1.    #1  
    Ok so my 700w(verizon) after a year has been having issues and some that have been an ongoing issue but no need to get fixed right away as i rarely use them.....some problems are:
    1. cant receive a text more than 160 characters(otherwise i get half of it and then another text stating an error message) this happened since day one.
    2. i cant send a picture message (mms) (invalid destination address error everytime)
    3. I cant recieve a pic either....when i get a pic it goes right to www.vzwpix.com and then i get a text saying that i have revcieved a picture message and i need to log into vzwpics.com in order to veiw it but with no sound even if they add audio.
    4. Voice command wont work (i beleive its the memmaid problem)
    5. latley its just been locking up on me when using IE
    6. and then for ****z and gigglez i just added in that it hard resets on me every now and then lol

so i call Customer service and speak with the data team and tell them i need a replacement phone......i dont have a land line as i use my treo for everything....he said he cant do a thing until they trouble shoot and that its prolly a third party software issue.....i explained to him that i know this phone like the back of my hand and i know all the programs i have on it also and that these problems are occuring due to the hardware.....well he wouldnt have it and said he cant do a thing until i call from a land line and we hard reset and test all this stuff out.....whats the easiest way around this so i can get a fresh devise? thanks
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Perhaps going into a Verizon corportate store and talking a rep there into exchanging your phone.

A friend of mine was having trouble with his 700p, brought it to a Verizon store, showed them the problem, and they did a swap right then and there.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    #1 on your list is true for EVERY phone on the planet - the SMS system is limited to 10 characters, so anything bigger gets split up. Yes sure you might be able to SEND on a different phone something bigger, but the cellular system will split it inot 160char packets so the recipient will get multiple messages.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    #1 on your list is true for EVERY phone on the planet - the SMS system is limited to 10 characters, so anything bigger gets split up. Yes sure you might be able to SEND on a different phone something bigger, but the cellular system will split it inot 160char packets so the recipient will get multiple messages.
    no i get the text like normal with like 159 characters and then i get a text with an error message...i dont receive the original text in full
    I've had Verizon for almost a year, and I've had a few replacement Treos and never had an issue with customer service. Here is what I suggest....Call them up and tell them that you have been having issues with your phone. Tell them you've done a few hard resets and that this has not solved the problem. If they ask if you have any Third Party software on there, just tell them "No" (They like to blame all their problems on third party software) Explain to them that these issues have persisted and that it happens much more than should be expected. With that they should just send you a replacement phone. It's always worked for me. Hope this helps
    And this is to go even further, BEYOND....
    verizon customer is the worst I can see. Always blame the customers for their problems.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Another consideration is, if you have any hardware issues (e.g., a faulty headphone jack), there is little that can be done over the phone to troubleshoot such issues. This makes it more likely that CS will simply send a replacement rather than waste your time with multiple hard resets trying to resolve software issues.
    Last edited by kalinsky; 03/30/2007 at 08:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    I've had Verizon for almost a year, and I've had a few replacement Treos and never had an issue with customer service. Here is what I suggest....Call them up and tell them that you have been having issues with your phone. Tell them you've done a few hard resets and that this has not solved the problem. If they ask if you have any Third Party software on there, just tell them "No" (They like to blame all their problems on third party software) Explain to them that these issues have persisted and that it happens much more than should be expected. With that they should just send you a replacement phone. It's always worked for me. Hope this helps

Everything he said, I second it, The most important part is when you tell them that you have already done a hard reset, that is like their last option, when that fails, they have no other soultion other then sending you a new phone.