Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've been unable to successfully install Yahoo! Go for Windows Mobile on my Treo 700wx.

Additionally, I'm unable to install Vindigo.

My 700wx is brand new and to be honest I'm getting frustrated at the amount of software that doesn't load correctly on the 700wx. Not to mention I can't access Sprint's Vision homepage to download software, ring tones or even check my account information.

Any suggestions? Thought?
    Is there a particular component you're unable to install? (I ask that because the "fine print" says that the Messenger part won't work with WM...)

Jen
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcarbary View Post
    Is there a particular component you're unable to install? (I ask that because the "fine print" says that the Messenger part won't work with WM...)

Jen
    I downloaded the program designed for Windows Mobile directly from the Yahoo website (http://go.connect.yahoo.com/go/mobile). The install, through Active Sync, seemed to work. The handset began to install and then completed; however, I get an error message when restarting the phone. The actual Yahoo program never appears under the program files. I did realize the Messenger wouldn't work on WM and I don't think that's the problem?
    I had no problem getting Y go to instal or work. Great program that allows full sync of e-mail, including folder management. Works great....except

Unstable at times i think. Some how the programs presence caused Pocket Outlook mail to loose the inability to forward. Felt stupid a few times when people said "why'd you send me a blank e-mail". Show stopper.
    Actually followed the link above. Looks like they've moved on to Yahoo Go 2.0 Beta and dropped WM support entirely....
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Actually followed the link above. Looks like they've moved on to Yahoo Go 2.0 Beta and dropped WM support entirely....
    Yeah thats true, it says that there might be something avaivable for download ion the future, but who knows?

Very stupid move to drop Windows Mobile IMHO, there are thousands of WM devices in use and growing. And if they had already started a lot of the hard work why not carry on?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Sun View Post
    Yeah thats true, it says that there might be something avaivable for download ion the future, but who knows?

Very stupid move to drop Windows Mobile IMHO, there are thousands of WM devices in use and growing. And if they had already started a lot of the hard work why not carry on?
    Could it have something to do with the iPhone yahoo deal?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I just went to the site http://sites.mobile.yahoo.com/go/mobile/getstarted with the phones browser (Treo 750) selected Windows Mobile Pocket PC (NOT Smartphone), then next, then picked Windwos mobile 5 and then picked Manual Install installation of .CAB then next then it downloaded and installed fine. Did not reboot my system. It seems to be just a front-end for the browser, but it does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmereos View Post
    I just went to the site http://sites.mobile.yahoo.com/go/mobile/getstarted with the phones browser (Treo 750) selected Windows Mobile Pocket PC (NOT Smartphone), then next, then picked Windwos mobile 5 and then picked Manual Install installation of .CAB then next then it downloaded and installed fine. Did not reboot my system. It seems to be just a front-end for the browser, but it does work.

I tried it! It worked!! Thanks so much! Ive been searching this site to get some info!! I didnt have to reboot nor did it crash my phone!! Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Just as an FYI. I just found this out myself just the other day. Treo Smartphones are not classified as Smartphones by other people. For example Tweaks2k2 has in BIG RED BOLD lettering on their website that if your phone has a touch screen it's NOT a SMARTPHONE, it's considers a Windows Mobile Pocket PC (PPC.) I would just keep that in the back of my mind when looking for software for these phones.
    Has anyone got the Yahoo! Mobile to work on the Treo 750 for Cingular? I have it installed, but whenever I try to open anything (news, finance, etc), it would tell me that it cannot open it because it is not signed with a trusted certificate.
    I had to do the run around to get the cab for WM5 for my 700wx
    here the link for it.
    http://swacmgr.go.yahoo.com/sm/binar...pGOJAN5pTWTmYJ

TinyURL for ease on your PIE/etc.
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/37cvop

I had to use an agent switcher to get it.

Here's a list of agents for mobile phones.
    http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/mobile_ids.html
    does anyone have the old version of yahooGo?

edited:
    found a copy
    Last edited by littlewaywelt; 08/02/2007 at 09:05 AM.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    where did you find it?
    Quote Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
    where did you find it?
    I googled it and found it, unfortunately I didn't bookmark it.

email me your email address and I'll send you the file
    littlewaywelt at yahoo dot com