Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think i found a way to navigate web pages seamlessly with one hand in pocket internet explorer like blazer on the palm platform does.
    Disclaimer: Always backup before making any changes to your registry.

**Note: This is only really useful if you use the 'one column' view in PIE, if you usually scroll horizontally you have to assign the page up/down keys to something other than right or left on the 5 way**

Anyway, here goes:

-First, close out of Pocket IE if you already have it open
    -Then Using a wm5 registry editor (I used resco regedit): go to -
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\
    - Create a new key. Call it "KeyMaps" (without quotes)
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "37" and give it a DWORD data value of "1" (without quotes)
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "39" and give it a DWORD data value of "2" (without quotes)
    the final result should like like this:

Now go back in PIE
    The result is pretty simple
    Left of the 5-way will page up
    Right on the 5-way will page down
    (Works well only if you have menu>view->one column selected and you don't have to do any horizontal scrolling!)
    you can still walk links as normal when you have them selected with up or down on the 5-way.

You can use pretty much any other button to page up or down. Simply replace the "39" and "37" in the instructions with the code for the key you want. The list of keys can be found on vijays site

Also, i dont know if it makes a difference, but i have PIE Plus installed, and i have not tested this on a regular installation of PIE.
    [PHP][/PHP]
    Is there any way we can get the spacebar to jump to the address bar?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    blake, to go to the address bar, all you have to do is hit option+send
    Nice find! THANKS OP!! I originally had smooth scrolling enabled (up and down page by page), now with this reg hack, I have the feel of my old blazer's controls!! Sweet!

Two things to note:

1) it works on the Treo 750v as well

2) I didn't have PIE plus installed (so it works without it)
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    Great find.
    I generally just use opera mini for a majority of my casual web browsing, partly because it is so very 1-handed. And fast. Just a suggestion.
  7.    #7  
    opera mini uses the java runtime correct?
    this is what I've been waiting for. works great. thanks, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 12/19/2006 at 04:11 PM.
    I know beggars can't be choosers but does anyone know how to get the -up- and -down- nav to do *page by page* and -left- and -right- to do *link by link* ?

The solution above works in reverse but still works great!! Vijays site is helpful for the up and down to do *page by page* but is it even possible to do -left- to -right- to do *link by link*...wow that may have sounded a bit confusing... if so..sorry..
    -Proud Treo 750V (UMTS), 700WX (EVDO) and PPC-6700 (EVDO) owner on the go...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/oly/sets/72157594244138528/" target="_blank">OLY's GADGET PHOTO BLOG</a
    I just love it. Makes scrolling/navigating to links so much easier!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdoc View Post
    blake, to go to the address bar, all you have to do is hit option+send
    That only works though if you're not using full screen view. I wish there was a way to press a button or combination of buttons like option+send to make the address bar appear and make the cursor go to it, when in full screen view.
  12.    #12  
    With PIE Plus you can assign a button to do just that. If i hold down the windows key i jump to the address bar (fullscreen or otherwise), and when i hold it again, i jump back to the body of the webpage - VERY HANDY
    Works on the 8525.

I did mine the opposite,
    it felt more natural for me to use 'right' for pg up,
    and 'left' for pg down.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Works on the 8525.

I did mine the opposite,
    it felt more natural for me to use 'right' for pg up,
    and 'left' for pg down.
    How did you do that? what are the registry tweaks?

Thanks
    Wow!!! fantastic, such a great hack Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by yaktwok View Post
    How did you do that? what are the registry tweaks?

Thanks
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "37" and give it a DWORD data value of "1" (without quotes)
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "39" and give it a DWORD data value of "2" (without quotes)

The Opposite is:

- Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "37" and give it a DWORD data value of "2" (without quotes)
    - Under the newly created "KeyMaps" create a DWORD Value. Name it "39" and give it a DWORD data value of "1" (without quotes)
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    AWESOME! This is the fix that convinced me to finally brave making a registry change. And it worked! Thanks makrotonik.

Anyone else think this should be a sticky?
    Quote Originally Posted by olywogle View Post
    I know beggars can't be choosers but does anyone know how to get the -up- and -down- nav to do *page by page* and -left- and -right- to do *link by link* ?

The solution above works in reverse but still works great!! Vijays site is helpful for the up and down to do *page by page* but is it even possible to do -left- to -right- to do *link by link*...wow that may have sounded a bit confusing... if so..sorry..
    bump... Having Blazer style navigation would be great!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    was hopin 38 (Up) and 40 (Down) would do the trick, but didn't seem to have any effect (scrolling by page using up/down on the D-pad...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Is there also such a great hack that I can jump (navigate) back in the PIE with the windows key???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast