1.    #1  
    One of my deal sites posted a link on a Slingbox for $109 on buy.com using google checkout. I have not pulled the trigger yet but this a great deal on this hardware.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...p=1&adid=17662
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintoro View Post
    One of my deal sites posted a link on a Slingbox for $109 on buy.com using google checkout. I have not pulled the trigger yet but this a great deal on this hardware.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...p=1&adid=17662
    Thanks for posting! I pulled the trigger right away!
    Thank you for the lead. I also have purchased the product. Is there anythng special I will need to use with a Mac computer? I understand that the Slingbox is currently mac compatable, correct? Gary
    I think Slingplayer is only in a beta stage with the Mac.....
  5. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Do you also need to purchase a TV tuner card also & install it on your cpu,or is everything already included with the slingbox package?
    It's not like Orb, it doesn't use your PC at all. There is nothing else to buy. Just hook up your cablebox, tivo, etc to the slingbox and connect the slingbox to your home router and that's it. You then install the slingplayer software on your treo or laptop to view what's on your cablebox, tivo, etc.
  7. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Thats good news because I dont really like to leave my cpu on maintaning an open internet connection while I'm traveling (security reasons). I'm about to purchase it right now then!
  8. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Are you able to watch media content you have stored on your hard drive on your PC like video or mp3's in addition to your cable box & DVR? Also,does your cpu have to remain on or just the modem?
    The slingbox will sling any input you connect to it. You can even hook up a camera to monitor your house if you want. The player can switch between inputs. It uses IR transmitters to control things such as a tivo or cablebox, though you can code up any IR codes to control other devices as needed. If your PC can be controlled by IR then you can stream video or mp3's from it.

The slingbox connects to your router. The PC doesn't need to be running.