1.    #1  
    I know there's a solution to this, but I'm going to need a bit of help...

As I understand it, WM5 will shift my appts according to the time zone I am in. For example, I live in the Eastern zone (ET). When I am scheduling a flight out of LAX at, say 9am, everything looks good. However, when I am in LA, that same appt will have shifted to 6am...not such a good plan.

I need settings that will prevent that behavior (auto-shifting appts), yet will still show the correct LOCAL time on the phone. That way, of course, I can set a wake up alarm and not have to figure out a 3 hour differential.

Thanks, guys.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Have you tried Spb Time? Not sure if it will help but it might. Use the trial and see.

Greg
  3.    #3  
    I remember reading about 2 different "time" settings in the Preferences; one was for something like "Network Time". Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    Does this mean that Treo/Verizon literally registers the changing time zones themselves as you travel west, or does the on-board clock simply reveal local network time, which happens to be three hours earlier after you disembark from the plane out West?
    -- JMS --
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarlin View Post
    I remember reading about 2 different "time" settings in the Preferences; one was for something like "Network Time". Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    My understanding is this. Under settings->clock & alarm->more, do the following:

- make sure "enable local network time" is checked so that your clock changes to the local time zone; and

- make sure that the "use network time zone" is unchecked so that your appointments are not automatically shifted as you described above.

This seems to work for me. Good luck.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, Kalinsky. I guess that I'll put my 700p on the shelf and go for the 700wx as soon as Verizon decides to stock it.

Strideman - I believe what you're saying is correct if you don't follow Kalinsky's instructions.