1.    #1  
    I am able to make a vpn connection fine, I can see the connection on my Treo 700wx (with sprint) and I see the connection on my networks server. The connection will stay forever until I try to connect to a computer using the terminal service client included on the treo. As soon as I do this the vpn connection is dropped, so of course the terminal service client can't connect to the internal network machines.

I saw one other thread on this issue months ago, but there never was a response. Anyone have any ideas?
  2.    #2  
    No one else has this issue?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I think your problem is that not alot of people use these. I know I don't. I do use pcAnywhere to connect to my desktop PC though.

Greg
  4.    #4  
    The strange thing is that the vpn connection drops when I try to connect using terminal services, or when I try to browse the network with File Explorer. It seem that the treo just cuts the connection. I'm downloading pc Anywhere right now, I'll see if it has the same effect.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I tried TS but didn't like it. I ended up going with pcAnywhere since I was already using it and it works great for me.

Greg
  6.    #6  
    Did TSC actually work for you though, or does it disconnect the vpn?
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    When I had it working I didn't have a VPN running. I was port forwarding.

Greg
    mini-jack...

Are you guys TSing INTO the phone or OUT OF the phone? I'd be interested in coming in from my desktop box so I can use KVM.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by labboypro View Post
    mini-jack...

Are you guys TSing INTO the phone or OUT OF the phone? I'd be interested in coming in from my desktop box so I can use KVM.
    I'm going out of the phone into my desktop. Not sure what you want to do.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregE View Post
    I'm going out of the phone into my desktop. Not sure what you want to do.
    I was just thinking it'd be a good way to get onto a normal sized kbd/monitor. I'm the guy who's using dual 21's set to 1024x768

11.    #11  
    Trying to go OUT of the phone to the computer. There is a program you can use to control the phone when it's connected via usb. I forget the name of it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosemoose View Post
    I am able to make a vpn connection fine, I can see the connection on my Treo 700wx (with sprint) and I see the connection on my networks server. The connection will stay forever until I try to connect to a computer using the terminal service client included on the treo. As soon as I do this the vpn connection is dropped, so of course the terminal service client can't connect to the internal network machines.

I saw one other thread on this issue months ago, but there never was a response. Anyone have any ideas?

I would assume you are trying to RDP into a PC on the local (VPN) network?

If this is the case... make sure you have done the following:

- Add the IP address of the PC you are connecting to the "exceptions list" IMPORTANT
    - Make sure in your "Work Network" you have the VPN connection defined, as well as the modem defined (the modem is blank by default in the Work Network)

It should work if all of that is set up properly. Works great on my network.
    The strange thing is that the vpn connection drops when I try to connect using terminal services,

It can drop the connection if you don't have the pc/server you want to connect to added on the exceptions list. If the PC is not listed on the exceptions list... it will use "MY ISP" to try to connect and it won't work. If its on Exceptions... the device will know to use the Work Connection so the VPN should stay up.
  14.    #14  
    Awesome, that go me half way there! Why isn't that listed anywhere? While I can connect to my vpn now, I can't use file explorer to browse a network share even though the ip is listed in the exceptions list. Any ideas there?
    Trying to go OUT of the phone to the computer. There is a program you can use to control the phone when it's connected via usb. I forget the name of it though.
    If it's the one I tried a few weeks ago, it is indeed forgettable. I can't remember the name either, and I've hard reset phone since, as well as uninstalled from my desktop. It was teh sux0r... kept hanging, and as best I could tell, it was merely a graphic display of the Treo screen... no real keyboard interaction.
    What VPN software are you using?
    Awesome, that go me half way there! Why isn't that listed anywhere? While I can connect to my vpn now, I can't use file explorer to browse a network share even though the ip is listed in the exceptions list. Any ideas there?

You need WINS to do file sharing. Create a WINS server on your network. Make sure the file server you want to connect to has an entry on that WINS server. Also make sure you have WINS set up in your WM5 VPN advanced properties. Then it should work.

Yes it would be nice if this was explained anywhere. It took me a LOT of trial and error to finally get this working (without any good help on the web).
    Quote Originally Posted by DjPiLL View Post
    I would assume you are trying to RDP into a PC on the local (VPN) network?

If this is the case... make sure you have done the following:

- Add the IP address of the PC you are connecting to the "exceptions list" IMPORTANT
    - Make sure in your "Work Network" you have the VPN connection defined, as well as the modem defined (the modem is blank by default in the Work Network)

It should work if all of that is set up properly. Works great on my network.
    This is 1 million percent correct. The VPN on the phone does not work well with IP's I use VPN, TSC all the time for work stuff, and it requires you use wins name resolution. FQDN's and IP's do not work for beans.
    Quote Originally Posted by happydeath View Post
    This is 1 million percent correct. The VPN on the phone does not work well with IP's I use VPN, TSC all the time for work stuff, and it requires you use wins name resolution. FQDN's and IP's do not work for beans.

I can use FQDNs for remote desktop and RDP. Its File Sharing and network browsing that I found I need WINS.