Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    2 things make me eagerly anticipate Cingular's release of the 750: the camera (1.3 vs. .3 no-brainer) and the ability to multitask (switching between apps constantly when using a translator for an e-book is an example).

2 things that make it a tough choice: the resolution and the apps.
    Oh, yeah, and the fact that the 750 has that rubberized casing doesn't hurt things. And another downside to the 750 would be the higher price for it from Cingular.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
    The other big issue for me with compatibility with the bluetooth in my car. The 680 works, the 750 works with lots of bugs. Basically have to soft reset the 750 everytime I get in the car.
    quoted as I have exactly the same comparing previous Treo 650 with actual 750v.
    matro 180->270->600->650->750v->680->Pro
    I owned both devices. bottom line is simple: stability. the 750 wasn't stable - I wasted HOURS trying to get the machine back up to where it was meant to be. and I mean HOURS evert day or two. When it all worked it was great, but it never stayed that way for long. crashes, resets etc. sometimes it would take TWO HOURS to come out of a crash (resets didn't work). that meant no phone app. sometimes the phone just wouldn't answer. it drove me crazy.

The 680 on the other hand (which is the device I am sending this from) has been totally stable. it basically worked out of the box, and apart from the battery life (i also keep a spare battery) its like a better version of my 650.

Oh, and while it doesn't have 3G or multitasking, in a comparison of switching apps on the multitasking 750 to the 'reload it completely' 680, I actually found it QUICKER on the 680!!!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I owned both devices. bottom line is simple: stability. the 750 wasn't stable - I wasted HOURS trying to get the machine back up to where it was meant to be. and I mean HOURS evert day or two. When it all worked it was great, but it never stayed that way for long. crashes, resets etc. sometimes it would take TWO HOURS to come out of a crash (resets didn't work). that meant no phone app. sometimes the phone just wouldn't answer. it drove me crazy.
    can you explain what you were doing to "get the machine back ... where it was meant to be"...? thx
    cortez
    Xda Orbit 2 / Sprint Diamond / Samsung Epix / Touch HD
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123