1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any statements or evidence that Palm is going to make the 750 GSM available to the public directly for full price? This would be for a non-carrier specific, unlocked option similar to the 680's distribution. I know that this is an intended business device and I hope that Vodaphone and Cingular are not going to be the only ways to get one of these.

Can anyone confirm anything for sure at this point?

Thanks,

-THP
    Think First, ask questions later!
    I heard today from the guys at the PALM store here in Orlando that they got a memo and it is on the list, but NO price on it yet. SO YES I would say so.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I was on the fence about 2 weeks ago about the 750, until i found out that "if/when" Palm decides to sell it unlocked or even whenever it'll go on sale it will most likely be around $600 or so. I have TMobile and am not going to change, so i just went ahead and bout a Vodaphone one with a 1gb MiniSD card for $600. I hated the fact that my 650 (when i bought it, it was the only one out) has a cingular brand
    ok, i will admit that i haven't followed along from the beginning. why the immense price difference between the 680 (unlocked @ $400) and the 750 ($600++)?

it's a sincere question that is most easily answered by someone familiar with the 750 device.

thanks in advance!
    Cost of licensing WM5 versus the cheaper/older POS 5
    UMTS/HSDPA Radio
    Rubberized paint (small cost)
    1.3mp camera
    R&D on the Treo 750 was probably higher (first UMTS WM5 phone for Palm).
    Every unlocked GSM device from Palm with the exception of the 680 has had a starting price of $650. The 680 does a lot to cost corners, camera, radio. Also if you had held the two in your hand, the 680 feels nice and solid, but the 750 just feels like a much higher quality product. Although the specs don't really tell this, it also feels a tiny bit smaller and lighter. The soft touch paint is absolutely fantastic to hold.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    How did u get a 750V for $600.00????
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus Man View Post
    Does anyone have any statements or evidence that Palm is going to make the 750 GSM available to the public directly for full price? This would be for a non-carrier specific, unlocked option similar to the 680's distribution. I know that this is an intended business device and I hope that Vodaphone and Cingular are not going to be the only ways to get one of these.

Can anyone confirm anything for sure at this point?

Thanks,

-THP
    You can buy unlocked Palm 750v GSM/3G phones in Singapore and Indonesia. They are Vodaphone branded but you can use them with any carrier, no restrictions whatsoever.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking517 View Post
    How did u get a 750V for $600.00????
    Bought it from another treocentral member

Check the marketplace, i've seen a bunch of people selling their 750's for about the same price......less than $700

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...84#post1154084
    Last edited by Manaz101; 12/19/2006 at 12:06 PM.