Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When you run it when tmail is not the app in focus there is a short delay before the folders will display. This is to give tmail some time to open in case it is not running. Once you assign a button to it you can press the button while tmail is in focus and the folders will pop up instantly.

To assign the script to a button just go to start-settings and select the buttons control panel app. Pick a button and select FolderSwitch for the app to run.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Another "thank you", hannip. This is working great for me (no more almost running off the road while trying to change folders!).
    A HUGE thank you to Hannip!!! I remapped my side button to folderswitch and it works flawlessly. No need for the stylus in outlook anymore. Nothing but the best people here always making things better for everyone.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Glad it works for you. Now if we could only get Cody to try it!
    Cody try it, it works, and it's easy

Now I am going to check out those other scripts, thanks to Hannip I lost my script virginity today
    Jimmie Geddes
  6.    #26  
    I want to say that this hack is excellent! I have been playing with it all evening & I think my Treo is really now a one handed device!

No more stylus. I think now i need a new case!

Another HUGE THANK YOU!!
    How awesome.

I finally got the nerve to install it this morning and it works perfectly. It was one of the only functions I still used my stylus for. No more!

Thanks hannip.
    Thanks Hannip, just posted it to my site with huge thanks to you. You've come throught again.

http://gadgetsonthego.net/2006/12/us...700wx-one.html
    Jimmie Geddes
    Thanks Hannip!! Any thoughts on a script to use the back or library menus in WMP without stylus? Thanks.
    (maybe off topic here, but I use the back-space key in WMP to go back - assuming that's the back you're talking about, OU Man). For example, if I'm looking at my songs by 'artist', and want to go back to the view of 'all music', for instance - just hit the back arrow on the keyboard and you'll go back a level. If that's what you're talking about, maybe that will help...
    JohnnyMac, very helpful tip. Thanks. That does most of what I need. It would be nice to switch between media location in the library pull down but I have all of my files on the SD card now and have eliminated the "My Device" from that list so I think I am good now. Thanks.
    Hannip,

Please let me know when you get a new phone, so I can get the same one and take advantage of all your knowledge!
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    JohnnyMac, very helpful tip. Thanks. That does most of what I need. It would be nice to switch between media location in the library pull down but I have all of my files on the SD card now and have eliminated the "My Device" from that list so I think I am good now. Thanks.
    You probably know this, but you can switch media location by using the Menu key/Library, and then going Storage Card (I just hit Menu/S). I did try the remove of that file which takes away the 'My Device' choice, but doing that seemed to mess up some other stuff, so I've left it for now....
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Hannip,

Please let me know when you get a new phone, so I can get the same one and take advantage of all your knowledge!
    I can tell you right now that my next device is the treo 750 from Cingular. If you live in an area where Cingular offers UMTS/HSDPA how can you resist the 750? It has built in Voice Command via bluetooth, built in A2DP support, built in Palm Messaging and everything else that the 700wx has. Unlimited data is $20 and for $149.99 for the device it was a no brainer for me.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I can tell you right now that my next device is the treo 750 from Cingular. If you live in an area where Cingular offers UMTS/HSDPA how can you resist the 750? It has built in Voice Command via bluetooth, built in A2DP support, built in Palm Messaging and everything else that the 700wx has. Unlimited data is $20 and for $149.99 for the device it was a no brainer for me.
    Are you sure about the native VC via BT? That's awesome if true.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Are you sure about the native VC via BT? That's awesome if true.
    100% sure.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    100% sure.
    Odd, everything I've read says that it is not possible. Have you tried it yourself?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...3&page=4&pp=15

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1132225
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    Odd, everything I've read says that it is not possible. Have you tried it yourself?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...3&page=4&pp=15

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?p=1132225
    Read that last thread a little closer. In the last two posts both bcaslis and SF-SJ verified it does indeed work. Don't confuse yourself with people installing VC 1.6. You don't need 1.6. The built in version 1.5 with Palm's moded btag dll is all you need.

Also speeddemon over at ppcgeeks has verified that caller announcement via bluetooth works out of the box and also appointment announcement works.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/transfer-cal...,start,60.html
    I can tell you right now that my next device is the treo 750 from Cingular.
    trader

Glad it works for you. Now if we could only get Cody to try it!
    i'm glad this mortscript thing is working for everyone. i must say, i dont like just installing anything onto my treo. at first i just wanted to find out a little more about what it did and how it worked. i have been following this thread for a while and have found nothing but happy people

as for me, i dont wnat to give up one of my hard keys just to change folders once in a while. i dont run the aebutton app so i dont have any extra hard keys. dont wnat to pay $7 for the app just for mortscript.

i'm not busting on anything here and i'm happy to see hannip has come to the rescue agian. i was just hoping on seeing the "go to" part of the folder switching. like in the picture in the first post. i just hope we get a good update that will include things like this.

once again... hannip be da man.
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/01/2007 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    trader
    lol. What is it that I'm being accused of? I'm not leaving Palm or these forums. You haven't ever upgraded a Palm device before?

i'm glad this mortscript thing is working for everyone. i must say i dont like just installing anything onto my baby (treo). at first i just wanted to find out a little more about what it did and how it worked. i have been following this thread for a while and have found nothing but happy people

as for me, i dont wnat to give up one of my hard keys just to change folders once in a while. i dont run the aebutton app so i dont have any extra hard keys. dont wnat to pay $7 for the app just for mortscript.

i'm not busting on anything here and i'm happy to see hannip has come to the rescue agian. i was just hoping on seeing the "go to" part of the folder switching. like in the picture in the first post. i just hope we get a good update that will include thing like this.
    What is it that you have assigned to the hardware button(s) now? It's simple to have MortScript pop up a menu so that you can do multiple things from that one button. Also you can easily have it react differently depending on what app is in focus. Let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do to please you.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast