Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whooo! I am pretty psyched! Our own TreoCentral's Hannip is looking into porting the folder swapping feature from the 750v over to the 700 series!

With any luck, Hannip can crack the case of the missing file!

Thanks Hannip!

If anyone can do it, its hannip.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #3  
    I am 100% with you. If there was one person I could pick to work on it, Hannip would be the one. No doubt!
    I thought this was a aku thing. why doesn't hannip just give us the new aku or maybe just a new rom.

where did you see this hannip guy working on this?
    Rich sent me a PM and asked me some questions about it and I said I would look into it when I get a chance.

As far as a new rom is concerned, I'm not sure there are tools available to do that on a WM5 treo. If there are nobody has been able to do it yet. If there was an AKU update from Palm for the 700wx people might be more willing to try this, but since there isn't one any new rom update would be permanent. Who's gonna wanna test that?
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    where did you see this hannip guy working on this?
    i knew this would get your attention. lol

Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Rich sent me a PM and asked me some questions about it and I said I would look into it when I get a chance.

As far as a new rom is concerned, I'm not sure there are tools available to do that on a WM5 treo. If there are nobody has been able to do it yet. If there was an AKU update from Palm for the 700wx people might be more willing to try this, but since there isn't one any new rom update would be permanent. Who's gonna wanna test that?

i was really just joking about all this. i realize that you're not a programer working for palm. everyone thinks you can do anything. i would like to see this folder thing, but i thought i saw you saying that you were going to continue the work on the bluetooth thing this holiday season.

it sounds like you got a lot of work a head of you. i dont understand why your still trying when your going to the 750. trader. lol

anyhow, thanks buddy for all your work on the site.

bty.. fyi... i have insurance and a buddy that works for sprint service and repair. i'm not afraid of trying a new rom, aku, or anything you can come up with. i'm not going to be just anyones beta tester, but i will for you hannip. you got my number, just let me know.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    everyone thinks you can do anything.
    Of course he can do anything, hes Hannip!
    Lol, well seeing how Cingular keeps pushing out the date for the 750 I may never see it!
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post

bty.. fyi... i have insurance and a buddy that works for sprint service and repair. i'm not afraid of trying a new rom, aku, or anything you can come up with. i'm not going to be just anyones beta tester, but i will for you hannip. you got my number, just let me know.
    Me too, and am willing to beta test as needed.
    Any update/hope for this hack? If you need additional beta testers I am willing to step up as well.

Russ
    I'm always happy to test. I have faith in Hannip
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'll help test it out if you need hannip. Just shoot me a PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Sorry for getting sidetracked. I'll start playing with the dll's again. In the meantime take a look at this simple script I wrote. It uses MortScript to allow folder switching.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...64&postcount=5
    Hannip how do we install the script?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Install MortScript to your device. The install program is referenced in the op of the thread in my previous post. I've also attached the cab file here. Then copy the script somewhere on your device. I just put it in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript. Then either run it directly or assign a button to run it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  16.    #16  
    Hannip! This is a great solution! Thanks for working on it. I was curious what button you assigned to it? Either way, this is really great to not have to use the stylus.

Is there a downside of using the mortscript application (does it slow the Treo down or eat up ram/run in the background)?

Did you make any other mortscript apps? This is really nice!

Let us know when you play around with the DLL's, I would be happy to help!

Thanks,

A very grateful!
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by RichKlein View Post

Did you make any other mortscript apps? This is really nice!

Let us know when you play around with the DLL's, I would be happy to help!

Thanks,

A very grateful!
    Rich
    in the windows mobile software part of treocentral there is a thread with other scrips. I don't know what cause i'm to scared to try.
    here is a link to the other thread, for those who can't find it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=132525
    There is no slowdown and nothing running in the background. Nothing to be scared of either. MortScript is very small and performs miracles as you can see.
    How do you assign a button to it? I run it and sometimes I can navigate through the folders w/out a stylus, but then it just stops working. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. It does work though. I just can't get it to work right after I use it. It seems if I run it, then go to outlook and either hold my 5 way up, or sometimes press the center button it brings up my folders. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Hannip thanks for doing this by the way.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast