Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Those who have both the 680 and 750: Does the 750 have the same good for nothing LED the 680 has?

    Have you been able to have the LED indicate, missed calls, voicemail, email, SMS?

    Can it only be seen at a straight on angle like this silly little 680?

    Thanks
  2. BamaATL's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #2  
    You can enable the LED by modifying the registry. I have this working for email and SMS. Don't think it works for voicemail and missed calls.

    As far as the viewing angle, I haven't noticed any issues seeing the LED flash.
  3. mcapiro's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #3  
    Tiger can you let us know what the registry change is... I know that by installing and then un-installing phonealarm you accomplish essentially the same thing but would like to know of an easier way should I have to do this again in the future.

    Thanks
  4. BamaATL's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #4  
    Each of the Notification categories has a matching entry in the registry
    They can be found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Notifications.

    Each of the Notification categories has an "Options" parameter and a "Duration" parameter.

    The "Options" parameter defines what should happen during the notification.
    The "Duration" parameter defines the duration in minutes that the LED should flash.

    Here is a list of the notification options:

    Notification flag Value Description
    NOTIF_SOUND 0x00000001 Sound notification.
    NOTIF_VIBRATE 0x00000002 Vibrate notification.
    NOTIF_FLASH 0x00000004 ROM notification.
    NOTIF_MESSAGE 0x00000008 Message notification.

    For both Email and SMS I have the Options set to 7 and the Duration set to 3000. So looking at the notification list above
    7 = NOTIF_SOUND(1) + NOTIF_VIBRATE(2) + NOTIF_FLASH(4).

    As you can see, I have disabled the NOTIF_MESSAGE. This was because the LED would stop flashing once the popup message on the phone went away. You can play with these values to see what works best for you.
  5. mcapiro's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #5  
    Thanks for the info.. I'm sure there are quite a few people who will find this helpful.
  6. #6  
    Hi, I'm developing a freeware app called Treo Tweaks.

    This app enables some tricks for treo 750v like enabling SMS/MMS receipt notifications (spanish Treos have them disabled), making configurable Web Search Today Plugin, customizable radio on/off screens and sounds and now, with TigerShark's help, led enabling for notifications.

    I have a first version (incompleted yet) downloadable from TodopocketPC.com (sorry, spanish version only right now).

    Ok, I'm trying reinventing the wheel, but I think it's usefull for preventing wrong registry modifications.

    If you want to use it, you'll need .NET Compact Framework 2.0
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerShark View Post
    Each of the Notification categories has a matching entry in the registry
    They can be found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Notifications.

    Each of the Notification categories has an "Options" parameter and a "Duration" parameter.

    The "Options" parameter defines what should happen during the notification.
    The "Duration" parameter defines the duration in minutes that the LED should flash.

    Here is a list of the notification options:

    Notification flag Value Description
    NOTIF_SOUND 0x00000001 Sound notification.
    NOTIF_VIBRATE 0x00000002 Vibrate notification.
    NOTIF_FLASH 0x00000004 ROM notification.
    NOTIF_MESSAGE 0x00000008 Message notification.

    For both Email and SMS I have the Options set to 7 and the Duration set to 3000. So looking at the notification list above
    7 = NOTIF_SOUND(1) + NOTIF_VIBRATE(2) + NOTIF_FLASH(4).

    As you can see, I have disabled the NOTIF_MESSAGE. This was because the LED would stop flashing once the popup message on the phone went away. You can play with these values to see what works best for you.
    It works for email and messages notifications, but it doesn't work for missed calls notifications. Maybe it uses different constants?
  8. BamaATL's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    #8  
    I doubt it, but who knows.

    It could be an OS / Treo problem. I don't recall getting the LED to flash for missed calls when I had PhoneAlarm installed either.
  9. #9  
    The fact is that phoneAlarm alerts by blinking led on missed calls (I tested it). But I'm unable to find the correct registry value for this.

    I suppose phone alarm manages the notifications itself.
  10. #10  
    I suppose you could export your registry before and after setting the led blink for missed calls feature in phonealarm. Then do a diff between them to see what changed. Although it could be that phonealarm controls the led itself for missed calls. Worth a try. I don't have time right now to do it or I would.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I suppose you could export your registry before and after setting the led blink for missed calls feature in phonealarm. Then do a diff between them to see what changed. Although it could be that phonealarm controls the led itself for missed calls. Worth a try. I don't have time right now to do it or I would.
    Thanks, but I've done this without success; there are only notifications on phone alarm keys. So I assume that is phonealarm who handles the led for missed calls.
  12. #12  
    Yep, you're right. I thought I could capture the registry while the led alert was active and find the settings PA uses, but there weren't any other than system state data and active notifications entries. Nothing there that we could use for a simple reg change solution.
  13. #13  
    hi, could someone pls inform as to how to tweak the registry... where exactly do i look to find the notification categories ...never done that before but would love to try it out - thx.
  14. Rino808's Avatar
    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #14  
    you can try this app called NLED...it enables the led to blink when you have a missed call, voicemail, new sms, new mail, etc...

    its in this link here...http://mobilitytoday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14829
  15. #15  
    Thank u so much ... i read it .. but seems like quite a complicated process to install - afraid i might screw up my machine... is there a step by step guide or something?

    thx
  16. #16  
    wm5 piles up a bunch of notification scripts when I activate led alerts for sms, email, reminders, etc, over time.

    You can download "sktools" or the like to check if you also have a whole bunch of scripts piled up. I had over 100 for some reason. Deleted them, and phone is much faster.

    I think you can google this problem with wm5, or go to XDA-developers website. But hey, if you have no problems with the phone, then it's all good

    After a while, mine started to mess up (ie: stop giving me reminders, alarms doesn't work, and sometimes when I turn on the phone the alarms/sounds would go crazy). Some explanations people came up with included soft reseting at the wrong time (like you know when's the best time to soft reset), not going into wm5 "standby" mode before soft resetting, etc.

    It's sad that I have to fix this by not using the led alarms which are so useful. So wm5 has its bugs too, and this one is particularly annoying.

    I have the 8525 by the way, but it is a known WM5 problem.
  17. #17  
    hehe, it's funny since that script was written right here at treocentral. No need to go to mobilitytoday to get it.

    Here is the original with instructions.
    http://dev.discussion.treocentral.co...d.php?t=132525

    To get the latest version of MortScript you can download it from here.
    http://mort.sto-helit.de/index.php?m...n=view&menu=29
    Unzip the file and go to the cabs folder. You want to install the PPC cab file.
  18. #18  
    I just realized I don't have a LED light on my Cingular Treo 750, but I do on my Vodapone Treo 750v. Does everyone else have a LED on the Cingular version? Looking at the Palm website, it doesn't show a LED light. Interesting.


    Edit: I do have a light, but it's not a clear opening like the 750v. So when the light is not active it doesn't show.
    Last edited by brmcguire; 02/07/2007 at 01:26 PM.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by brmcguire View Post
    I just realized I don't have a LED light on my Cingular Treo 750, but I do on my Vodapone Treo 750v. Does everyone else have a LED on the Cingular version? Looking at the Palm website, it doesn't show a LED light. Interesting.


    Edit: I do have a light, but it's not a clear opening like the 750v. So when the light is not active it doesn't show.
    Yeah, I kinda like the fact that it's hidden by the paint until it's on..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  20. #20  
    Is there anyone else that would like to see the LED turn on or flash for Bluetooth if for nothing else? I use my BT headset or GPS in the car. When I get to where I am going I often forget to disable BT on my 750. So I may go all day eating up valuable battery not knowing my BT radio is on.

Posting Permissions