1.    #1  
    I noticed that palm has a page devoted to DUN on the treo devices with links to the KB articles for each device/connection method:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/DUN/index.html

Interestingly for Bluetooth on the 700wx it says:

"Bluetooth Dial Up Networking is not available for Treo 700w/wx smartphones at this time. Please check back for updates."

What do they mean by "Please check back"? Are they seriously considering working on that?

They also say:

"USB Dial Up Networking is not available for Sprint Treo 700wx and Verizon Treo 700w smartphones at this time."

Guess they need to check their specs on that one.
    you know I have been woundering the same thing after seeing all the questions about bluetooth dun. I don't have bluetooth on my computer. I run pdanet and see setting for BT DUN. does this not work. in the help part of pdanet thay talk about two different ways. through activive sync and another. I am going to buy a BT donngle and try it this weekend.
    pdanet is a good solution if you want to get on with a windows computer with activesync- but BT dun allows you to get online with any device that has bluetooth. for example- another pda, or a UMPC, or a linux/mac/windows pc without activesync... BT dun is a lot more versatile.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    pdanet is a good solution if you want to get on with a windows computer with activesync- but BT dun allows you to get online with any device that has bluetooth. for example- another pda, or a UMPC, or a linux/mac/windows pc without activesync... BT dun is a lot more versatile.
    BT DUN is also free June fabrics already has enough of my money. I didn't find their Treo 600 version of the software to be particularly robust and from some trials of the 700w version it still seems like an overkill (memory hog, more things to go wrong) for something that should have been included in the original design.

I'm amazed that there is not a way of configuring BT DUN with all of the network settings on the laptop and the Treo. What the hell are all the "Connections" and "Network Cards" settings for on the 700wx anyway?

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post

I'm amazed that there is not a way of configuring BT DUN with all of the network settings on the laptop and the Treo. What the hell are all the "Connections" and "Network Cards" settings for on the 700wx anyway?

Steve
    Well- on most other windows mobile phones, there is... or there's an application that controls its operation. the catch is that the carriers dictate what is and isn't there.
    on my sprint 6700, there's a program that turns on dial up networking and allows you to select whether you want it to run through bluetooth with the standard BT DUN or USB or through the IR port, using standard modem over IR or USB modem links... no special software to put on the computer or other device that's tethering...

it's always been that way with palm- they cave to what carriers demand, or just don't put too much of an effort into putting all the features that could possibly be there- just in case they cause too much instability or hinder the ease of use...

admittedly, my 6700 is sometimes clunky to use but i can do so much with it...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I use USB DUN on a Sprint wx and other than my phone locking up after fifteen to twenty minutes or me attempting to download a large file, it runs okay. Can't figure out WHAT causes it to lock up though.
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1A1D View Post
    I use USB DUN on a Sprint wx and other than my phone locking up after fifteen to twenty minutes or me attempting to download a large file, it runs okay. Can't figure out WHAT causes it to lock up though.
    I have the same exact problem. Kinda gave up and haven't used BT DUN in the past 3 months as all I do is get frustrated using it. I'm using PDAnet and still think it isn't 100% bug free.
    I need this DUN working on my 700wx, cause i need it to connect to my tomtom.
    Quote Originally Posted by calebu2 View Post
    BT DUN is also free June fabrics already has enough of my money. I didn't find their Treo 600 version of the software to be particularly robust and from some trials of the 700w version it still seems like an overkill (memory hog, more things to go wrong) for something that should have been included in the original design.

Steve
    Do you have a link to this free BtDun app?