Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Hi, I need some help. I downloaded and installed pdanet the other day after reading a lot of praise about it. I used it for awhile one night. The next day I checked my online account with my service provider (Bell Mobility) and it showed all the data usage.
    Why is this happening. I used the default settings and left the username and password blank.

Help
    Sorry to hear about the charges but PDAnet is just a 3rd party app that helps make tethering easier. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe there is anything that says that it will prevent tethering charges when using this app.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    HI, Yes I know that it doeas not say "will avoid usage charges" but it can and does for others. I just want to know if I am using it wrong. and get some help by someone who knows the app well.
    Do you have unlimited data? PDANet is not going to "hide" the data going through your phone. If you're data is metered you'll pay.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Really? I guess I misunderstood what I was reading. I have a basic 4 MB data plan.
    I thought that the app hid it. That sucks.
    The unlimited is like $100/month.
    Quote Originally Posted by audicy View Post
    Really? I guess I misunderstood what I was reading. I have a basic 4 MB data plan.
    I thought that the app hid it. That sucks.
    The unlimited is like $100/month.
    Nope, it can't hide the data going through the phone thus the carrier. I don't think that's even possible, afterall, it's their tap.

A smartphone without an unlimited data plan is nearly useless in IMO. WOW! $100 for unlimited is CRAZY! My U.S. carrier charges $15. Certainly there're better data providers in Canada?