer (not loading completely, then slowing down the wx so bad I'd have to soft reset). I originally thought it was the little controller today plugin for WeatherPanel (WP-Control). But I did a hard reset today (no backup restore) and I'm getting it again with a mostly stock wx (SMS and Threading patches installed).

The little ball going around the upside down U just stops somewhere near the end and that's it. I can't make it work no matter what I do.

Any ideas, anyone?
    hmm, did you just download that player or are you using the same player as before? Is that the beta version? There was a new iteration of the beta that recently came out. I wonder if that is causing problems. It seems to take a long time to connect for me now too.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I am having the same exact problem today. Anyone come to a conclusion to fix this problem?
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I think I found the problem. It is the .CAB file of the new 1.1 version.

If you install it through ActivSync, it should fix the problem.

Too bad Sling Support didn't believe me. Let us know if this works for you as well.
    Welcome to the SlingBox ppc mobile upgrade SMP_PPC_1.1.0.94_NA
    It,s all about the servers using the old build.The upgrade makes the fix
    enjoy
    http://us.slingmedia.com/page/downloads.html
    You guys are going to think im nuts, but I have the Q and the same exact thing happened. the ball in the U would just stop and i would have to reset the device. I unloaded it and reloaded it and its back to normal.

I would give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    You guys are going to think im nuts, but I have the Q and the same exact thing happened. the ball in the U would just stop and i would have to reset the device. I unloaded it and reloaded it and its back to normal.

I would give it a try.
    I dont think your nuts.Many of the servers will not accept the old verion code.Software crash then accures.
    The slingstream optimizer is much improved in the 1.1.0.94 build
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/20/2006 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Correction