1.    #1  
    I thought I was playing nicely with the phone...no major hacks this time. Working nicely and very responsive...until yesterday.

First sympton was accessing an e-mail in outlook (exchange account). It opened just the header....the body was non-existant. Same thing with other e-mails.

Soft reset: Basics services and applications aren't getting started. It comes to the today screen, but nothing is running in the background. My start menu has one item on it "Today". Left soft key brings up messaging, but still just the headers. Right soft key alows me to change today preferences, etc...but that's it. I can't access programs...or backups. The phone isn't even running.

Any ideas?

Can't acces Sprite Backup on the device. Last PC backup is kind of old. I've gotten into the habit of skipping the PC backup because the prompt comes up as soon as I connect to the device, and I usually want to do something else...not wait 5 minutes for Sprite to reset, backup, and reset again. Does SBP backup work the same way?
    Spb Backup is very different. It's very easy to use, and very convenient. I do a fresh system backup after I have my core programs installed with reg codes after a hard reset. Then I do a backup every night before bed. It usually takes about 5 minutes, it resets the phone, and that's it. If I run into a huge problem, like the other day, when Active Crap stopped working, I restore my own image with the programs already installed and make a few hacks and that's it. Up and running inside of a half hour, barring unforeseen catastrophe.

As far as your problem specifically, sounds like you have one more good hard reset in your future, unless the phone is really hosed...
    END OF LINE
    Try using the reset utility Palm released. You mat be one of the few that has suffered from "hard reset not really erasing EVERYTHING."
    I had to do two hard resets in a row to get an issue resolved. Try doing it a few times just in case.

Also, if you use Palms backup utility you can schedule a backup while your device is plugged into your computer and you are asleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by heimlich View Post
    I had to do two hard resets in a row to get an issue resolved. Try doing it a few times just in case.

Also, if you use Palms backup utility you can schedule a backup while your device is plugged into your computer and you are asleep.
    Heimlich is right, if you do not like the manual way, you can set it to backup at night for you to your PC or card.
    Quote Originally Posted by akenis View Post
    Can't acces Sprite Backup on the device. Last PC backup is kind of old. I've gotten into the habit of skipping the PC backup because the prompt comes up as soon as I connect to the device, and I usually want to do something else...not wait 5 minutes for Sprite to reset, backup, and reset again. Does SBP backup work the same way?
    Spb works about same way, but only reset when backup finish. However, it takes about same time that Sprite Backup need to finish a backup. As suggested if you do not want to wait, set up it to a scheduled backup.