1.    #1  
    I cannot get my 700wx to initiate a wireless sync when an email is deleted. I have tried all options under storage i.e. immediate/manual/on connect to no evail. I have activesync set to sync whenever items arrive and have it set to send outgoing items immediately. This seems like an obvious oversight. Is there any way around this?
    it sounds like your using "push" mail since you said you have it set to sync when items arrive.

I use 4smartphone as my hosted exchange server. when I hit delete it syncs just fine. I just checked again before I posted this. what do you use for push? maybe that is the problem. did it ever work before?

without push mail, when you delete something, the device won't sync untill the next scheduled sync .
  3.    #3  
    Sorry, yes I am using push. We have our own exchange server at our company(small company). All other push works just fine. How long does it take for yours to initiate sync after an email delete on the device?
    instantly. 1 or 2 seconds.
  5.    #5  
    can you tell me what your settings are under activesync and outlook on the treo? It's possible though that we have some kind of problem on the server config. However, I can initiate a sync from the send/receive function in the menu in mobile outlook.
  6.    #6  
    Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing. I am talking about deleting an item on the Treo in Pocket Outlook. When I do this the circular arrows indicating an activesync session do not start up like they do if I send an email from the device or if I delete something in my Outlook client on my desktop. In those cases things happen immediately.
    my little circle icons start moving as soon as I hit delete. from what it sounds like you have everything set the same as me. the only thing I didn't understand was when youu have it set to sync immediately when sending email. I don't have this selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by ttoppins View Post
    I cannot get my 700wx to initiate a wireless sync when an email is deleted. I have tried all options under storage i.e. immediate/manual/on connect to no evail. I have activesync set to sync whenever items arrive and have it set to send outgoing items immediately. This seems like an obvious oversight. Is there any way around this?
    Mine does not initiate sync also when deleting emails from my PPC. I'm glad it doesn't though, thinking it will save some battery life.

I tried it on both my companies email server (both have 80,000 plus employees) and they react the same way.
    I find this very important if you don't want things left in your deleted items folder. I have the ppc set to delete immediately. if not there stiing there in the deleted items folder.

I have been watching this for the last 24 hours and have found that half the time this doesn't work. I was woundering why sometimes I would have things in the deleted items folder on my pc. my pc is set to delete the deleted items upon exiting. this should leave me with nothing in my deleted items folder when I first log on to outlook on the pc.

I have contacted 4smartphone and will post back when if find something out. I know this is possible because it works sometimes.
    so here's the scoop - what thoppins is talking about is actually by design. When using EAS (Exchange ActiveSync), the device does not treat a deleted email as an action that will initiate a sync. And if you think about it - if I delete an email, why should my device RIGHT THEN go and delete that message off the server? The next actionable sync process (arrival of new email, me doing a reply or a forward, etc or some other action like creating a meeting, or any other sync action) will cause that deleted message to go away from the server, and that's how I want it to work.

Think for a moment on the logic - if I'm in my Inbox on my device, deleting email like mad, and if that's all I do, why do I want my device to be constantly pinging the server? Those messages WILL end up going away upon some other sync action, so the end result is what you want. This way, your device battery stays alive longer, your device radio isn't constantly busy (good if you happen to be in a 1X market at the time), and you end up with what you want.

The point is - what you're seeing is how it's supposed to be, using EAS and Pocket Outlook. I can't speak to whatever issues the cody is having - maybe the process is different when using a hosted provider. I use EAS on my company's Exchange 2003, SP2 server, and I have the same process as the OU fan does, and it's how it's supposed to work.
  11.    #11  
    I still would like the option of delete initiating a sync. If you really want realtime bidirectional synchronization of data like what Goodlink provides(I do), then any change needs to initiate a sync whether at the Outlook client level or on the device. It may be personal preference but I would like continuous sync like Goodlink even at the cost of battery life. Waiting for another change in your exchange data to initiate a sync to me is a choice the user should have rather than have it forced on us. Some options like this are already selectable like immediate sending of outgoing new mail messages which basically causes a sync if enabled now.