1.    #1  
    ok, I haven't quite figured it out. sometimes I don't receive voicemail notifications. I was told yesterday that someone left me a message that I didn't know about. I remembered them calling and not answering. anyhow I dialed my voicemail to see what other messages I had. I had five. one that I knew about and must not have deleted. and 4 that I didn't know. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but every once in a while I would miss a call and see a new voicemail, I would dismiss the notification and just call them back. could this dismiss all future voice mail notifications as well. either that or when I get one message and never respond the newer ones never get notified.

anyhow, does anyone else seem to be have issues with receiving voicemails that you were never notified about.

thanks, cody
    I had a similar problem a while ago, but it was with Sprint not actually sending VM notifications to my phone. As far as what you're talking about, I've noticed that behavior. On our phone, if you get a VM and just dismiss it, you won't get another new notification if someone ELSE calls and leaves a new message. I don't understand why, but the same thing happens to me. In fact, the situation you described has happened to me on more than one occasion, where all of a sudden, I have 5 messages and a bunch of people wondering where I could possibly be, having not returned their calls.

Annoying as it may be, the only fix for this I have found is immediately checking VM and then quickly deleting it if need be, to clear the queue or whatever so I get any new notifications.
    END OF LINE
    I've had this problem, too.

Totally unacceptable.
    Sprints voicemail notifications on there CDMA network has been a problem for hmmm lets say forever.Theres a simple fix to it though.Deal with it for sprint has no plans in the future to remedy this issue in there current network structure.There looking ahead to WIMAX inturn the handset upgrade will be needed.Bingo you now have voicemail hits from towers.
    wow, i just missed an important voicemail yesterday. luckly the big boss was nice enough to call me back today. i didn't even recieve a missed call notification either. then i decided to dial my voicemail and check just a minute ago. I had 28 new voicemail!!! wtf....from last week to yesterday. no notifications!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by havieri23 View Post
    wow, i just missed an important voicemail yesterday. luckly the big boss was nice enough to call me back today. i didn't even recieve a missed call notification either. then i decided to dial my voicemail and check just a minute ago. I had 28 new voicemail!!! wtf....from last week to yesterday. no notifications!!!
    remember the only way you will get voice mail notifications is if you never have unanswered voicemails sitting in your box. so you could say "never hit the dismiss button". lol
    Notifications hmmm
    I will never miss one again
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Notifications hmmm
    I will never miss one again
    you will if you dont answer the darn voice mail from earlier. did you know about this. call your cell from a landline. leave a message. then when your cell gives the voice mail notification hit dismiss. dont hit listen. then do the landline call agian and leave another message. i bet you dont get another voicemail notification. you will get the missed call one but no more voice mail notifications.
    I dont hit dismiss.I have Vib reminder/LED reminder and Alert sound reminder.If I dont want to deal with voice mail I turn off alerts and icon sits there waiting for me to turn alerts on the next day.alerts sound I listen to v-mail
    I always thought it worked like this:
    - You get a voicemail, you're initially notified of the voicemail both by a displayed message and an icon in the top bar.
    - Even if you hit dismiss, you'll still have the voicemail icon displayed until you actually check your voicemails and save/delete each of them. You'll also have the Voicemail softkey displayed.
    - Any subsequent notifications will be only for missed calls (NOT voicemails), yet you should still have the original icon displayed.

Are you using a program, such as Wisbar Advance, that may be not displaying the default notification icon? Do you have multiple notifications so its showing a little balloon instead of the voicemail icon?

I know for me, I have the tendency to not check a voicemail when I know who its from/know what its about. Then I forget to check for more after any other missed calls.
    cody... I just HAPPENED to check my VM just now. 7 new messages! Now I have a serious problem. Anything change for you?
    END OF LINE
    I have the Samsung i730 with Windows Mobile 5 on it and I've actually been experiencing the exact opposite problem; I've been getting voice mail notifications when I have no new voice mails! I keep hitting 'dismiss' and the the thing keeps popping back up!
    i have found out i have the same problem. one day i decided to check my vmail and foudn out i had 8vmails...oh boy was i pissed...i think i found out why it does it. i dont understand why it happens cause i never had problems with my sanyo 9000. If i get called and get a voicemail and DONOT check it, i will get no other vmail notifications butif i check it and delete it i am fine. I also had the problem with checking my vmail and then saving it and then on longer receiving vmail notifications. So for me it seems as if i cant save any vmails.
    I haven't had this issue, yet. Though, I normally do listen to my VM's soon after I notice them. So I never really have more than one sitting in the VM box. I know I do hit dismiss a few times, but I seem to remember still getting notified on any upcoming new VM's.

EDIT: I just tested it out, still no problems...
    - I called myself, left VM
    - I hit dismiss, after seeing the notification for the call and VM.
    - I called again, left VM.
    - I saw another notification for the call and VM again. I hit dismiss again
    - I still see the VM icon on the top bar.
    - Called to check VM and listened and deleted only 1 message, then hung up.
    - Called to check VM and listened and deleted the remaining VM.
    - VM icon dissappeared as soon as I deleted the message.

One thing to keep in mind, I am in an EVDO network during this whole process.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 04/04/2007 at 01:38 PM.
    I performed another test:
    - I called myself, left VM
    - I hit dismiss, after seeing the notification for the call and VM.
    - I called a 2nd time, left VM.
    - I hit dismiss again after seeing the new notification for the call and VM again.
    - Checked VM and listened, then hung up.
    - Checked VM and listened to the other new VM, then saved it.
    - VM icon dissappeared as soon as this was done.
    - I called myself and left VM.
    - New notification appeared on the phone, including the VM icon on the top bar also.

Again, I am still in the EV-DO network.
    eddie hmm we went over this yeterday in ppc.So your CLSID in not clearing your pending and not showing the new.Dud do a hardreset and start form scratch.Some 3rd part app has screwd up your reg.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    eddie hmm we went over this yeterday in ppc.So your CLSID in not clearing your pending and not showing the new.Dud do a hardreset and start form scratch.Some 3rd part app has screwd up your reg.
    I was just performing a test for those mentioning they had problems. As of now, I'm not experiencing any problems of not receiving any new VM notifications. The Treo Alerts issue was another thing, but I've removed it anyways.
    I too am having this problem, and also with the missed call notification poppling up after weird intervals. VZW 700wx.
  19. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Has anyone resolved this issue? I also have a ringtone alert especially for voicemail & it doesn't even play much less show a new vm icon. I AM using Wisbar Advance 2 though. Could that be an issue?