1.    #1  
    I've gotten this same text message several times this morning. I just did a hard reset and was installing apps when it started. The first thing I installed was SOTI pocket controller.

Anyways, here's an image of the message, it's been the same all 3 times..

Any ideas??
    that looks like a trigger sms from some other program or service... it used to be that push mail services would send text messages specially coded and the client app would look for them and initiate a sync... if you are using a push mail solution, it's possible that the configuration somehow changed...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    that looks like a trigger sms from some other program or service... it used to be that push mail services would send text messages specially coded and the client app would look for them and initiate a sync... if you are using a push mail solution, it's possible that the configuration somehow changed...
    PCS Business Connection maybe?? I'll install it and see if it goes away..
    It's a base64 encoded or decoded string, copy and paste it into a decoder and you should be able to get the message.
    that would definitely do it... when i tested business connection, i found they actually sent an sms that triggered a sync and it looked similar... if you want to use it, reinstall, if not, unsubscribe or change the notification settings.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    that would definitely do it... when i tested business connection, i found they actually sent an sms that triggered a sync and it looked similar... if you want to use it, reinstall, if not, unsubscribe or change the notification settings.
    That was absolutely it. Thanks for the help!