View Poll Results: Have you ever used your Treo while driving (aside from using the phone)?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can't stop using my Treo while I am driving!

34 41.46%
  • No way! I never use my Treo while on the road.

7 8.54%
  • Ok, once in a while I will use the Treo while driving.

39 47.56%
  • Whats a Treo?

2 2.44%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, have you ever D.W.T.'ed?

Is it no big deal? Is it the same as driving impaired?
    Man when the traffic doesnt move. I always get my treo and start reading forums.. lol
    I know is not funny. But I get really bored. And the traffic doesn't move at all here in Puerto Rico.
    Only at traffic lights.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I actually have my Treo mounted on the dash and wired into the AUX of my Alpine "Boom Boom" stereo!!
    Then I load movies on a 4 gig card and watch movies in surround sound on the way to work.
    SWEEEEET!

Paul G
    <><
    I text every 5 minutes while I drive.
    I sling to work and back. I have mine wired up to my car stereo also.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsg63 View Post
    I actually have my Treo mounted on the dash and wired into the AUX of my Alpine "Boom Boom" stereo!!
    Then I load movies on a 4 gig card and watch movies in surround sound on the way to work.
    SWEEEEET!

Paul G
    <><

YES! But I take it one step further. I connect it to my AUX radio and turn on the SlingPlayer. LOL I watch Springer on my way to work. hahahaha

Bad bad bad.... i know.
    You know what else works surprisingly well? When I have my Treo connected to my AUX input in my car... i can actually use the phone.

The person talking to me comes out in my car's speakers. I can talk (a little loudly... but not too bad)... and they can hear me thanks to the Treo's ultra sensitive mic. Dont have to use speakerphone mode either because if I do that... it disconnects the sound going out the headphone aux jack.

I use an Akron mount and it works great.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Guilty, when stuck in traffic or at lights, I've texted or email on my treo.
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    I have always surfed while driving when using other ppc's. now with the treo I can tye as well. yesterday I almost rear ended a semi. I was going 60 mph and made a quick lane change and lived. good thing no one was in the other lane. scared the heck out of me.

I'm actually typing this now while driving to work.
    Driving while treoing is a heck of a lot safer than driving while 6700ing... since december 03 until this march, i was driving while treoing no problem... when i got a 6700, i reduced my usage as it was tougher to do with one hand... so hard that in october i got into an accident while fumbling trying to dial a number... thankfully no one was hurt and the other car had no damage- mine needed a new front end and 2 months of work. My chrysler 300 hit a cargo van at ~10mph- crumple zones yay... my body shop waived my deductible- so i spent it on a treo 700wx and i'm all good now!
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    I'm guilty of D.W.T. Between GPS, texting my delivery drivers, and replying to e-mail from customers, reading the forums and news sites, oh and can't forget, streaming cartoons while I wait...
    WinMo Veteran: Typhoon, Wallaby, Wizard, Hurricane, Tornado, Apache, Treo 700wx...

Reg edits are like haircuts... Best done by someone who knows what they're doing!
    congratulations folks. You're the type of drivers that get ppl killed.
    texting? watching a movie? If you think you have your attention on the road and glancing down to key a message you're kidding yourself. You joke about it, like my bad. but you don't seem to get that everyone who drives doing this junk is a threat, not just the other guy.
    as a person that bike commutes by choice I'm offended by drivers like you.
    the beauty is that with a treo- you can a few quick things just navigating by feel. I wouldn't write a sonnet while driving, but replying to an email with a quick quip is pretty simple. with other devices, you really do need to take your eyes off the road and concentrate on what you're doing.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    While I'm not disputing the danger of D.W.T., there are tons of other things drivers do that are just as dangerous if not more. Putting on make-up, reading the paper, eating, "Road H" (use your imagination), etc.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    "Road H" (use your imagination), etc.
    Ok, I must have no imagination, whats a Road H? I am very curious!
    Road Head.

getting orally serviced while operating a motor vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenundrum View Post
    the beauty is that with a treo- you can a few quick things just navigating by feel. I wouldn't write a sonnet while driving, but replying to an email with a quick quip is pretty simple. with other devices, you really do need to take your eyes off the road and concentrate on what you're doing.
    I don't care how proficient someone is with a treo, no one is keying an email by feel. You have to look down.

When you look down for 15 total seconds while keying letters. you've travelled hundreds of feet on the highway.

Don't kid yourself you're taking your eyes off the for two-three seconds per key or two keys at a time, and traveling quite a bit of distance in those 3 seconds.

Consider that the time to move your foot to the break is .5 seconds as well.

Nuts.
    While I'm not disputing the danger of D.W.T., there are tons of other things drivers do that are just as dangerous if not more. Putting on make-up, reading the paper, eating, "Road H" (use your imagination), etc.
    That argument is completely irrelevant, they are all dangerous (save the road H ) and none excuses the other.

This thread isn't discussing all the other dangerous things that happen on the highway or city streets.

Add smoking to that list too. How many people smoke while they are driving? Thats a distraction in itself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast