1.    #1  
    I know ActiveSync will only let me sync to a max of 2 computers, but I must keep 3 computers in sync. I've looked at a number of solutions, but can't seem to find one that will work for me.

What would you guys do? I am thinking of using a flash drive to transfer the Outlook pst file from the first computer to the third computer, but that seems pretty kludgy. Any other ideas??
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    synch what exactly? data files in general or Outlook? Other?
  3.    #3  
    Outlook - Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes.
    Get an exchange server service like 4smartphone.net. I LOVE IT! Keeps all 3 of mine in sync.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    What Hotrod said; I use 4smartphone exchange service. It's AWESOME PLUS it includes OL Web access. I think I paid $70-$80 for the year. I have my Desktop PC , TabletPC and Treo 700W all synced with 4smartphone. I can enter, delete, or edit any OL info any any of these systems and have the changes/additions/deletions automatically updated on the others. It really makes life great for me!
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Try this link: http://www.plaxo.com/

It's free and works great. I use it to keep my office, home and laptop synced. You still need to activesync with one of them to keep your treo synced. I just do it a couple times a day at the office.

HTH

WCK
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wckesq View Post
    Try this link: http://www.plaxo.com/

It's free and works great. I use it to keep my office, home and laptop synced. You still need to activesync with one of them to keep your treo synced. I just do it a couple times a day at the office.

HTH

WCK

I *think* Plaxo is only for addresses, correct? A TRUE Exchange Service will synch EVERYTHING including email and selected folders.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Rob:

Plaxo syncs contacts, appointments and tasks. It does not sync emails. Since I have email addresses for each of my devices and use POP email. I can pretty much sync the emails myself.

WCK
  9.    #9  
    Thanks, all. The one thing I can't figure out is whether or not I have to install ActiveSync if I use one of these solutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarlin View Post
    Thanks, all. The one thing I can't figure out is whether or not I have to install ActiveSync if I use one of these solutions.
    You'll probably want ActivSync on one computer, so you can transfer files and such. As far as syncing your contacts, appointments, etc., no, you do not need ActivSync. All you'll need is a full Exchange account. People like 4smartphone.net. mail2web.com has a full Exchange service, don't confuse it with their $1.99/mo plan (can only sync with Outlook Web Access). I was using sherweb.com previously and I was very happy with their service (cheapest of the bunch for using your own domain or address, no contracts or activation fees, 1.25gb storage, free Outlook 2003, etc.).

It's a pretty amazing service seeing your emails being marked read on your desktop or notebook laptop when you read it on your Treo. Or add a contact in Outlook and then it gets immediately transferred to your phone.