Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    lol. What is it that I'm being accused of? I'm not leaving Palm or these forums. You haven't ever upgraded a Palm device before?

What is it that you have assigned to the hardware button(s) now? It's simple to have MortScript pop up a menu so that you can do multiple things from that one button. Also you can easily have it react differently depending on what app is in focus. Let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do to please you.
    i'm just joking about you going to the 750. i guess i'm kind of jealous. anyhow, i have my keylight assigned to the side key which i use everyday. the ok key is my task manager. i dont know how you really can help me but i appreciate the offer. i did a little research on writng scripts and it seems to be something beyond my capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i'm just joking about you going to the 750. i guess i'm kind of jealous. anyhow, i have my keylight assigned to the side key which i use everyday. the ok key is my task manager. i dont know how you really can help me but i appreciate the offer. i did a little research on writng scripts and it seems to be something beyond my capabilities.
    What if you could have that side button still control the keylight unless you are in the mail app where it would open the folder in that case?

Code:
    # MultiSwitch.mscr - calls keylight unless in mail app where it opens folders
    #   screen tap to open mail folders.

current = ActiveProcess()

If ( current eq "tmail.exe" )
    	activeWin = ActiveWindow()
    	MouseClick( activeWin, 10, 10 )
    Else
    	Run( "\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\KeyLight.lnk" )    
    EndIf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 01/01/2007 at 10:50 AM.
    i thought that the button did what it did no matter what app you had opened. like in this post.

When you run it when tmail is not the app in focus there is a short delay before the folders will display. This is to give tmail some time to open in case it is not running. Once you assign a button to it you can press the button while tmail is in focus and the folders will pop up instantly.

To assign the script to a button just go to start-settings and select the buttons control panel app. Pick a button and select FolderSwitch for the app to run.
    now if the button did a different things in different apps.... that would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i thought that the button did what it did no matter what app you had opened. like in this post.

now if the button did a different things in different apps.... that would be cool.
    Your wish is granted. See my last post.
    Your wish is granted. See my last post.
    you've got to be freaking kidding me... have you ever thought about going into sales.
    lol, my problem would be that I'd give everything away though.
    ok, i installed mortscript. put the mulitswitch in the right folder.assigned it to my hard key. and ..... all is great. you are da man.

thank agian hannip.

cody
    My goal is complete.
  9.    #49  
    Wow, so with that last script, if your in the Poutlook app & hit the side button, it will open the folder list? Did I read that correctly? (I see you need to assign the script to the side key)?

I currently have the side key assigned to voice command, would that still work?
    You don't have to assign it to the side key, but if you want a version like the one I wrote cody, but call VC when not in poutlook, try this.

Code:
    # MultiSwitch2.mscr - calls voice command unless in mail app where it opens folders
    #   screen tap to open mail folders.

current = ActiveProcess()

If ( current eq "tmail.exe" )
    	activeWin = ActiveWindow()
    	MouseClick( activeWin, 10, 10 )
    Else
    	Run( "\Windows\Voice Command.lnk" )    
    EndIf
    Edit: while testing this I was trying different voice commands. I wanted to see if it said "You're welcome" in response to a "Thank you", but what I got was a "U2" song playing on WMP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 01/01/2007 at 11:56 AM.
    Now I can have my cake and eat it! I didn't want to give up on my side button, which I use for VC.

Just making sure: Once I install MortScript, where do I then install the custom script? And how do I then make a shortcut for the Startup folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Now I can have my cake and eat it! I didn't want to give up on my side button, which I use for VC.

Just making sure: Once I install MortScript, where do I then install the custom script? And how do I then make a shortcut for the Startup folder?
    You can put the scripts pretty much anywhere. I put them in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript.

You don't need to put these in the startup folder. You just assign it to a button using the Buttons control panel app under start-settings.
  13.    #53  
    Hannip! That is excellent! Thanks so much. Please let us know your paypal address so we can send a few dollars for these types of projects (which will spur you & others on to making more programs!).
  14.    #54  
    BTW, is there a reg tweak to speed up the side button delay? I think I would prefer no delay at all.
    I set my sidekey to get the folder view. This makes it so much easier. Thanks.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I'm having a bit of trouble determining what program to assign the Hold Side button to; I currently have it assigned to Voice Command, but would like Hannip's script to alternate between VC and POutlook.

In Settings|Buttons, I can't locate Folder Switch. Does this mean that I don't have MortScript installed correctly?
    Last edited by neill; 01/01/2007 at 04:56 PM.
    I'm having a bit of trouble determining what program to assign the Hold Side button to; I currently have it assigned to Voice Command, but would like Hannip's script to alternate between VC and POutlook.

In Settings|Buttons, I can't locate Folder Switch. Does this mean that I don't have MortScript installed correctly?
    The script you want is called MultiSwitch2.
    I installed the Multiswitch 2 script inside the MortScript folder. And I have VC mapped to the side button. When POutlook is open and I press the side button, it engages VC- it doesn't open to the folder tree. Where did I go wrong?
  19.    #59  
    You need to put the script itself (the shortcut might work but I didnt try that), in the /windows/startmenu/programs/mortscript directory (anywhere in programs is fine).

Then goto your buttons & change the "side button" to from starting voicecommand, to starting "multiswitch2".

Then your all set.

Next up is to change the time it takes for the side button to respond (this is for both voicecommand and folder view):

Reduce Hold Time for side button:
    \HKLM\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD

Change the D word value PressAndHoldDelay to what ever you want, original is 1000

I changed mine to 250.

(I am quoting someone from TC, but I am not sure who).
    I installed the Multiswitch 2 script inside the MortScript folder. And I have VC mapped to the side button. When POutlook is open and I press the side button, it engages VC- it doesn't open to the folder tree. Where did I go wrong?
    You need to assign the side button to MultiSwitch2.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast