Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    I have no idea what the hell happened...

It worked yesterday and today it will just not start. I go to Start / Setttings / Connections / Bluetooth and nothing when I hit bluetooth. I go to wireless manager and it hangs up forever when I try to start bluetooth.

Anybody have any idea what is happening? The only registry editing I did was to put the cache, history, etc for PIE on my card.
    Do a soft reset on the phone and see if that fixes the problem.
    this happens to me sometimes after I install a program. sometimes uninstalling the program will fix it, sometimes I do a hard reset, restore the sprite backup. the I try to install the program again and sometimes all is well 2nd try. The same issues also breaks my AE Button Plus and Total Commander 2.5 beta. It is very elusive, so I do daily backups.
    Do you have the Sprint SMS patch and Threaded SMS application both installed? Many of us have experienced issues with this combination.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Soft reset a bunch of times. Yes, I had the SMS patch installed and the threading. No issues for a week...

I had to do a hard reset.
    Do you have any GPS navigation software. I found that when I install CoPilot along with the threaded sms and the spring patch the same problem occurs
    Ironically the sms patch and sms threader installed together causes the bluetooth hang problem. It is intermittent but when it happens the only solution currently is to hard reset and restore back to the point where it was working.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    This stinks. I have the same issue.
    Here's my thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136392
    I need my BT GPS. I'd hate to give up my threaded SMS, but I suppose I would if it meant having more reliable BT.
    i have this problem and i don't have threaded SMS... that can't be the only explaination...
    for me- it gets fixed by a soft reset or two... pretty much as soon as my treo leaves the proximity of a BT device it was connected to, BT fails... i can use my headset and my gps together, but if i leave my headset in the car turned on- when i come back the BT won't work unless i soft reset.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    i have this problem and i don't have threaded SMS... that can't be the only explaination...
    for me- it gets fixed by a soft reset or two... pretty much as soon as my treo leaves the proximity of a BT device it was connected to, BT fails... i can use my headset and my gps together, but if i leave my headset in the car turned on- when i come back the BT won't work unless i soft reset.
    I just had this problem yesterday as well.. I had the Jetware Bluetooth extensions installed and, for some reason, the registration for the product disappeared causing my bluetooth functionality to stop altogether. I uninstalled the program, re-entered the registration codes and - voila - all is well in the world again... by the way, check the new post I made on a fix for the bluetooth problems...

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky View Post
    ... by the way, check the new post I made on a fix for the bluetooth problems...

Lee
    Link?