1.    #1  
    Does it also charge the phone? If not, is there a decent synch + charge solution that you prefer?
    yes
    You can plug in the charge cable into the stock sync cable for charging. It does not charge from the usb port however. You can get sync/charge cables that charge via usb. I use this one.

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../5-19--424.htm
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You can plug in the charge cable into the stock sync cable for charging.
    Wowza! I just noticed the port on the bottom of the synch cable. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    That is great...I just noticed the port too!!!!
    why is it that when i let my co worker use my sync cable on his 700p it charges his unit but plugged into my wx i get the shaft for charging capabilities?
    They must be wired slightly differently...

My wx does NOT charge on the factory sync cable.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    They must be wired slightly differently...

My wx does NOT charge on the factory sync cable.
    no there is absolutely no difference dude im looking at both they have the same damn part # and he can sync with mine and i can sync with his just his charges when he plugs into either sync cable mine dont charge at all this pisses me off, us windows users get the shaft. so i have to buy another charger so i will have a total of 3, one for work one for home and one in my car. meanwhile i wish i could use my usb cable because i only sync my treo with my work pc so i wanted it to charge on the sync cable too.
    Last edited by Juggalo_X; 04/11/2007 at 03:21 PM.
    The cable can be modified very easily.

http://ppcgeeks.com/modify-usb-sync-...too-t2367.html
    This mod is 100% working i just did it Thank you Painter for posting the How to link.