Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yep, looks good. Make sure you use a good splitter to limit signal loss.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Yep, looks good. Make sure you use a good splitter to limit signal loss.
    You are the Bestest!

Can't wait to get out of work tonite and hook it up.
    Then I will be able to watch TV on my laptop and Treo
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Finally installed Slingbox at home and also installed the SlingPlayer Mobile on my 700w.

I FULLY support this product!

Laptop use via Wireles connection is great!
    Treo 700w use on the go is great!

I am highly surprised on how good it is!

Definitely worth paying for.
    Definitely going to buy and get SlingPlayer Mobile so I can get it registered

Surprised I didn't see any lag at all on the 700w considering the memory issues.
  4. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    The 700w does preform pretty well with slingBox.I do recomend you research your verzion data coverage area.They have been known for piping down data inturn outskirts of there covergae maps can be slow slow and very slow.It,s a must to have 145 kbps for smooth optmization.When it comes to ORB hmmm ive stayed away from it after a major hack took apart my harddrive when using.
    What major hack are you referring to? are you stating that Orb will damage your harddrive?
    Welcome to the slingers cheerleading team kilim! :-)

The reason it works so good on the 700w is due to it being the original device it was written for back in January.

Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Welcome to the slingers cheerleading team kilim! :-)

The reason it works so good on the 700w is due to it being the original device it was written for back in January.

Enjoy!
    Oh.
    So when they built SlingBox Media PPC, they made it on a Treo 1st?
    Thats great and makes sense why it works well

I was at my apartment in Scarsdale when I tried it out 1st and I was getting VERY good feed.
    I just showed it off at my coworker at my work by the Westchester Airport and the feed is not as good.
    But we are both impressed anyways.

Now I have just toss my phone at my 4 yr old to watch Nickelodeon when he starts getting ansy lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    What major hack are you referring to? are you stating that Orb will damage your harddrive?
    Give this a read
    http://www.refreq.com/downloads/secure.pdf
    I used ORB alot in my Ipaq 6515 days.I jerk tied into my cell data trancmission took information,cloned my cell# thus hacked my my 3000.00$ toshiba qosmio G25 notebook pc spreading my IP All over the freaken world.The bad guys then droped so much trash onto my notebook pc it was just about on fire when I got home after work
    live data connection to Orb was a great gateway not fogetting my friends at t-mobile hint..dont use norton
    Kaspersky is a much better choice
    PDA to ORB-to each his own
    Last edited by slingbox; 12/23/2006 at 12:12 AM.
    I'll comment on Orb, which I've used a little bit. It works fine when streaming to a broadband-connected PC. However, on the treo, the video quality is not as sharp as the PC. Also, the stream to the Treo often ends in some type of error. Finally, the stream in Orb is sometimes choppy, or will certainly stutter occasionally at the very least (yes, on EVDO).

I'm actually curious about the Slingbox because I want to know if the problem I have with Orb is due to the Sprint network, the treo, or Orb. If Slingbox streams relatively smooth to my treo, I would go out and buy it. I may have to "demo" it at some point.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    In EVDO areas, I was getting good Stream using my Treo 700w w/ the SlingBox.
    Then when I was at the non-EVDO 1x area, it would slightly stutter due to the slower broadband access.

So what hannip said above is true.
    If you want to stream with a Slingbox with your Treo, best hope your wireless service has great broadband coverage in your area!

No experience with Orb here

And Yes, Kaspersky and NOD32 > Any other A/V Progs
    Go here to see how each A/V progs compare to each other and see which is best
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/
    [QUOTE=ricoesco;1156903]I'll comment on Orb, which I've used a little bit. It works fine when streaming to a broadband-connected PC. However, on the treo, the video quality is not as sharp as the PC. Also, the stream to the Treo often ends in some type of error. Finally, the stream in Orb is sometimes choppy, or will certainly stutter occasionally at the very least (yes, on EVDO).

I'm actually curious about the Slingbox because I want to know if the problem I have with Orb is due to the Sprint network, the treo, or Orb. If Slingbox streams relatively smooth to my treo, I would go out and buy it. I may have to "demo" it at some point.[quote]

Ive found slings new ppc_1.1.0.94_NA build to have fantastic optamization/buffer.If you get at least 100kbps in you coverage area you will be ok.
    I have a few other factors I am considering - wonder what people would suggest works best in this situation: Slingbox, Orb, MythTV, Hava or something else.

I have a Treo and a laptop (with the unlimited PAM plan) and spend 2 hours a day travelling by train with it.
    I have a desktop PC which currently doesn't have a tv tuner card in it, but we would love to get TV on it.
    I have a standalone DVD recorder with hard drive connected to our entertainment system.
    I have a small cable ready LCD TV in the bedroom that it would be great to get streamed TV on.

Do I go with a slingbox and hook it up to the DVD recorder (which is regularly in use for other stuff)? Or just a slingbox tuner and force myself to watch whatever is on TV when I commute (It's no accident that I am on a train when the Today show is on TV). What do I do if I want to watch the stream at the same time as somebody at home?

Do I go with a TV tuner in the PC and put Orb on my PC (Last time I did that it took up 95% of all processor resources while in standby mode!). This should mean that I can watch pre-recorded TV while somebody watches live TV or that two people watch live TV. Will I be happy with something that eats up processor power on my home PC while providing mediocre video quality compared to the Slingbox (if above posts are taken at face value)?

Do I wait for SnappyMultimedia Hava to release a WM client for their Hava system which allows multiple streams from the same device?

Or do I go with some other solution? Thoughts?
    Sling box = 30ftp=tv quality. Best thing ever for smart phones peroiod. Iphone crap is quite impressive, but as long as Slingmobile is running on WM5, I'm not buying.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    Im seriously thinking about dropping my orb and buying a slingbox av, esp. to have the luxury to switch channels. Three things are holding me back.

1) I'd like to see it on my 700WX first, so if one of you slingers would let me borrow your tv connection for ~20 mins or so, drop me a PM.

2) The fact that you have to buy the WM version. I sent an email to sling media to see if they would give me a registration key if I bought an AV. We shall see where that goes...

3) I also dont really like the fact that each pocketpc has to have its own key, as I also have an Axim X50v, which I would like to use around the house.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've just installed Orb on my desktop and then tried to watch TV on my Treo 700wx. The video comes through super but no sound. I have a Hauppage TV Tuner in the desktop. Is there some setting I need to change in that or in the Orb sw to get the sound coming through? I like the idea of Orb vs. Slingbox partly because the price is right but mostly because I like the idea of having my files all available to me as well. Might consider Slingbox down the road in tandem with Orb to access the files but for now...just want to get a feel for how much I will really use this. Thanks in advance.
    LG flip phone (and Palm E) -> 700w -> 700wx all on Verizon
    If you have a Media Center PC, try out WebGuide 4. Orb has always been hit or miss for me, and WebGuide works as well or better for me than the media center input for my slingbox. Plus it is now free. Don't have the website, but just google WebGuide4.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12