Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Talked to an Alltel rep today and they said that picture text messages have to go from an e-mail account on my phone and to an email from other people's phone.

So, I'm going to have to tell everyone that they can't picture message my phone...they have to send it to my email address.

Stinks!

This all true?

Anybody else?
    Register at this site and download this program.

http://ppcgeeks.com/real-picture-mai...00wx-t707.html
    You can receive picture and video mail... just can't send it unless you add the app/hack that is listed in the link above.
    yes the mms hack should work on sending pics through sms.

you should be able to receive pics through sms though before changing anything. have someone do a test for you before you do anything.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    What if I'm using Alltel? Will the same Sprint settings work? Not following, sorry. Hopefully this hack will help my issue! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by TabJo View Post
    What if I'm using Alltel? Will the same Sprint settings work? Not following, sorry. Hopefully this hack will help my issue! Thanks!
    No, it was setup to use on the Sprint Network. I'm sure you can change the settings to work with Alltel but I'm not 100% positive about that.
    has anyone been able to find the settings for this... i cant
    Also, you still can't send video mail with this hack, just so you know.
    nobody knows alltels setup for this? I am still trying to get picture messaging to work with the 700wx as well
    So if I use the hack, will the picture mail count as a text message, which I have to pay separately for? Or will it still be a picture mail, which is covered under Sprint's Vision package? *Found the answer to this question over at ppcgeeks and the answer is that it is picture mail and I won't be charged extra for it.*

I'm having problems getting the cab file to my Treo. I have Vista on my computer, so I'm using WMDC, and can't seem to copy the cab file from my PC to my Treo. Can anyone help me with this???

Thanks!
    Last edited by kmcoch; 08/04/2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Found answer to original question