1.    #1  
    I have 2 issues relating to syncing OTA.

My treo is set to sync to Exchange server 2003 & the setting is to sync items as they arrive. However, it seems like it is syncing much more often than that & consequently it is running my battery down very quickly. Any ideas why it would be doing this?

The second issue is with my IMAP .mac account. on the delivery schedule I have unchecked the automatic sync checkbox but it still collects mail automatically at the previously set interval. Any ideas how to stop this?

Thanks

Paul
    There are two places where the IMAP prefernces need to be set

(both are done while outlook is open)
    1. Menu-delivery prefences. Make usre everything is unchecked.
    2. Now go to menu-tools-options-IMAP ACCOUNT. Here you can set the delivery preferences you want, this is the main setting. #1 conflicts with #2, for some stupid reason
    paulpenny - one question:

You didn't install the Yahoo Go for Mobile app, by any chance, did you? I did, and even after deleting it, my Exchange ActiveSync settings seem to be all messed up. Like yours, my device is syncing on its own every 3 minutes (even if I change my sync settings to 'manual', which would mean it should NEVER sync on its own - still doing it though).

Just wondering if by chance you'd installed that app. It's basically a WM device app designed to bring Yahoo services down to your device.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulpenny View Post
    I have 2 issues relating to syncing OTA.

My treo is set to sync to Exchange server 2003 & the setting is to sync items as they arrive. However, it seems like it is syncing much more often than that & consequently it is running my battery down very quickly. Any ideas why it would be doing this?

Paul
    I have the same issue. My 750 syncs every 10 minutes on an average even if there is nothing to download. And whenever it does so, it turns the screen on. It is pretty annoying...

Rajesh
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the tip on the imap sync. that seems to have solved the problem.

i haven't been near the yahoo stuff so that is not affecting activesync. i will have to look at this further.