1.    #1  
    Are we all going to migrate over here over time?
    (Just curious)

I'm currently considering a Blackjack to replace my 8125. The slideout keyboard never grew on me and I've still never used the wi-fi for anything. The only potential negative is the inability to cut/paste and the inability to add cells to an excel sheet that I use quite frequently. Aside from that the only app I'd lose is PIEPlus.

If the Treo 750 ever appears I might consider that, but with the better screen resolution and form-factor of the Blackjack it'll be a tough call.

Anyway: Nice touch ... WMExperts ... I like it.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    WMExperts will be an alternative site for Treo users that have decided to switch to non-Palm WM phones. Some forums and the user registration are cross shared. Dieter is doing a great job with the Blog on the frontpage, and we have several new sections going live through January.
  3.    #3  
    Most excellent!

Only one nit-pic. This WMExperts forum doesn't work nearly as well on my mobile device as TreoCentral does. Otherwise I welcome the new stomping grounds.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    That's because this site does not have the mobile version active yet. I am sure dieter (septimus) will be able to get that up sometime.
    I look forward to participating here - I am a longtime member who has recently moved from a 700p to a Moto Q, and I don't like the idea of abandoning the good people at TreoCentral...
  6.    #6  
    Keefer,

You have pretty much expressed my view as well with regards to the fine community we all have in TreoCentral.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    I have made frequent trips to WM land but up to now have come back to my 650. While I was away I missed TC. This site will make it easier to stomach the inevitable transition to Windows Mobile. Thanks for setting it up.
  8.    #8  
    I loved my Treo 650.

I had originally turned it off after my company bought me the 8125. I wanted to turn my 650 back on as a personal phone, but Sprint wouldn't do it without locking me into a 2 year contract with ETF. Since I originally paid the ETF to get out of my contract I wasn't going to do that again, especially since this was really going to be a "hobby" phone.

Their loss.

But yes ... I do miss my 650. I long for the day that Windows Mobile catches up to the usability of PalmOS.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Does the WM on the 750 from cingular allow you add your own SSL cerificates? The versamail 3.5 did not allow this and you had purchase certificates from their preapproved library.
    Hi all -

been focusing on the backend of WMExperts for awhile now (Movable Type-based, which I love to love and love to hate), but I'll be super-forum guy asap.

mobile version of the forums high up on the to-do list.

as far as replacing treocentral, not really. TC and WME will be sharing some forums, but not all. It's actually a pretty nice system, IMO, so long as the mods from TC don't get stuck with too much extra work.
  11.    #11  
    Sounds great. I'll be here more often when the mobile version comes online. I do most of my postings from my mobile device.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    seems to be working ok - mobile.discussion.wmexperts.com . Great!
    I'm glad I have a place to come to that still has the treocentral feel but WM focused. Great job guys!
    Jimmie Geddes